a brief history....been in this office many years and yeah some of the days over xmas parcels/mail swells and fails till the next day but I don't remember any longer periods than that till now.
our d.o.m has moved to another office earlier this years and give him credit he always handled xmas great.....plenty of staff...parcel duties..early overtime to help...bla bla...
this time we have somebody else in charge who seem to wanna go places and you feel they'll tread over anybody to get there...seem to wanna do xmas on a shoe string budget.
no early overtime....we have 6 spaces for sorters on the primary,,,,they tell us computer says only need 2 or 3 on a particular morn.....bla bla
so now we get out hours later already....sooo has an impact on delivery...
I know we shouldn't worry but I think most decent post staff get frustrated with what goes on around them...I do.
In my "career" ive only ever cut off a few times.......now since October im cutting off 3-4 times a week....again today dozens and dozens of parcels.
were only an office of about 45-50 staff.....they've cut numbers so now we struggle...full timers never replaced...who sorts mail in a morn?
got back before to 5 yorks of parcels waiting for anybody who wanted overtime...and a couple of managers brought in to help.
Again I know we shouldn't get stressed or worry but.....
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
FAILING already
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
FAILING already
Keep doing what you are doing. Work till your time dont rush and do the job properly. If this so called manager is not putting hours in to get rid of these parcels they will be strung up sooner or later with the failure figures. They will expect you to rush around and do it for nothing stay strong and unite as a small office
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
FAILING already
This time of the year I think we all feel the pressure building. This morning I caught myself getting stressed and just had to give myself a talking to.
I felt like I did years ago when I was a Reserve thrown in at the Deep End!
I believe we all have to resist the urge to get pressured by Management, they're very good at trying to make us feel that it's our problem. Although most Posties don't like to let their regular customers down it's impossible on most walks nowadays to handle Christmas pressure without some help.
I believe we all have to resist the urge to get pressured by Management, they're very good at trying to make us feel that it's our problem. Although most Posties don't like to let their regular customers down it's impossible on most walks nowadays to handle Christmas pressure without some help.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
FAILING already
absolutely, this is a management / royal mails problem. We`re just there to work as directed during our working hours, any overtime is up to YOU
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
FAILING already
I always find it amusing at this time of year when the same bunch of individuals go "Overtime Crazy"!Postie45 wrote:absolutely, this is a management / royal mails problem. We`re just there to work as directed during our working hours, any overtime is up to YOU
Whenever they start strutting around blowing their own trumpets I normally say, "So you decided to put in a few weeks proper work this year then"? I find that sets the tone for the day.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
FAILING already
Let the managers worry about it. It is their superiors that they will have to answer to. I know this sounds controversial but I do have some sympathy for our line managers, they're between a rock and a hard place.
As a postie, I don't have to worry if a parcel fails or if I can't finish before my break and collection. I do my best and that is all I can do. The responsibility of clearing mail from the office ultimately rests on the manager's shoulders. I tell myself this everyday. I have wasted too much energy stressing out in the recent past.
As a postie, I don't have to worry if a parcel fails or if I can't finish before my break and collection. I do my best and that is all I can do. The responsibility of clearing mail from the office ultimately rests on the manager's shoulders. I tell myself this everyday. I have wasted too much energy stressing out in the recent past.