ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
prep testing
-
djhl
- Posts: 52
- Joined: 13 Oct 2015, 22:36
- Gender: Male
prep testing
I am currently being prep tested and wondered what others experience of this has been?
I am probably a bit slow at sorting compared to others in the office and am generally back 15 to 45 mins back after many. In defence I come in on the dot of my contracted start time and only do D2Ds in the morning. On delivery I am reasonably quick and certainly far from the slowest in the office. Many in my office come in early (10 minutes to half an hour) and prep D2Ds in their own time.
I think this has come about as I, as the driver/sorter on the three rounds that I rotate about, have to go and tell the DOM that lapsing is not manageable in the time frame. As an aside we are asked to do lapsing every day in our office!
My initial 15 minute sequenced mail test produced a score of 364 as against the "expected" 450 (1 piece of mail every 2 seconds). Any tips or advice would be welcome
I am nearly 60 and having been in professional stressful occupations most of my life am finding the whole process degrading and anger-inducing
I am probably a bit slow at sorting compared to others in the office and am generally back 15 to 45 mins back after many. In defence I come in on the dot of my contracted start time and only do D2Ds in the morning. On delivery I am reasonably quick and certainly far from the slowest in the office. Many in my office come in early (10 minutes to half an hour) and prep D2Ds in their own time.
I think this has come about as I, as the driver/sorter on the three rounds that I rotate about, have to go and tell the DOM that lapsing is not manageable in the time frame. As an aside we are asked to do lapsing every day in our office!
My initial 15 minute sequenced mail test produced a score of 364 as against the "expected" 450 (1 piece of mail every 2 seconds). Any tips or advice would be welcome
I am nearly 60 and having been in professional stressful occupations most of my life am finding the whole process degrading and anger-inducing
-
mw7485
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
- Gender: Female
prep testing
..mmm, somebody a lot more conversant with the only prep test that you can be measured against will be along shortly - but one thing I do know, the allowable test is not 15 minutes long. It sounds like you are being measured against the assumed prep' rate that the IWT uses, which I do not think is allowed.....djhl wrote:I am currently being prep tested and wondered what others experience of this has been?
I am probably a bit slow at sorting compared to others in the office and am generally back 15 to 45 mins back after many. In defence I come in on the dot of my contracted start time and only do D2Ds in the morning. On delivery I am reasonably quick and certainly far from the slowest in the office. Many in my office come in early (10 minutes to half an hour) and prep D2Ds in their own time.
I think this has come about as I, as the driver/sorter on the three rounds that I rotate about, have to go and tell the DOM that lapsing is not manageable in the time frame. As an aside we are asked to do lapsing every day in our office!
My initial 15 minute sequenced mail test produced a score of 364 as against the "expected" 450 (1 piece of mail every 2 seconds). Any tips or advice would be welcome
I am nearly 60 and having been in professional stressful occupations most of my life am finding the whole process degrading and anger-inducing
-
Stammerking
- Posts: 208
- Joined: 09 Dec 2007, 20:58
prep testing
Obviously bring up with your Unit rep, you will be singled out for the treatment if you inconvenience them with the lapsing issue stick to your guns don't be forced to come in early but don't give them easy ammunition to single you out always give them time to sort something ou maybe ask them to get your D2Drs prepped. You could always write to their boss and ask them why staff go home 1.5 hrs before their finish time as it happens in your office ;-) and the linos are not seen after 12pm on a Saturday
-
mw7485
- Posts: 123
- Joined: 02 Dec 2013, 15:41
- Gender: Female
prep testing
djhl wrote:I am currently being prep tested and wondered what others experience of this has been?
I am probably a bit slow at sorting compared to others in the office and am generally back 15 to 45 mins back after many. In defence I come in on the dot of my contracted start time and only do D2Ds in the morning. On delivery I am reasonably quick and certainly far from the slowest in the office. Many in my office come in early (10 minutes to half an hour) and prep D2Ds in their own time.
