ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Do you take your meal relief ???
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Do you take your meal relief ???
Just curious as to whether you take your meal relief everyday or not.
If you do.....Why ?
If you don’t....Why ?
Since I started 5 months or so ago, I think I have only taken my meal relief a handful of times. I claim the time instead.
If I was to take my meal relief then I probably wouldn’t be able to complete so I just carry on working so u can get it all done.
P.S I’m only part time & Work 9-2
If you do.....Why ?
If you don’t....Why ?
Since I started 5 months or so ago, I think I have only taken my meal relief a handful of times. I claim the time instead.
If I was to take my meal relief then I probably wouldn’t be able to complete so I just carry on working so u can get it all done.
P.S I’m only part time & Work 9-2
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 03 Nov 2017, 18:25, edited 2 times in total.
-
redheadedwoman
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 132
- Joined: 17 Aug 2011, 14:58
- Gender: Female
Do you take your meal relief ???
Yes every day I work without fail
Why? Because I am hungry by 09.00 and I deserve a rest for 40 minutes so I can recharge and get stuck into the next part of the job.
I can never understand people who do not take a meal relief, fools the lot of you.
Why? Because I am hungry by 09.00 and I deserve a rest for 40 minutes so I can recharge and get stuck into the next part of the job.
I can never understand people who do not take a meal relief, fools the lot of you.
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
Do you take your meal relief ???
I do, but there are loads who do not. Got to get done at all costs and get up the pub. 
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
Do you take your meal relief ???
Yes, always.
Because to function properly you need to rest/eat.
The thought of working non stop for 7+ hours without a meal relief just horrifies me.
Royal Mail would love nothing better than to make our breaks unpaid. Use Them!
Because to function properly you need to rest/eat.
The thought of working non stop for 7+ hours without a meal relief just horrifies me.
Royal Mail would love nothing better than to make our breaks unpaid. Use Them!
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Do you take your meal relief ???
Yes, I would find impossible to do the job without taking a break and eating.
Having said that it would be nice to actually have my break somewhere in the middle of my shift instead of being forced to take a 20 minute break less than an hour into a 7 -8 hour shift! Why the union have agreed to this nonsense is beyond me. Then allowing staff to take the other 20 minutes at the end of the shift.....
A break is meant to be just that....a break, it's not a mechanism to enable people to finish work early.
It does actually say on the government website:
"Employers can say when employees take rest breaks during work time as long as: the break is taken in one go somewhere in the middle of the day (not at the beginning or end)"

Having said that it would be nice to actually have my break somewhere in the middle of my shift instead of being forced to take a 20 minute break less than an hour into a 7 -8 hour shift! Why the union have agreed to this nonsense is beyond me. Then allowing staff to take the other 20 minutes at the end of the shift.....
A break is meant to be just that....a break, it's not a mechanism to enable people to finish work early.
It does actually say on the government website:
"Employers can say when employees take rest breaks during work time as long as: the break is taken in one go somewhere in the middle of the day (not at the beginning or end)"
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Do you take your meal relief ???
Well cut off then or book overtime ,its because of this the job is f****dMissKazzyB wrote:Just curious as to whether you take your meal relief everyday or not.
If you do.....Why ?
If you don’t....Why ?
Since I started 5 months or so ago, I think I have only taken my meal relief a handful of times. I claim the time instead.
If I was to take my meal relief then I probably wouldn’t be able to complete so I just carry on working so u can get it all done.
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Do you take your meal relief ???
When I first started I never took my breaks
BUt thats par for the course, peer and managerial pressure kind of make you feel as though you are stealing sweets from their children.
I also used to think I wouldn't finish on time. However, since I started taking my break about half way round I find that I actually tend to do the 2nd half quicker than the first as I have refuelled and am charged up ready to go. On average I think I finish about 10 minutes later than I would without taking 20 minutes in the middle and 20 minutes just before we leave.
I also used to think I wouldn't finish on time. However, since I started taking my break about half way round I find that I actually tend to do the 2nd half quicker than the first as I have refuelled and am charged up ready to go. On average I think I finish about 10 minutes later than I would without taking 20 minutes in the middle and 20 minutes just before we leave.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Do you take your meal relief ???
How many times - No personal abuse. It is never acceptable
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Do you take your meal relief ???
I take 20 mins part way round my delivery as its nice to take time out and catch your breath and add 20 mins on the end but if it was to change I would probably have 2 lots of 20 mins out on delivery 
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Do you take your meal relief ???
TrueBlueTerrier wrote:How many times - No personal abuse. It is never acceptable
Especially when we have a chance of changing someone's mind, it really helps when you descend into childish name calling.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
yubin282
- Posts: 993
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 19:18
- Gender: Male
Do you take your meal relief ???
i take 20 mins before i go out when I'm working park and loop
if I'm on a HCT duty (by myself) i do about 45 - 60 mins delivering then back to the office for my 40 mins break then back out for rest of delivery
if I'm on a HCT duty (by myself) i do about 45 - 60 mins delivering then back to the office for my 40 mins break then back out for rest of delivery
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Do you take your meal relief ???
Yup, I take 20 mins while I'm out, in the same spot every day
Enough time to have my butties and flask of coffee. The other 20 mins gets taken off the end.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Do you take your meal relief ???
There's a great feeling sitting in a nice caff having a full English breakfast and being paid to do that.
Its the first job I've ever had that comes with a paid break so I make sure I take it.
I used to have to sit in a godawful industrial estate greasy spoon for a whole hour unpaid when doing factory work. That sucked.
Its the first job I've ever had that comes with a paid break so I make sure I take it.
I used to have to sit in a godawful industrial estate greasy spoon for a whole hour unpaid when doing factory work. That sucked.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Do you take your meal relief ???
20 min before i go out on delivery and another 20 min halfway through my delivery. Working through a full shift without a break is bad for the mind and body.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Do you take your meal relief ???
AlwaysMissKazzyB wrote:Just curious as to whether you take your meal relief everyday or not.
If you do.....Why ?
If you don’t....Why ?
Since I started 5 months or so ago, I think I have only taken my meal relief a handful of times. I claim the time instead.
If I was to take my meal relief then I probably wouldn’t be able to complete so I just carry on working so u can get it all done.
It's the law