ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Being moved to other offices
-
Inkster85
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 May 2017, 21:46
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
Just wondering what the official procedure is for getting moved to another office in terms of getting there and back,I've been with royal mail 5 months and have been sent to other offices maybe 10 times,Am I supposed to drive there myself?get a taxi? I've recently been told I shouldnt drive as I dont have business insurance??
-
ihatedogs
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 547
- Joined: 03 Nov 2010, 18:53
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
That's correct, your insurance will only cover you to one place of work.
Correct procedure is to start at your own office at your normal start time where your DOM should arrange transport to the other office and back. You should be back at your home office for your finish time unless you agree to work over.
Don't let him bullshit you regarding your hours, this is the correct and recognised procedure.
Correct procedure is to start at your own office at your normal start time where your DOM should arrange transport to the other office and back. You should be back at your home office for your finish time unless you agree to work over.
Don't let him bullshit you regarding your hours, this is the correct and recognised procedure.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Being moved to other offices
your office is your starting place of work it is for them (managers) to get you to and from and back to your starting place at your finish time.Inkster85 wrote:Just wondering what the official procedure is for getting moved to another office in terms of getting there and back,I've been with royal mail 5 months and have been sent to other offices maybe 10 times,Am I supposed to drive there myself?get a taxi? I've recently been told I shouldnt drive as I dont have business insurance??
-
twoloops
- Posts: 2036
- Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
- Gender: Male
- Location: Sheffield
Being moved to other offices
Need to have your answers ready "not got the car today/tomorrow"
-
Inkster85
- Posts: 3
- Joined: 02 May 2017, 21:46
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
Thanks for that,pretty sure they are just taking the piss then,i usually get a txt with a postcode saying "go here today,thanks"
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
Exactly,! you’d vthink this would all be explained and sorted out by the powers that be,and who instigated your move to another office,yet another example of poor management in this outfit,nothing’s ever done as it should be,and we suffer at the hands of this Mickey Mouse outfit,
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
It can be a good thing if you want the money. I found the extra insurance required was only a few pounds a year and the mileage allowance you can then claim more than covers all the costs.
Like others have said, don't let them take advantage but do be aware that it is possible to use the situation to your advantage - I was doing the driving time in normal hours plus getting mileage allowance.
Like others have said, don't let them take advantage but do be aware that it is possible to use the situation to your advantage - I was doing the driving time in normal hours plus getting mileage allowance.
-
CPTNemoUK
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 707
- Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
I said to my manager once in not insured to drive to other offices. He turned round and said your place of work is royal mail not this office.wannabeek wrote:It can be a good thing if you want the money. I found the extra insurance required was only a few pounds a year and the mileage allowance you can then claim more than covers all the costs.
Like others have said, don't let them take advantage but do be aware that it is possible to use the situation to your advantage - I was doing the driving time in normal hours plus getting mileage allowance.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Being moved to other offices
They tried the same thing with me once and rang me 40 minutes before my start time telling me to go to an office 20 miles away. I told them I didn't have business insurance but was happy to go if they transported me from my home office and got me back by the time I was due to finish. They didn't ask me again.
-
terry2972
- Posts: 482
- Joined: 17 Jan 2014, 15:26
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
As long as you have the correct insurance it’s not a bad money maker as I claim 45p a mile and traveling time so usually end up making more for doing less work
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
Could just say “it’s my car not yours F off”
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
Dont let uae and abuse you like that your office is your office is your getting paid decent and u dont mind doind they can oay u milage allowence ask your union man ir area rep if hes crap
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
Being moved to other offices
Could never understand why posties were sent to other offices when we were short,but then of course it was to make the managers look good,and gain good boy points at the posties expense!
-
nuns
- Posts: 147
- Joined: 14 Oct 2017, 20:17
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
are all workers entitled to milage allowence even if on reserve ?
-
South_London_Postie
- Posts: 306
- Joined: 18 Nov 2016, 19:58
- Gender: Male
Being moved to other offices
To the people saying it’s a good money spinner, have you taken into account the wear and tear and deprecation costs on your car, you will see it’s not such a great deal. To the OP turn up to your own office for your start time regardless of where you will be working, and let the lousey management sort out how you are going to travel to and from the office. Make sure you leave enough time to finish back at your own office at your normal time.