ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Stop deliver of the courier

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
srilfc2013
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by srilfc2013 »

Does anyone know if its possible to opt out of receiving the courier
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by worktotime »

srilfc2013 wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to opt out of receiving the courier
yes just keep sending it back refused . :thumbup
srilfc2013
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by srilfc2013 »

worktotime wrote:
srilfc2013 wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to opt out of receiving the courier
yes just keep sending it back refused . :thumbup
good idea,never thought of that :thumbup
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by Janet Brum »

It`s much easier to bin it :dance
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by Darwinsdad »

Sent mine back with a refused/kill off sticker on it months ago, not had one since. Also, didn’t get any of the RM propaganda throughout the recent industrial action ballot either
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by eastie »

srilfc2013 wrote:
worktotime wrote:
srilfc2013 wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to opt out of receiving the courier
yes just keep sending it back refused . :thumbup
good idea,never thought of that :thumbup
after you keep sending it back refused they send you a form to fill in stating you don't want anymore Couriors delivered to you or any other literature
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by worktotime »

Darwinsdad wrote:Sent mine back with a refused/kill off sticker on it months ago, not had one since. Also, didn’t get any of the RM propaganda throughout the recent industrial action ballot either
same here , happy days. :Very Happy
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by worktotime »

eastie wrote:
srilfc2013 wrote:
worktotime wrote:
srilfc2013 wrote:Does anyone know if its possible to opt out of receiving the courier
yes just keep sending it back refused . :thumbup
good idea,never thought of that :thumbup
after you keep sending it back refused they send you a form to fill in stating you don't want anymore Couriors delivered to you or any other literature
they sent the dim a letter to ask if I was still living at the address , I said but I just don't want that s**t , lol
blisterfeet
Posts: 103
Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by blisterfeet »

I sent mine back and wrote unwanted and got a letter saying if I didn't want to receive it anymore to fill the enclosed form out. I did and not received one since, I also never received any vote no stuff either so I guess they didnt mind I voted yes
Tman
Posts: 4145
Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by Tman »

Those old First World problems on show again.
Just stick it in the recycle bin like most probably do.
malcolm3011
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 303
Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by malcolm3011 »

When I worked for RM I was also fed up receiving this propaganda mag so wrote on it Not Wanted, RTS and never received another one again.
srilfc2013
Posts: 77
Joined: 10 Jul 2013, 19:36
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by srilfc2013 »

Tman wrote:Those old First World problems on show again.
Just stick it in the recycle bin like most probably do.
I would rather stop it all together,Royal Mail constantly making cuts.This should be the first thing to cut,will probably save them a few quid
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by rubberbond »

srilfc2013 wrote:
Tman wrote:Those old First World problems on show again.
Just stick it in the recycle bin like most probably do.
I would rather stop it all together,Royal Mail constantly making cuts.This should be the first thing to cut,will probably save them a few quid
Most regrettably I don't think they will stop it,because it's all part of the "communication strategy ", to keep us informed, same with RMTV, it's all for propaganda purposes, just to show us show much they care. I'd rather have a pay rise.
Sugar
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 431
Joined: 08 Jul 2007, 07:57
Gender: Female

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by Sugar »

Darwinsdad wrote:Sent mine back with a refused/kill off sticker on it months ago, not had one since. Also, didn’t get any of the RM propaganda throughout the recent industrial action ballot either
Same here :nana TBH the more that send it back the more they'll realise we don't want their bullsh!t.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Stop deliver of the courier

Post by Dorset Plodder »

rubberbond wrote:
srilfc2013 wrote:
Tman wrote:Those old First World problems on show again.
Just stick it in the recycle bin like most probably do.
I would rather stop it all together,Royal Mail constantly making cuts.This should be the first thing to cut,will probably save them a few quid
Most regrettably I don't think they will stop it,because it's all part of the "communication strategy ", to keep us informed, same with RMTV, it's all for propaganda purposes, just to show us show much they care. I'd rather have a pay rise.
I agree it's not likely to stop RB. I too refused the Courier years ago and eventually they asked if I no longer wanted it, "No shite Sherlock why do you think I've been Refusing it" :d'oh! It has the added advantage ,as others state, that you don't get the Anti-Strike Propaganda. :thumbup

I believe the Courier's not so much deliberate propaganda but they need to show they are communicating to qualify for Industry Awards like Investors in People. Without these awards some larger, more reputable companies, will not deal with them. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)