ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
The Sound of Silence
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
Since we're about to enter the mediation period and the s**t is about to get real as they say I expect RM to insist on their usual confidentiality clause during these negotiations. To be honest I'm surprised how much has been leaked so far but I have a feeling that's about to change.
It might be mushroom time for the next 5 weeks which is never fun but the upside is it gives us plenty of room to make stuff up. I heard we're all getting driverless vans.
It might be mushroom time for the next 5 weeks which is never fun but the upside is it gives us plenty of room to make stuff up. I heard we're all getting driverless vans.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
The Sound of Silence
That will go well with the Managerless Managers

All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
redneck
- Posts: 788
- Joined: 04 Jan 2010, 20:28
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
I've heard they are to accelerate (with CWU agreement) the employing of the RM 'test tube to time saving' programme, initiated over 20 years ago in RMs 'Area 51' equivalent deep in the bowels of the Mail Rail complex. We've all seen the results, 6 foot 7 humanoids who never say no and can deliver at an incredible 7 plus miles an hour walking speed due to premier stride pattern.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
The Sound of Silence
I've heard they want to clone me.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
I wonder if the real you thinks that.clashcityrocker wrote:I've heard they want to clone me.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
luddite
- Posts: 451
- Joined: 06 May 2008, 20:24
The Sound of Silence
Had to call back in the yard today and one if our managers was flying a drone around the yard! It had a Gregg's pie hanging underneath which he was attempting to lower into the mouth of a prone PHG!
We all know where this is heading....pies today........
We all know where this is heading....pies today........
-
DiamondSmiles
- Posts: 498
- Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
Do you mean there won't be mushroom for negotiation?fishtank wrote:Since we're about to enter the mediation period and the s**t is about to get real as they say I expect RM to insist on their usual confidentiality clause during these negotiations. To be honest I'm surprised how much has been leaked so far but I have a feeling that's about to change.
It might be mushroom time for the next 5 weeks which is never fun but the upside is it gives us plenty of room to make stuff up. I heard we're all getting driverless vans.
-
walkthewalk
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 29 Mar 2011, 12:37
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
Ive heard managers are going on a charm course resulting ultimately returning to delivery offices with new abbreviated words such as: G.M (good morning) T.Y (thank you) N.L (no lapsing) L.P.I.B (leave packets it's busy) C.I.H.Y (can I help you)

-
Darwinsdad
- Posts: 78
- Joined: 07 Mar 2016, 18:40
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
I was told we’re getting some elastic bands and Christmas Eve off. Not sure whether to believe them or not
-
holly123
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 220
- Joined: 24 Jan 2012, 12:45
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
I heard they were making everyone have drop box on the end of each garden path with a shelf to put PDA and bundle on while I sort my bag out,have a drink to keep fluid level up & put some sun cream on
Last edited by holly123 on 17 Oct 2017, 19:42, edited 1 time in total.
-
Spartacus
- Posts: 533
- Joined: 23 Jun 2007, 16:41
- Location: Wales
The Sound of Silence
I've heard they're going to take accidents seriously.
Too far?
Too far?
Delivery
Resistance is fertile
Resistance is fertile
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
The Sound of Silence
A charm course! It would have needed more than that to have made my ex managers good to work for,more like a bloody miracle!!!!walkthewalk wrote:Ive heard managers are going on a charm course resulting ultimately returning to delivery offices with new abbreviated words such as: G.M (good morning) T.Y (thank you) N.L (no lapsing) L.P.I.B (leave packets it's busy) C.I.H.Y (can I help you)
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
I know for a fact the Chickens used in the CWU demo have taken over the negotiations as they feel they will do better than the previous lot!


I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
westy23
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 66
- Joined: 24 Aug 2010, 10:35
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
From next year Royal Mail are selling all York’s for scrap and we are reverting to bags loose loaded on arctic lorry’s
Reinstating all Ex-phgs
Bringing back the green overtime docket so all Bookroom’s can be closed.
Reinstating all Ex-phgs
Bringing back the green overtime docket so all Bookroom’s can be closed.
-
pmarkham
- Posts: 1
- Joined: 18 Jun 2015, 22:05
- Gender: Male
The Sound of Silence
Basically common sense finally came to the front of everyones minds
(1) Moya is actually attending the meetings
(2) We agreed the pension is in trouble and took a slight hit (not 30% !!)
(3) RM agreed that we all joined RM due to the hours suiting our family lifes so won't change our start times .
(4) RM agreed to a 35 hour week to minimize job losses due to automation .
(5) We agreed to not being paid the first 2 days when off sick (all other sick pay stays the same)
(6) RM agreed to a pay rise for this year back dated to April 1st and a 3 year deal for pay and terms and conditions , taking us up to 2020 to bring much needed stability to RM and all staff members.
(7) everyone lived happily ever after
(1) Moya is actually attending the meetings
(2) We agreed the pension is in trouble and took a slight hit (not 30% !!)
(3) RM agreed that we all joined RM due to the hours suiting our family lifes so won't change our start times .
(4) RM agreed to a 35 hour week to minimize job losses due to automation .
(5) We agreed to not being paid the first 2 days when off sick (all other sick pay stays the same)
(6) RM agreed to a pay rise for this year back dated to April 1st and a 3 year deal for pay and terms and conditions , taking us up to 2020 to bring much needed stability to RM and all staff members.
(7) everyone lived happily ever after
Last edited by pmarkham on 18 Oct 2017, 19:54, edited 1 time in total.