Hi all
I have Monday Tuesday booked as holidays next week however, being a reserve it has worked out that Monday is my day off anyway. Am I entitled to ask for another day off or it paid as overtime or does this only apply when rest day falls on a bank holiday?
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Day off/holiday question
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
Day off/holiday question
I'd bank on the latter, but have you asked..?
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
Day off/holiday question
You can ask for another day off, I doubt your manager will pay OT for a day off wich fells on your holiday.
-
lala
- Posts: 189
- Joined: 19 Oct 2012, 19:57
- Gender: Male
Day off/holiday question
Surely if Monday is your day off you get a holiday day back? You can't be on a day off and annual leave at the same time.
-
Redcollar
- Posts: 29
- Joined: 08 Mar 2017, 16:40
- Gender: Male
Day off/holiday question
If your rest day falls on a bank holiday you are entitled to ask for another day off that week or it paid as overtime rather than getting a days holiday back. Just wondering if you can do the same with the annual leavelala wrote:Surely if Monday is your day off you get a holiday day back? You can't be on a day off and annual leave at the same time.
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Day off/holiday question
You need to make sure your work schedule in PSP is updated to reflect Monday as your day off and then you will only be using one day's annual leave
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
Day off/holiday question
As a PT If your contract is to work 4 or more days a week you are entitled to all bank holidays.
DOMs will try to tell you otherwise or lose them as days off. I always email the DOM and tell him what I want to keep a record.
DOMs will try to tell you otherwise or lose them as days off. I always email the DOM and tell him what I want to keep a record.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Day off/holiday question
ok so you’re off Monday and Tuesday as holiday Wednesday to Saturday on delivery.
You are entitled to have another day off Wednesday to Saturday OR book one of the days as your day off
You are entitled to have another day off Wednesday to Saturday OR book one of the days as your day off