ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
-
Phantom
- Posts: 1234
- Joined: 27 Dec 2007, 18:17
- Gender: Female
- Location: New York
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Are you cutting off this Christmas due to a lack of extra staff in delivery? While we see Mail Centres and Parcel hubs opened up to handle the mail volume with thousands of extra staff there is never any extra staff for delivery which is a total disaster. In my office we've had 50-60 loops left daily this week and it's set to get worse as the weeks go on and nearly all packets are being left due to a lack off staff. Hold your heads in shame Royal Mail board, you useless set of overpaid and under worked cretins.
CUT OFF!!!
-
shepherdess
- Posts: 445
- Joined: 08 Jul 2009, 16:16
- Gender: Female
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Probably hope we all jack it in so they don't have to pay us all off but at any rate the lack of strike's it still is going belly up because of piss poor management as usual at this time of year. But packet volumes are getting bigger by the year and the cut's are getting deeper every year corporate greed and the bonus culture of RM will finally bring this once great service down this year! If not the strike's will follow as well as hordes of pissed off managers not getting their xmas bonus after the debacle leaving because they caused this unmitigated disaster that has never been equalled by corporate greed and incompetence!shepherdess wrote:Why oh why don't Royal Mail put any of the extra staff in Delivery office's instead of putting the already stressed staff under even more pressure
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Whilst it’s everyones choice whether they want overtime you mention extra staff in Mail centres but don’t think most of these workers don’t work a lot of extra hours every day anywhere between 4 and 7 hours extra a day plus days off I would be surprised if many at delivery offices work as long hours lots of early shifts are working 4am to 7pm
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Probably not as they would be dead! Have you done a delivery recently? Thing is 20% extra staff office's opened tent's in yard's yet delivery office f**k all extra staff area space we are drowning in tracked packets with no f***ing vans to shift them or even staff the whole place is a shambles yet the CEO has secret meetings deciding our fate for the future well if this is anything to go by it don't look good!Driver74 wrote:Whilst it’s everyones choice whether they want overtime you mention extra staff in Mail centres but don’t think most of these workers don’t work a lot of extra hours every day anywhere between 4 and 7 hours extra a day plus days off I would be surprised if many at delivery offices work as long hours lots of early shifts are working 4am to 7pm
-
Driver74
- Posts: 117
- Joined: 18 May 2017, 19:59
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
I agree there is loads of extra parcels and packets I can see how hard it must be to get rid of it all all I was pointing out is Mail centres are also bursting at the seams like you say but I think a lot of people are criticised on here if they want to work the extra hours as long as I’ve worked here Royal Mail as been run on huge amounts of overtime and most people have been grateful for it I know I have been in the past
-
postslippete
- Posts: 4197
- Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
No doubt the Senior management team at Royal Mail will be netting themselves a decent Xmas bonus for performing the vanishing parcels trick. That is managing to get all the extra parcels shifted without recruiting any extra staff. Of course, it doesn't work like this at all. Obviously, you get staff working their day off and one or two daft ones working till 5pm
BUT somewhere down the line ALL the parcels/loops have got to be taken and if they can't get any more agency guys in - then the line managers are out doing it, just like last year.
And even when DOMs have massively 'overspent' on paying out delivery overtime - they will still get their over-generous Xmas bonuses anyway….
And even when DOMs have massively 'overspent' on paying out delivery overtime - they will still get their over-generous Xmas bonuses anyway….
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
-
postiewhite
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 619
- Joined: 23 Jul 2013, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
I haven't a problem on certain days to either complete or bring my partner back to the office and finish off packets, I just cant guarantee I can do this which my manager wants but if ive nothing planned then I might get 4 or 5 extra hrs in a week to help pay for my January holiday spending money.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Not if it FAIL'S and it will this year everyone's had enough even the new start's so it will FAIL!postslippete wrote:No doubt the Senior management team at Royal Mail will be netting themselves a decent Xmas bonus for performing the vanishing parcels trick. That is managing to get all the extra parcels shifted without recruiting any extra staff. Of course, it doesn't work like this at all. Obviously, you get staff working their day off and one or two daft ones working till 5pm![]()
BUT somewhere down the line ALL the parcels/loops have got to be taken and if they can't get any more agency guys in - then the line managers are out doing it, just like last year.
And even when DOMs have massively 'overspent' on paying out delivery overtime - they will still get their over-generous Xmas bonuses anyway….
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Fingers crossed it's looking like it might be alright at our place for a change this year, it's not by forward thinking or planning by management it's simply down to the fact that no one is off sick and despite being pissed about and sent to other offices the last two new starters are still here, so if it stays that way we'll have some help for the extra parcels.
Surely something must go wrong.
What a sorry state of affairs this job has become !!
Surely something must go wrong.
What a sorry state of affairs this job has become !!
-
Nickvilla20
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Just took on 12 new staff at our office. We even have the luxury of bulk drivers and extra vans!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
We start our "Christmas Duties" next week. This is basically just a plan to use the extra Posties (because there's a Leave Block) and anyone that's working their day off. My duty's having nearly the top row delivered by the "Christmas Specials" so that helps a lot, but I've already told the DOM if it gets manic I'll be leaving even more.
We've had a taste of things to come with Weds & Thurs being very heavy, especially parcels. However I'm adamant that I'm not going to be pressured into working stupid hours this year. I'm sure most Posties don't have a much good will as usual, due to the ongoing disagreements and Royal Mails stalling tactics.
We've had a taste of things to come with Weds & Thurs being very heavy, especially parcels. However I'm adamant that I'm not going to be pressured into working stupid hours this year. I'm sure most Posties don't have a much good will as usual, due to the ongoing disagreements and Royal Mails stalling tactics.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
cpsteve
- Posts: 699
- Joined: 20 Apr 2016, 15:46
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Years ago the o/t was done before the finish time and for some it still is. Christmas can be easier if you have a full staff.Driver74 wrote:I agree there is loads of extra parcels and packets I can see how hard it must be to get rid of it all all I was pointing out is Mail centres are also bursting at the seams like you say but I think a lot of people are criticised on here if they want to work the extra hours as long as I’ve worked here Royal Mail as been run on huge amounts of overtime and most people have been grateful for it I know I have been in the past
-
t3mcIUQWE2
- Posts: 137
- Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
Cutting off whole walks already. 
Love Christmas. An extra 1.5 hours indoors prepping means 1.5 less outdoors delivering. Easiest time of the year.
Love Christmas. An extra 1.5 hours indoors prepping means 1.5 less outdoors delivering. Easiest time of the year.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Are you cutting off this Christmas?
t3mcIUQWE2 wrote:Cutting off whole walks already.
Love Christmas. An extra 1.5 hours indoors prepping means 1.5 less outdoors delivering. Easiest time of the year.
It is for some people in my office. They're the ones that put down for an Early Start and come in to do the IPS & Packets. Most of them have got piss easy Duties so they get paid for standing on the IPS, drinking tea & gassing with their mates (and prepping their own duty on the sly).
The DOM asked me if I'd be committing to complete my Duty, I replied "Not if it's Heavy... I'll be finishing on time" When he said others were willing to do overtime I just pointed out that they were only interested in "Easy Overtime" and weren't willing to spend any longer out in the cold & wet either!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)