ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

The Sound of Silence

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by fishtank »

Since we're about to enter the mediation period and the s**t is about to get real as they say I expect RM to insist on their usual confidentiality clause during these negotiations. To be honest I'm surprised how much has been leaked so far but I have a feeling that's about to change.

It might be mushroom time for the next 5 weeks which is never fun but the upside is it gives us plenty of room to make stuff up. I heard we're all getting driverless vans.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

The Sound of Silence

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

That will go well with the Managerless Managers :whistle :whistle
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
redneck
Posts: 788
Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by redneck »

I've heard they are to accelerate (with CWU agreement) the employing of the RM 'test tube to time saving' programme, initiated over 20 years ago in RMs 'Area 51' equivalent deep in the bowels of the Mail Rail complex. We've all seen the results, 6 foot 7 humanoids who never say no and can deliver at an incredible 7 plus miles an hour walking speed due to premier stride pattern.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

The Sound of Silence

Post by clashcityrocker »

I've heard they want to clone me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by fishtank »

clashcityrocker wrote:I've heard they want to clone me.
I wonder if the real you thinks that.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
luddite
Posts: 451
Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24

The Sound of Silence

Post by luddite »

Had to call back in the yard today and one if our managers was flying a drone around the yard! It had a Gregg's pie hanging underneath which he was attempting to lower into the mouth of a prone PHG!
We all know where this is heading....pies today........
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by DiamondSmiles »

fishtank wrote:Since we're about to enter the mediation period and the s**t is about to get real as they say I expect RM to insist on their usual confidentiality clause during these negotiations. To be honest I'm surprised how much has been leaked so far but I have a feeling that's about to change.

It might be mushroom time for the next 5 weeks which is never fun but the upside is it gives us plenty of room to make stuff up. I heard we're all getting driverless vans.
Do you mean there won't be mushroom for negotiation?
walkthewalk
Posts: 220
Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by walkthewalk »

Ive heard managers are going on a charm course resulting ultimately returning to delivery offices with new abbreviated words such as: G.M (good morning) T.Y (thank you) N.L (no lapsing) L.P.I.B (leave packets it's busy) C.I.H.Y (can I help you)
:cuppa
Darwinsdad
Posts: 78
Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by Darwinsdad »

I was told we’re getting some elastic bands and Christmas Eve off. Not sure whether to believe them or not
holly123
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 220
Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by holly123 »

I heard they were making everyone have drop box on the end of each garden path with a shelf to put PDA and bundle on while I sort my bag out,have a drink to keep fluid level up & put some sun cream on
Last edited by holly123 on 17 Oct 2017, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
Spartacus
Posts: 533
Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
Location: Wales

The Sound of Silence

Post by Spartacus »

I've heard they're going to take accidents seriously.







Too far?
Delivery

Resistance is fertile
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

The Sound of Silence

Post by Brandy »

walkthewalk wrote:Ive heard managers are going on a charm course resulting ultimately returning to delivery offices with new abbreviated words such as: G.M (good morning) T.Y (thank you) N.L (no lapsing) L.P.I.B (leave packets it's busy) C.I.H.Y (can I help you)
:cuppa
A charm course! It would have needed more than that to have made my ex managers good to work for,more like a bloody miracle!!!!
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by POSTMAN »

I know for a fact the Chickens used in the CWU demo have taken over the negotiations as they feel they will do better than the previous lot!

Image
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
westy23
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 66
Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 10:35
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by westy23 »

From next year Royal Mail are selling all York’s for scrap and we are reverting to bags loose loaded on arctic lorry’s
Reinstating all Ex-phgs
Bringing back the green overtime docket so all Bookroom’s can be closed.
pmarkham
Posts: 1
Joined: 18 Jun 2015, 22:05
Gender: Male

The Sound of Silence

Post by pmarkham »

Basically common sense finally came to the front of everyones minds

(1) Moya is actually attending the meetings :wave
(2) We agreed the pension is in trouble and took a slight hit (not 30% !!)
(3) RM agreed that we all joined RM due to the hours suiting our family lifes so won't change our start times .
(4) RM agreed to a 35 hour week to minimize job losses due to automation .
(5) We agreed to not being paid the first 2 days when off sick (all other sick pay stays the same)
(6) RM agreed to a pay rise for this year back dated to April 1st and a 3 year deal for pay and terms and conditions , taking us up to 2020 to bring much needed stability to RM and all staff members.

(7) everyone lived happily ever after :nana
Last edited by pmarkham on 18 Oct 2017, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.