ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Paid Extended Delivery.
-
Celgar
- Posts: 2795
- Joined: 01 Nov 2017, 17:11
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
Posts on this site often mention to always book any extended delivery we complete each day. In our D/O we haven,t been allowed to that for many years other than at Xmas time or under extreme special circumstances. One of us asked the DOM about booking extended delivery the other day. I haven't got the complete reply but it involved having our deliveries lapsed on Tuesdays if we chose to go down that route. Therefore we effectively continue to work for free/ 'slave labour'. Any advice on this topic ? :)
The views I express here are mine alone and do not represent the views of Royal Mail Group.
-
doorstepped
- Posts: 1063
- Joined: 10 Oct 2011, 23:17
- Gender: Male
- Location: Somewhere west of London
Paid Extended Delivery.
every day people in our office book extended, some walks even book it on a Tuesday.
we currently have 7 vacancies out of an office with 25 walks, it only works because 75% of people in the office work their days off, if that was to stop we would fail at least one walk a day.
if the DOM stopped paying for extended the whole office would grind slowly to a halt as we would not be able to get in the doors in the mornings due to an ever increasing mountain of mail / packets.
we currently have 7 vacancies out of an office with 25 walks, it only works because 75% of people in the office work their days off, if that was to stop we would fail at least one walk a day.
if the DOM stopped paying for extended the whole office would grind slowly to a halt as we would not be able to get in the doors in the mornings due to an ever increasing mountain of mail / packets.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
NEVER work for free
-
Newbie001
- Posts: 474
- Joined: 30 May 2014, 17:29
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
If you aren't allowed to book extended, then bring back what you can't deliver. Simple. Sounds like your rep needs a boot in the nether regions. As for lapsing, same rule applies.
-
Rumple
- Posts: 429
- Joined: 20 Nov 2013, 10:45
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
Correct, we are not volunteers we are employees.Creditshampoo wrote:NEVER work for free
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
I work, they pay....if they don't pay, I don't work. Simple as that.
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
Your office needs to get a grip. Its 2017. Dont work for free. If the DOM wont pay then dont take the work out. A collective of 25 people can have more power than one DOM whos only thinking of his bonus. Your Rep needs replacing if this is happening
-
Sir Henry
- Posts: 1316
- Joined: 24 Oct 2014, 00:33
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
Get onto your area or div rep pronto and get rid of your rep damn quick. If the f****r has allowed this s**t to happen god only knows what else they'll let slide. Get your area rep down to the office ASAP and tell them to their face exactly what has been going on and for how long. Unbefuckinglievable.
"A third of the world's farmland is now useless due to soil degradation, yet we still keep producing mouths to feed. And what's you answer to that? Energy saving lightbulbs?"
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
Stop working your days off and see how it pans out
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
if they don't pay you for extended why the hell would you do it??
work your time and cut off
Problem is all these zero contract staff are worried they will lose their jobs if they dont
work your time and cut off
Problem is all these zero contract staff are worried they will lose their jobs if they dont
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
Personally I get paid for what I book as "Excess" not "Pressure" every week of the year (sometimes including Tuesday & Saturday). Most duties are able to book pressure throughout the year. The only exceptions are some duties that come in early and try and book extra for prep, or IPS, they've often been told that the shouldn't be in so early that's their choice (which TBH I agree with).
We even have some duties that have an agreement to be paid to prep Households on Saturdays, because they haven't enough time to prep them throughout the week, and complete the duty. Like most Offices we have quite a few who regularly work their days off and do a considerable amount of overtime. So they do need a lot of good will to make the system work.
We even have some duties that have an agreement to be paid to prep Households on Saturdays, because they haven't enough time to prep them throughout the week, and complete the duty. Like most Offices we have quite a few who regularly work their days off and do a considerable amount of overtime. So they do need a lot of good will to make the system work.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
thekiddykid
- Posts: 116
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Paid Extended Delivery.
No paid overtime means it stays in the office. Better still if they tell you to take it, ring in about an hour before you are due to finish, tell them how much you are going to be over, then wait for the extended silence. " Shall I bring it back then? " usually does the trick 
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Paid Extended Delivery.
I know I am out of all this now,but in the office where I was if you were going to extend on delivery some days you were lucky if you got paid all what was due,thats if you got it at all.Sometimes you didnt find out until you got your wage slip. Ok I know I should have cut off,but when you get told why cant you do it? Theres no mail,you are not up to the job you just get sick of all the arguing and just carry on.
Oh well as I said I am out of it now,but surely this is unlawful?
Oh well as I said I am out of it now,but surely this is unlawful?
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
So let me get this right….If you were to claim any delivery excess then the DOM possibly suggests lapsing deliveries - which will in turn will force you guys to work even more delivery excess??
What would be the point of that??
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Paid Extended Delivery.
Up to about 18 months ago this was still happening in my DO. You'd tell the DOM you'd have to go over, he'd ok the OT payment and then once you'd booked say an hours OT you'd discover he'd only paid you 30mins!Brandy wrote:I know I am out of all this now,but in the office where I was if you were going to extend on delivery some days you were lucky if you got paid all what was due,thats if you got it at all.Sometimes you didnt find out until you got your wage slip. Ok I know I should have cut off,but when you get told why cant you do it? Theres no mail,you are not up to the job you just get sick of all the arguing and just carry on.
Oh well as I said I am out of it now,but surely this is unlawful?
FFS It's not rocket science just pay the overtime on the week it's earned!
I believe it's mainly caused by certain Managers that use it as a way to "save" OT and increase their own bonuses. The last couple of Managers have been much better, pay the OT worked and there's no come back..... and less stress!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)