ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Can I still apply for vacancy.
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
Hi all, I recently took a temporary float job on 28 hours (temporary because it's a full time vacancy really) but another part time vacancy has come up now which would suit my health condition better as its hardly any driving and being type 1 diabetic would give me more time to look after myself. I have had atos involved 2 years ago and they advised I was taken off driving and ideally given a set duty to make controlling my diabetes more managable. Basically am I allowed to apply for this new duty as the one I've took within the last 2 months is temporary and from an atos point of view royal mail should be helping me out also. Plus I think all people applying for said job are below me in seniority, any suggestions guys.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
As you are on at present a temporary float job which in relation to the other part time vacancy which would be more suited to you being able to control your type 1 diabetes better and as this has been previously documented then there is no reason why you would be unable to apply for this fixed duty. According to your posting you other applicants are less senior to you without having to apply the EA2010 criteria for your diabetes. The only drawback would be if in your unit a colleague who is covered by the EA2010 and the content of this duty meets the reasonable adjustments that this other colleague requires applies for this vacancy.Manboat wrote:Hi all, I recently took a temporary float job on 28 hours (temporary because it's a full time vacancy really) but another part time vacancy has come up now which would suit my health condition better as its hardly any driving and being type 1 diabetic would give me more time to look after myself. I have had atos involved 2 years ago and they advised I was taken off driving and ideally given a set duty to make controlling my diabetes more managable. Basically am I allowed to apply for this new duty as the one I've took within the last 2 months is temporary and from an atos point of view royal mail should be helping me out also. Plus I think all people applying for said job are below me in seniority, any suggestions guys.
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
Thanks rehabron, I actually asked manager if the vacant duty was getting advertised and I'd not accept temporary duty but he said no so was quite gutted when it came up 6 weeks later.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
As this fixed duty is not to be advertised make it known to your manager that this duty assists your medical condition better as opposed to the float duty. It would be great if you still had your copy of the ATOS ( OH Assist) report from previous referral but you will mention this to your manager to support you for acquiring the fixed duty.Manboat wrote:Thanks rehabron, I actually asked manager if the vacant duty was getting advertised and I'd not accept temporary duty but he said no so was quite gutted when it came up 6 weeks later.
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
It has just been advertised this week rehabron and that was my beef as I offered to turn down the temporary job to wait for this one and hopefully get it on seniority never mind due to my condition but he said it wasn't gonna be getting advertised. I've fought for years to get help but no manager has ever helped me really as they must think type 1 diabetes isn't a genuine problem.
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
I have my atos report and took it to him a few weeks ago before the job was even advertised to educate him and left it with him and i doubt he even looked at it as he obviously hasn't considered it would be perfect for me.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
Get your application in now for that fixed duty now that it has been advertised and you wish an acknowledgement that your application has been received.Manboat wrote:It has just been advertised this week rehabron and that was my beef as I offered to turn down the temporary job to wait for this one and hopefully get it on seniority never mind due to my condition but he said it wasn't gonna be getting advertised. I've fought for years to get help but no manager has ever helped me really as they must think type 1 diabetes isn't a genuine problem.
I am assuming that this fixed duty is within your contracted hours if the hours differ from the floating duty which you have stated was full time.
You may have to introduce the EA 2010 to support your application and best to keep your local/ area union rep in the picture.
-
Manboat
- Posts: 172
- Joined: 26 Jan 2015, 22:16
- Gender: Male
Can I still apply for vacancy.
The union rep is gonna speak to the manager to see if they can help me out, the current temporary float duty is 28 hours and the permanent duty is 27.5 hours. Will see what they say Monday rehabron. Gonna put in for it either way, thanks for advice.