Was proud to work for royal mail and serving the public but not for working for moyas and her cronies bring back Alan Leighton and his bright ideas of consignia
Still proud to do my job as I see fit. And still get nice comments from my customers when I am off work and shopping. But not proud of the spineless managers and the suited experts who now pretend to run the company...
Yes I am It's personal pride nothing to do with Dickhead Managers or Moya Greene. We the Posties are Royal Mail. I wear the uniform and I do the job to the best of my ability. Like most of us I've had a few "Rough Patches" when perhaps I've taken things a bit too personally, but If I hated the job that much I'd get another one.
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
There was a special time to be a postman. The back end of that was about twenty years ago. Nowadays, there's no respect and very little gratitude. It's still a position of trust, but that gets outweighed by all the crap that goes with the job.
paranoid-android wrote:If people ask me what I do for a living, I tell them I'm an estate agent or a traffic warden
Ha ha. Reminds me of the joke..... When Little Johnnie's asked what his Dad does for a living he always says, "He's a Male Prostitute... he provides sexual favours for money" .... in private he'll confide, "I'd rather tell them that than admit he plays for... (insert football team of your choice)"!
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)