ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Angard worker used for delivery
-
Jenniandianfoz
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 04 Nov 2016, 23:43
- Gender: Female
Angard worker used for delivery
I have a question if anyone can help, newly employed threw angard but have been put in deliverys have had 2 days training then put out on 2 walks with another inexperienced royalmail worker was out delivering until 6pm as didn’t have a clue on some things (and delivering in the dark is abit of a pain), then to be told i have got to come in at 6am until finish 6 days a week because I am angard and they can use me when it suits them? Surely they can not do that ? Considering what I am getting paid to a contracted postperson they are using me as cheap labour? Can anyone give advise please?
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
Angard worker used for delivery
Moved to blue shirts forum.
I guess it can only get worse.
I guess it can only get worse.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Angard worker used for delivery
Royal Mail can ask your employers to provide a Casual at whatever hours they want I am afriad. But Royal Mail can't tell you when they need you, you aren't employed by them
Contact Angard and get their advice, they may not even know. Also if you don't want to attend 6 days a week, then that is something you need to raise with Angard rather than Royal Mail.
Ps The average RM Managers won't even understand the difference which is why they have come to you not Angard, which id what they should have done.
Contact Angard and get their advice, they may not even know. Also if you don't want to attend 6 days a week, then that is something you need to raise with Angard rather than Royal Mail.
Ps The average RM Managers won't even understand the difference which is why they have come to you not Angard, which id what they should have done.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Decky Boy
- Posts: 440
- Joined: 22 May 2009, 10:00
- Gender: Male
Angard worker used for delivery
Welcome to capitalist Britain in the 21st century... and the gig economy
One "makes one's bed... and lies in it" I'm afraid ! ! !
If you are unhappy Leave .... or rather stick-in... show some commitment ... and a part-time position may be offered to you ! Life is tough if you are a wage-labourer in the world today... We are all "used" to some extent.
One "makes one's bed... and lies in it" I'm afraid ! ! !
If you are unhappy Leave .... or rather stick-in... show some commitment ... and a part-time position may be offered to you ! Life is tough if you are a wage-labourer in the world today... We are all "used" to some extent.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Angard worker used for delivery
2 days training? thats a day and a half more than I got
With Angard you are zero hours so yeah it's how and when it suits them...if you aren't willing to start at 6 until finish someone else will be, once you've been working regularly for 12 weeks you'll go up to £10/11 an hour (Chances of that happening are slim to none in delivery) but Royal mail will be paying Angard around £14 an hour for your services (possibly more) so not exactly cheap labour...if I was you i'd take every hour they're offering as come January you'll probably be needing a new job.
It's not fair but that's Britain under tory rule for ya
I would say it might be an idea to find out who the union rep is and asking if there is a vacancy there...if there is it might be worth knocking your bollocks out to impress the dom and try and get a proper contract for the new year.
With Angard you are zero hours so yeah it's how and when it suits them...if you aren't willing to start at 6 until finish someone else will be, once you've been working regularly for 12 weeks you'll go up to £10/11 an hour (Chances of that happening are slim to none in delivery) but Royal mail will be paying Angard around £14 an hour for your services (possibly more) so not exactly cheap labour...if I was you i'd take every hour they're offering as come January you'll probably be needing a new job.
It's not fair but that's Britain under tory rule for ya
I would say it might be an idea to find out who the union rep is and asking if there is a vacancy there...if there is it might be worth knocking your bollocks out to impress the dom and try and get a proper contract for the new year.
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Angard worker used for delivery
The only way you will get a RM job be it part time will be via the official channels online testing etc having worked for Angard would be good thing to put in your CV & application.
-
rehabron
- Posts: 1372
- Joined: 01 Jul 2012, 18:43
- Gender: Male
Angard worker used for delivery
https://www.gov.uk/agency-workers-your- ... cy-workers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;Jenniandianfoz wrote:I have a question if anyone can help, newly employed threw angard but have been put in deliverys have had 2 days training then put out on 2 walks with another inexperienced royalmail worker was out delivering until 6pm as didn’t have a clue on some things (and delivering in the dark is abit of a pain), then to be told i have got to come in at 6am until finish 6 days a week because I am angard and they can use me when it suits them? Surely they can not do that ? Considering what I am getting paid to a contracted postperson they are using me as cheap labour? Can anyone give advise please?