ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is your office getting heavy already !!
-
MissKazzyB
- Posts: 80
- Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
- Gender: Female
Is your office getting heavy already !!
Hi
I’m just curious if all offices are roughly the same.
The workload has been really heavy this week & afew Of us needed bag drops as too much to load in barrel.
I picked up my bag drop & done as much as I could. There were 5 sacks in total including 1 which was packets. I managed to do 2 of them but had to bring the rest back as i had to cut off as have to do the School run.
When I got back to the office, my acting Dom questioned me of what time I arrived this morning - how long it took me to tie up & get out - how long it’s taken me to do my walk but yet still brought some back - how long I’ve been in the job....
It was the first time I’d done this walk this week as I’m a reserve btw
Yet last week, he was totally different when I was able to go over & do some overtime to help cover walls as soo short staffed.
I explained that it took longer to tie up as not only did I tie up, I then had to put some in sacks, tie it up & label it.
I explained that I didn’t complete it all as it was obviously a lot more hence the reason for the bag drop.
I was 5 minuets late so said I got in at 9.05 , he then pointed out I was 5 minuets late. I Said I’d been there 5.5 months so he asked if I’d had my review so I said no, y ! Am I in trouble. He then said no, we just need to see how your getting on..... Was this an indirect way of saying I better not bring it back again or my 6 months review might not be good or is it me over analysing the situation??
I did say to him before I left the office that I might have to cut off & he asked why.......Isn’t it obvious!!!!!
So.....IS YOUR OFFICE BUSY & DO YOU EVER BRING BACK WORK ?
Thanks
I’m just curious if all offices are roughly the same.
The workload has been really heavy this week & afew Of us needed bag drops as too much to load in barrel.
I picked up my bag drop & done as much as I could. There were 5 sacks in total including 1 which was packets. I managed to do 2 of them but had to bring the rest back as i had to cut off as have to do the School run.
When I got back to the office, my acting Dom questioned me of what time I arrived this morning - how long it took me to tie up & get out - how long it’s taken me to do my walk but yet still brought some back - how long I’ve been in the job....
It was the first time I’d done this walk this week as I’m a reserve btw
Yet last week, he was totally different when I was able to go over & do some overtime to help cover walls as soo short staffed.
I explained that it took longer to tie up as not only did I tie up, I then had to put some in sacks, tie it up & label it.
I explained that I didn’t complete it all as it was obviously a lot more hence the reason for the bag drop.
I was 5 minuets late so said I got in at 9.05 , he then pointed out I was 5 minuets late. I Said I’d been there 5.5 months so he asked if I’d had my review so I said no, y ! Am I in trouble. He then said no, we just need to see how your getting on..... Was this an indirect way of saying I better not bring it back again or my 6 months review might not be good or is it me over analysing the situation??
I did say to him before I left the office that I might have to cut off & he asked why.......Isn’t it obvious!!!!!
So.....IS YOUR OFFICE BUSY & DO YOU EVER BRING BACK WORK ?
Thanks
Last edited by MissKazzyB on 02 Nov 2017, 21:21, edited 1 time in total.
-
glenfiddich
- Posts: 1012
- Joined: 03 Oct 2007, 13:15
Is your office getting heavy already !!
Yes our office is busy brought a dozen parcels back and left a loop behind as I explained to manager before I left office that I needed to be finished on time today 
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Is your office getting heavy already !!
Busy on packets. Actual mail has been steady. But we are so horribly understaffed and many of the jobs so large that it feels very busy indeed.
-
woody38
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 19 Apr 2016, 08:38
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
All offices are the same, Prost down but parcels up, also short staffed. it seems nobody wants to be a postman/women anymore, I wonder why!.DGH wrote:Busy on packets. Actual mail has been steady. But we are so horribly understaffed and many of the jobs so large that it feels very busy indeed.
-
WOBBLY
- Posts: 362
- Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
We've not really had a quiet period tbh! At least one day a week, usually more and for quite some time I've been having to cut off!! Christmas pressure could prove to be interesting!!
They still push their luck with lapsing too!!
They still push their luck with lapsing too!!
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
We've not had a quiet period either but it's definitely getting heavier. Gonna be a long old Christmas!!!
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
Doesn't help that we're having to scan all these barcodes now which takes up more time than you'd expect, escpecially as they now want us to type in the ones that don't scan.
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
what do you mean ? "it doesnt take any extra time" :arrrghhhJpro747 wrote:Doesn't help that we're having to scan all these barcodes now which takes up more time than you'd expect, escpecially as they now want us to type in the ones that don't scan.
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
LOL - He's just trying to put the frighteners on you - never had a 6 month review myself nor none of the 'newbies' that I know started after me.MissKazzyB wrote:Hi
I Said I’d been there 5.5 months so he asked if I’d had my review so I said no, y ! Am I in trouble. He then said no, we just need to see how your getting on..... Was this an indirect way of saying I better not bring it back again or my 6 months review might not be good or is it me over analysing the situation??
Is he going to say you're not up to scratch just before Christmas, get rid of you and have to go through the rigmarole of trying to hire someone new - don't think
so. Just ignore his pressurising tactics and if you believe you'll have to use the over running procedure just do it (good call for already doing so).
Tuesday was more 'dead' than normal, but Wed, Thu, Fri have been the busiest since the summer.So.....IS YOUR OFFICE BUSY & DO YOU EVER BRING BACK WORK ?
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
An hour over even on a "quiet Tuesday". One hour 45 over today! Every walk supposed to be the same and equal? 
-
Burghboy
- Posts: 224
- Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
cut that many hours out of the indoor plan as they could over the summer we now can't get the IPS up on time ever, even with guys starting early we are overrunning 30 mins daily even with them cutting off mail.
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
Is your office getting heavy already !!
Many of the deliveries in my office have been extending beyond scheduled finish time virtually everyday all year. Most shared van duties were getting 30-40 large parcels even in July/August which used to be a quiet time a few years ago.
It's the usual story. Seriously understaffed, ridiculously "planned deliveries", late arrivals from the mail centre, medium sized town well away from decent shopping facilities so everyone's into internet shopping, we have never lost Amazon here (and for those that have done, the numbers of items we deliver for them are quite staggering these days).
I can remember the time when people scheduled for Christmas Pressure OT were sent home because there wasn't enough work to do in the first week of December. It's busier in the Summer now than it was back then.
It's the usual story. Seriously understaffed, ridiculously "planned deliveries", late arrivals from the mail centre, medium sized town well away from decent shopping facilities so everyone's into internet shopping, we have never lost Amazon here (and for those that have done, the numbers of items we deliver for them are quite staggering these days).
I can remember the time when people scheduled for Christmas Pressure OT were sent home because there wasn't enough work to do in the first week of December. It's busier in the Summer now than it was back then.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12193
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
A few xmas casuals already started!
-
Seymour Buts
- Posts: 1148
- Joined: 22 Jun 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
The lastest I worked this week was Monday, finished at 1:15. Done by roughly 12:30 every day apart. Quite shocked by how light it was. The duty I was on must be an absolute doddle however as everybody else was moaning. I find it hard to judge volumes and stuff as I regularly do 4, 5 or 6 different duties over 6 days but I happened to be on the same one all week. The difference in workload between certain duties is ridiculous.
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Is your office getting heavy already !!
Read my post again. I said it takes up MORE time.Postie45 wrote:what do you mean ? "it doesnt take any extra time"Jpro747 wrote:Doesn't help that we're having to scan all these barcodes now which takes up more time than you'd expect, escpecially as they now want us to type in the ones that don't scan.