ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
injuries
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
injuries
That's exactly why we are fighting for better T&C, pensions, sick pay, shorter working week, reduced lapsing and increased contract hours etc.jtshocka wrote:IS your DO like a casualty department with the walking wounded , never seen so much suffering knee .back .hip. hernia plantar fasciitis at this rate our only retirement will be walking sticks and wheel chairs
-
noggin1969
- Posts: 1321
- Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 17:28
- Gender: Male
injuries
I would have thought the CWU could have put some sort of threat of a class action on the table during the negotiations. Many posties are suffing from musculoskeletal problems , the threat of multi millions pounds in damages like the NCB had to make , might sharpen the focus of RM.
-
BarnsleyLackey
- Posts: 349
- Joined: 24 Aug 2011, 16:07
- Gender: Male
injuries
I doubt anyone above the front lines gives a toss. The goal of management is an agency/temporary workforce, with the less benefits the better. Whether ill health, new job or sacked, every postie that throws in the towel is a celebratory statistic for them. The goal of any long serving postie, aged in their 40s, is to hang on for dear life until at least 55, and hope they aren't too wrecked come retirement time. Cracking and creaking round the Costa Del Sol, once a year, is ultimately how it's going to be for most.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
injuries
go sick then, why carry on. A lot of posties in my office have had 4-6 weeks off restpeshwaarinaan wrote:I am in so much pain from PF. My left arch has collapsed so I'm putting all my weight through my left foot as my posture is rubbish which gives me back, neck and shoulder pain. Think my days are numbered.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
injuries
You have my sympathies PN. I've had PF and it's a bastard.peshwaarinaan wrote:I am in so much pain from PF. My left arch has collapsed so I'm putting all my weight through my left foot as my posture is rubbish which gives me back, neck and shoulder pain. Think my days are numbered.
Spoke to the Doctor reference long term use of Brufen and he just said pop in if you get bad guts. Luckily I never did. As he said "If you need the medication then take it". Never felt so much relief as when it finally sorted itself out. Hope you don't have to suffer too long.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
woody
- Posts: 11
- Joined: 26 Sep 2007, 15:08
injuries
Hi
I have had planter fasciitis for over 2 years in both feet along with 3 heel spurs has everyone says the pain is unbearable it doesnt help pushing an HTC for 12 miles a day
I have recently had 6 months off work and I am currently on a back to work plan I have to say my manager Has been very helpful I was surprised the care and help I have had from him . there really is not much you can do i have spent more than £2500 on private treatment with very little help also had 8 injections which did not touch it
but we must try and carry on stay positive .
I have had planter fasciitis for over 2 years in both feet along with 3 heel spurs has everyone says the pain is unbearable it doesnt help pushing an HTC for 12 miles a day
I have recently had 6 months off work and I am currently on a back to work plan I have to say my manager Has been very helpful I was surprised the care and help I have had from him . there really is not much you can do i have spent more than £2500 on private treatment with very little help also had 8 injections which did not touch it
but we must try and carry on stay positive .
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
injuries
Good post. I will be glad to hit 55,have the pension in the bag so to speak, but would ideally stay on to 60 maybe a little longer. Its all down to pot luck if i can hang it out that long! But i dont rush and claim when i go over and amazingly feel lucky that at 52 im entering the home straight. Wishing my life away springs to mind, but mainly i feel for the younger fellas, whos bodies will be absolutely wrecked by the crazy amount of walking on delivery nowadays.BarnsleyLackey wrote:I doubt anyone above the front lines gives a toss. The goal of management is an agency/temporary workforce, with the less benefits the better. Whether ill health, new job or sacked, every postie that throws in the towel is a celebratory statistic for them. The goal of any long serving postie, aged in their 40s, is to hang on for dear life until at least 55, and hope they aren't too wrecked come retirement time. Cracking and creaking round the Costa Del Sol, once a year, is ultimately how it's going to be for most.
-
frank chambers
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 23 Jun 2009, 21:56
- Gender: Male
injuries
Like Edward, i too feel lucky at the moment as at 53 i am just managing to do the job and i am relatively injury free, although i can feel the wear and tear it is having so not sure how long ill be able to last. Sixty seems a long way off as the job seems destined to get harder.I am lucky as my van share partner is great , he has kids to collect from school so i do motor round .
My office is a large one and we did have the oldest workforce in our area although now its much depleted, we had a big evr exodus about 3 years ago when van share was brought in but since then have lost an almost similar amount to medical severance , long term injuries and several deaths .When i think about it the casualty rate is staggering ,i wonder how typical our office is
My office is a large one and we did have the oldest workforce in our area although now its much depleted, we had a big evr exodus about 3 years ago when van share was brought in but since then have lost an almost similar amount to medical severance , long term injuries and several deaths .When i think about it the casualty rate is staggering ,i wonder how typical our office is
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
injuries
I'm on light duties at the mo. It's fine when I'm pottering around but walking for 4-5 hours is crippling me.eastie wrote:go sick then, why carry on. A lot of posties in my office have had 4-6 weeks off restpeshwaarinaan wrote:I am in so much pain from PF. My left arch has collapsed so I'm putting all my weight through my left foot as my posture is rubbish which gives me back, neck and shoulder pain. Think my days are numbered.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
injuries
Thanks DP. My GP said it could take up to 3 years to go away!Dorset Plodder wrote:You have my sympathies PN. I've had PF and it's a bastard.peshwaarinaan wrote:I am in so much pain from PF. My left arch has collapsed so I'm putting all my weight through my left foot as my posture is rubbish which gives me back, neck and shoulder pain. Think my days are numbered.My Doctor said "It'll sort itself out, takes about 12 months". And it did. In the meantime it was plenty of warm up stretches, especially 1st thing in the morning and throughout the day. I was popping Brufen and Paracetamol daily.
Spoke to the Doctor reference long term use of Brufen and he just said pop in if you get bad guts. Luckily I never did. As he said "If you need the medication then take it". Never felt so much relief as when it finally sorted itself out. Hope you don't have to suffer too long.