I think this has come about as I, as the driver/sorter on the three rounds that I rotate about, have to go and tell the DOM that lapsing is not manageable in the time frame. As an aside we are asked to do lapsing every day in our office!
My initial 15 minute sequenced mail test produced a score of 364 as against the "expected" 450 (1 piece of mail every 2 seconds). Any tips or advice would be welcome
I am nearly 60 and having been in professional stressful occupations most of my life am finding the whole process degrading and anger-inducing
Did a bit of searching for you, and it was as I thought. The only agreed prep' test is a one minutes test into an empty IPS or RM2000 frame. Not sure what the minimum rates are though - although from memory, they're not difficult to achieve. If you have a rep, you need to have a word with him/her about this, as you are certainly being given the run around....
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
prep testing
Sounds like my Stalag. The management love people who come in early to start their prep because they have the ability to ignore this factor and use the difference in finishing time created by idiots doing this to bully and intimidate those doing the job properly. We also have people leaving 1-2 hours earlier than others and the management are too scared to instruct them to stay and help prep D2Ds for people who regularly over run on ridiculously large deliveries.Stammerking wrote:Obviously bring up with your Unit rep, you will be singled out for the treatment if you inconvenience them with the lapsing issue stick to your guns don't be forced to come in early but don't give them easy ammunition to single you out always give them time to sort something ou maybe ask them to get your D2Drs prepped. You could always write to their boss and ask them why staff go home 1.5 hrs before their finish time as it happens in your office ;-) and the linos are not seen after 12pm on a Saturday
Managements attitude to lapsing has changed from the original "it's there to take you up to your time", to "it's now your obligation however much mail there is"
I think the yes vote in the recent ballot was as much to do with this current type of behaviour by management as the future plans for the business.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
prep testing
Another bullying tactic by managers with no man management skills 
-
worktotime
- Posts: 2866
- Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
- Gender: Male
prep testing
15 min prep test
? no I don't think so its a 1 MIN TEST , in a clear single slotted frame and that's it , so get rep to put the dim straight on his little games and has he tested anybody else ? hmm if not you could stick a grievance in.
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
prep testing
1 minute test and no accuracy check so in theory you cluld just put them anywhere. Also there’s no agreed items per minute so it’s a totally pointless exercise designed to try and intimidate you.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
prep testing
Prep tests are one minute only depends on the frame you are on but they range from 10 per minute drop bag fitting to 22 for an RM2000 slot frame and if you fail any of those it's not the sack but training by a workplace coach of which most could not sort there ass from their elbow!
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
prep testing
The 1 min prep test!
Individual Performance Standards
Individual Performance Standards
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
prep testing
They don't even check if they are in the right slot. You could just stick them anywhere and they would be none the wiser 
-
Fremont17
- Posts: 5
- Joined: 20 Oct 2017, 07:30
- Gender: Male
prep testing
Can i ask a question we are now being targeted on 2d scanning if we don't achieve 100% we are threatened with the the three C's and the sack is this happening in other branches. . The pressure to get it right is taking its toll here
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
prep testing
3 Cs isn’t agreed at all, neither is using the 2Dscanning results to judge individual performanceFremont17 wrote:Can i ask a question we are now being targeted on 2d scanning if we don't achieve 100% we are threatened with the the three C's and the sack is this happening in other branches. . The pressure to get it right is taking its toll here
-
number one
- Posts: 1324
- Joined: 19 Aug 2009, 21:20
- Gender: Male
prep testing
Fremont17 wrote:Can i ask a question we are now being targeted on 2d scanning if we don't achieve 100% we are threatened with the the three C's and the sack is this happening in other branches. . The pressure to get it right is taking its toll here
Lots of 2ds don’t scan especially when wet through rain.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
prep testing
Just do your best even if they question your scan rate get the union in with you these guys who manage us these days could not even do the job now!number one wrote:Fremont17 wrote:Can i ask a question we are now being targeted on 2d scanning if we don't achieve 100% we are threatened with the the three C's and the sack is this happening in other branches. . The pressure to get it right is taking its toll here
Lots of 2ds don’t scan especially when wet through rain.