I cant use RM shoes and use Sketchers which have got rid of my foot discomfort from heel pain . Have got a doctors note and get £30 back from RM.
Now I am after waterproof Sketchers for the winter . Does anyone wear these for work or know where to get any as don't want to go back to the old cripplers
Many thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Sketchers
-
ted_e_bear
- Posts: 4110
- Joined: 03 Sep 2012, 19:37
- Gender: Male
-
nickbsmooth
- Posts: 279
- Joined: 25 Jan 2013, 14:19
- Gender: Male
- Location: South East
Sketchers
I bought sketchers on recommendation for work, the grip is great and seem to resist water well enough, but as for comfort, they are awful.
I'll have to put up with them till at least December as I can't justify buying another pair yet.
I'll go back to Nike next time.
I'll have to put up with them till at least December as I can't justify buying another pair yet.
I'll go back to Nike next time.
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Sketchers
Sketchers are not allowed under the £30 allowance, it has to a be a walking shoe or boot, RM health and safety have a booklet on which shoes or boot you can wear outside of Royal Mail ask your DOM for a copy. if you have a accident you goosed!
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Sketchers
If you have a note from your Gp you can wear whatever you want..
In my office there are several people with feet issues and they are allowed to wear sketchers and other non protective and got their £30 off RM.
That Gp note must also covering them in case of accidents.
In my office there are several people with feet issues and they are allowed to wear sketchers and other non protective and got their £30 off RM.
That Gp note must also covering them in case of accidents.
-
eastie
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 2234
- Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
- Gender: Male
Sketchers
been using Sketchers for the last 2 times both with the £30 money off. they only last about 6 months but work for me and ultra light as wellKings Norton wrote:Sketchers are not allowed under the £30 allowance, it has to a be a walking shoe or boot, RM health and safety have a booklet on which shoes or boot you can wear outside of Royal Mail ask your DOM for a copy. if you have a accident you goosed!
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
Sketchers
Your DOM must not be assed then but word of warning if a accident occurs you are not covered,.eastie wrote:been using Sketchers for the last 2 times both with the £30 money off. they only last about 6 months but work for me and ultra light as wellKings Norton wrote:Sketchers are not allowed under the £30 allowance, it has to a be a walking shoe or boot, RM health and safety have a booklet on which shoes or boot you can wear outside of Royal Mail ask your DOM for a copy. if you have a accident you goosed!
-
2pints
- Posts: 286
- Joined: 28 Feb 2013, 16:46
- Gender: Male
Sketchers
Only if they can prove the accident was caused by poor footwear.Example,if you trip over a hazard etc is matters not if you are wearing slippers the hazard is still a hazard.Kings Norton wrote:Your DOM must not be assed then but word of warning if a accident occurs you are not covered,.eastie wrote:been using Sketchers for the last 2 times both with the £30 money off. they only last about 6 months but work for me and ultra light as wellKings Norton wrote:Sketchers are not allowed under the £30 allowance, it has to a be a walking shoe or boot, RM health and safety have a booklet on which shoes or boot you can wear outside of Royal Mail ask your DOM for a copy. if you have a accident you goosed!
-
NWpostie
- Posts: 3620
- Joined: 04 Aug 2007, 17:32
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sector 001 Borg Collective, 6 o f 9
Sketchers
You could try getting sketchers insoles, go to any sketchers shops and pick an insole or find similar on the internet.
I use skechers outside of work, I like gowalk and gorun, fantastic rebound.
I use insoles in official work shoes.
I use skechers outside of work, I like gowalk and gorun, fantastic rebound.
I use insoles in official work shoes.
Six of Nine loves Seven of Nine, together in Electric Dreams.
-
Shaders
- Posts: 218
- Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
- Gender: Male
- Location: Oop North
Sketchers
My Dom was happy for me to have Sketchers, he even looked at them and said they look fine.
Going back to the OP, Sketcher do make a more robust trainer type shoe, I bought mine for £46 from Sport Direct and claimed the £30 back. I’ve not been out In really heavy rain but in normal wet conditions my feet stayed nice and dry.
I see in the sketches shop they sell a very similar looking shoe with “waterproof” wrote on the side so probably even better, but they were £60 odd.
Going back to the OP, Sketcher do make a more robust trainer type shoe, I bought mine for £46 from Sport Direct and claimed the £30 back. I’ve not been out In really heavy rain but in normal wet conditions my feet stayed nice and dry.
I see in the sketches shop they sell a very similar looking shoe with “waterproof” wrote on the side so probably even better, but they were £60 odd.