ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

d2d times

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
martinapsid
Posts: 109
Joined: 08 Mar 2010, 09:04
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by martinapsid »

can some one point in the direaction of the agreement on d2d
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

d2d times

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

https://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communi ... 36&t=11243" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

But a lot of it has been superseded by subsequent agreements. Is there a specific issue that interests you.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
hans solo
Posts: 3288
Joined: 06 Feb 2011, 18:08
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by hans solo »

i would say they were looking at prep rates for so many items
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

d2d times

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

hans solo wrote:i would say they were looking at prep rates for so many items
http://www.cwumerseyamal.org.uk/Introdu ... elines.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
ted_e_bear
Posts: 4110
Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by ted_e_bear »

This move into workload
will require delivery duties to be adjusted and allowances to
be made in order to provide sufficient time to ‘prep’ the
items and deliver them.
Ahh I remember that well, the manager said you've got loads of time as the mail is down !!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by CPTNemoUK »

ted_e_bear wrote:
This move into workload
will require delivery duties to be adjusted and allowances to
be made in order to provide sufficient time to ‘prep’ the
items and deliver them.
Ahh I remember that well, the manager said you've got loads of time as the mail is down !!
yeah mails down. Nobody told Matalan that :arrrghhh
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by awesomepenguin »

Yet another "Agreement" that gets completely ignored in my delivery office. "If you have time to sit prepping them d2d's then you can get on the sorting" says the manager!! :arrrghhh
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by POSTMAN »

Couple threads/agreements in our VERY IMPORTANT:2010 THREADS AND DOWNLOADS stickie.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by Dexydog »

Just had a read of agreements on d2d prep as it causes loads of problems in my office.
Did I read this correctly- agreed indoor prep time for, for example, 6 items is 14 minutes for 83 delivery points??
If that's correct, I'm sorry but that is totally impossible.
We do a fifth per day and on Friday it took me 45 minutes to do 120, plus 45 minutes on part-timer frame.
So that totals 90 minutes just doing d2d prep!!
Where do these agreements come from because that just stuffs any argument I have with DOM to explain why I'm late out.
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by eastie »

Dexydog wrote:Just had a read of agreements on d2d prep as it causes loads of problems in my office.
Did I read this correctly- agreed indoor prep time for, for example, 6 items is 14 minutes for 83 delivery points??
If that's correct, I'm sorry but that is totally impossible.
We do a fifth per day and on Friday it took me 45 minutes to do 120, plus 45 minutes on part-timer frame.
So that totals 90 minutes just doing d2d prep!!
Where do these agreements come from because that just stuffs any argument I have with DOM to explain why I'm late out.
it just means you cut off more
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

d2d times

Post by Brandy »

What I would like to know is all this extra the posties have to do d2d,lapsing etc.What extra work do managers have to do exactly? None I expect apart from rubbing their hands together thinking of all the extra bonus they will be getting for bullying their workforce into doing their unachievable targets. :no no
Dexydog
Posts: 887
Joined: 14 Jan 2017, 13:54
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by Dexydog »

The point here is why on earth are the union agreeing unachievable prep targets that a manager can just use against you?
Utterly ridiculous.
t3mcIUQWE2
Posts: 137
Joined: 24 Oct 2015, 17:04
Gender: Male

d2d times

Post by t3mcIUQWE2 »

Brandy wrote:What I would like to know is all this extra the posties have to do d2d,lapsing etc.What extra work do managers have to do exactly? None I expect apart from rubbing their hands together thinking of all the extra bonus they will be getting for bullying their workforce into doing their unachievable targets. :no no
Go out delivering 'til 8 at night. :left: