ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO 7.83
-
koolishy67
- Posts: 665
- Joined: 04 Nov 2010, 21:02
- Gender: Male
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO 7.83
From April I tinnk by 2020-21 they are going match us.
-
RobertT
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 6694
- Joined: 09 Sep 2007, 14:26
- Gender: Male
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO £7.83
Based on a basic of £412.30 and no further increases to our pay, which is not currently on the table, the minimum wage would be roughly equal to posties pay in hourly terms by 2025, if it rose by 4.4% per year.
But we obviously get supplements and will probably get a few increases in that time, however small. So in practice it’s likely to take much longer to be on a level terms.
But we obviously get supplements and will probably get a few increases in that time, however small. So in practice it’s likely to take much longer to be on a level terms.
Links to all RM pension related websites are here
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO 7.83
It's still a worrying thought,as cost of living is going up at between 2-3% a year. If minimum wage catches up,then that would be a signal for me to get a much easier less demanding job.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO 7.83
Meanwhile hard working public sector workers get shafted again!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO 7.83
Thought it was on track to go up to £9+ has that all been scrapped?
From 2015 by Gideon...
From 2015 by Gideon...
https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/201 ... lfare-cuts" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;In a move that went further than Labour was planning at the general election, the chancellor said employers would be forced to pay staff a minimum of £7.20 an hour from next April and raise wages by 6% a year on average to around £9 an hour by the end of the parliament.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO 7.83
On the wireless the other day Jezza was saying they'd (Labour) be pushing for a "Living" Wage of £10 per hour. I thought "Bugger me that's what we're on now"!
I was relieved to hear I was actually earning a "Living" Wage..... as I thought I was struggling, but obviously not!
I was relieved to hear I was actually earning a "Living" Wage..... as I thought I was struggling, but obviously not!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Theghost
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 417
- Joined: 17 Mar 2009, 16:44
- Gender: Male
Minimum wage rise 4.4% TO 7.83
A 40 hour week on min wage is £313.20p top line at the moment, It will be £9 per hour in 3 years time so £360 top line.
Let's say Royal mail pay £10.50 an hour and the 35 hour working week is granted that's £367.50 top line.
No doubt things will be a bit different but that example won't be too far off the mark.
I'm lucky I'm out of it and so bloody glad, Postmen deserve £15 per hour minimum,The goodwill of people in there keep it going alone.
Thinking of you all at this back breaking time,I hated the job but I was close to hanging myself this time of year.
Let's say Royal mail pay £10.50 an hour and the 35 hour working week is granted that's £367.50 top line.
No doubt things will be a bit different but that example won't be too far off the mark.
I'm lucky I'm out of it and so bloody glad, Postmen deserve £15 per hour minimum,The goodwill of people in there keep it going alone.
Thinking of you all at this back breaking time,I hated the job but I was close to hanging myself this time of year.