Hello
Just after people’s opinions really.....
As the title states, I’m debating weather to see if I can get a transfer or not.
: There’s a RM office near to where I live so it would save on my commuting time
: Would Save on petrol
: I’m worried that if I did move to a different office that the guys in there wouldn’t be as nice-ish as the ones in my current office
: I’m worried that I’ll have to do loads of flats
: I’ve only been with RM for nearly 6 months so a reserve
You know the saying - Sonetimes the grass ain’t always greener
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Debating whether to get a transfer
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Debating whether to get a transfer
Contact the office and work your day off there to have a look
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
Debating whether to get a transfer
I'm in the same boat, my local office (where I originally applied) is within walking distance. But I really enjoy the office I'm at now and its really not too far away. So I'm on the fence rather than in the boat
I guess it's the old pros vs cons thing, you need to weigh them up and prioritise -good luck with your decision
I guess it's the old pros vs cons thing, you need to weigh them up and prioritise -good luck with your decision
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
Debating whether to get a transfer
As per other post I'd say call in on the pretence of asking about working your day off, you never know the DOM might be helpful also you could perhaps enquire about maybe a transfer, if the Phg type persons there you could try quizzing him/her just try asking what's it like here, have you got any vacancies ? etc, oh yeah obviously a biggy would be if you're a two car house and you could walk to the local office then getting shut of one car would save you lots of money.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Debating whether to get a transfer
Sorry to revive an old thread. I am in the same situation now. I'm sort of in the middle of a transfer. My first impressions of this new office which is closer to home were okay, and I thought it would be the logical thing to go there. But I am settled where I am now and worried that I may regret moving, especially as I have heard that another postie transferred there and hated it so went back to his old office. I have heard some bad things about this new office and the manager, but may be too late to reverse the process and change my mind.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Debating whether to get a transfer
As far as I know you can change your mind but you'd have to give them some reasonable notice.
Have you thought about popping down there on your day off to get a lie of the land or even a days docket for the same reason?
Have you thought about popping down there on your day off to get a lie of the land or even a days docket for the same reason?
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Debating whether to get a transfer
Hi,TrueBlueTerrier wrote:As far as I know you can change your mind but you'd have to give them some reasonable notice.
Have you thought about popping down there on your day off to get a lie of the land or even a days docket for the same reason?
Thanks for your reply and advice. I have worked at this new office on overtime on three occasions. The first two times I thought it was alright, but the last time I went in a bit earlier and met more posties. Talking to them has got me a little worried. I met an ex-postie whilst delivering who worked in that office, he said that he left because of the manager. Also I was told that a transferee left after two weeks there and went back to his old office because he hated it.
-
mentaltheshots
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 04 Apr 2010, 10:25
- Gender: Male
Debating whether to get a transfer
I have recently moved. The area I moved to is in a different post code area from (RG to GU). I have 29 years in the job, do I transfer to a area I have no knowledge or do I stay where I now, I stayed, and just swallow the extra millage/fuel. 
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Debating whether to get a transfer
My experience is if you are happy with your current office I would stay put unless absolutely necessary.
I have been to a few local offices and you couldn’t pay me triple to work in them.
All I am saying is be careful before you make your decision as you may end up finding yourself in the middle of a s**t show!
I have been to a few local offices and you couldn’t pay me triple to work in them.
All I am saying is be careful before you make your decision as you may end up finding yourself in the middle of a s**t show!