ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Trying a neighbour???

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Trying a neighbour???

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Was out on delivery yesterday delivering to posh street with massive houses all spaced apart on a hill. Left a docket for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked). Half an hour later this old bag comes to find me waving her docket saying ‘this is ridiculous! I’ve only been out for half an hour, all my neighbours are at home!’. I say excuse me madam, if you can wait for ten minutes by the van I will get your packet for you.

Got back to the van and she’s fuming. ‘It says on here that a neighbour could have taken it in!!!! It’s Saturday and all my neighbours are home!!!! This is ludicrous! There are cars on all the drives! I’m sorry Madam I say, we are very busy today and if we went knocking on every door to find a neighbour our delivery would take a lot longer. I bet she’s going to complain. Any advice????
bmccoll
Posts: 190
Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by bmccoll »

She's all bluster. If anyone has a beef with me I explain my situation and then give them the office number and manager's name if they want to complain. No-one ever has.
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by Creditshampoo »

If a manager says anything shrug it off nothing to worry about. Or better still “you want me to try a neighbour for every packet on a Saturday? Ok, but I’ll be doing it everyday then and will not hesitate to bring mail back”
borgpicard
Posts: 486
Joined: 05 May 2011, 22:45
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by borgpicard »

Not got enough time to run aroud looking for neighbours, not in, it goes back.
twoloops
Posts: 2036
Joined: 24 May 2017, 20:52
Gender: Male
Location: Sheffield

Trying a neighbour???

Post by twoloops »

I've never tried or left anything with a neighbor even if they come out & offer to take it in it goes back, teach them a lesson for not being in.
Shaders
Posts: 218
Joined: 22 Jun 2010, 07:47
Gender: Male
Location: Oop North

Trying a neighbour???

Post by Shaders »

I had one a few months ago complain to the offfice that I tried to deliver a parcel too them but they were out, the actual complaint was that I hadn't tried neighbours,

How would they know? THEY WERE OUT :arrrghhh
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Trying a neighbour???

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Thanks for your replies. I'll be prepared on Wednesday when I go back in! She was such a snotty cow though. I hate people with attitudes like that.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Trying a neighbour???

Post by k979aaa »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Thanks for your replies. I'll be prepared on Wednesday when I go back in! She was such a snotty cow though. I hate people with attitudes like that.
Probably all her neighbours are too as they do not answer the door when you knocked by you she sounds like a neighbour from hell!
thekiddykid
Posts: 116
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38

Trying a neighbour???

Post by thekiddykid »

peshwaarinaan wrote:Was out on delivery yesterday delivering to posh street with massive houses all spaced apart on a hill. Left a docket :Very Happy for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked). Half an hour later this old bag comes to find me waving her docket saying ‘this is ridiculous! I’ve only been out for half an hour, all my neighbours are at home!’. I say excuse me madam, if you can wait for ten minutes by the van I will get your packet for you.

Got back to the van and she’s fuming. ‘It says on here that a neighbour could have taken it in!!!! It’s Saturday and all my neighbours are home!!!! This is ludicrous! There are cars on all the drives! I’m sorry Madam I say, we are very busy today and if we went knocking on every door to find a neighbour our delivery would take a lot longer. I bet she’s going to complain. Any advice????
If they think I am knocking a neighbours door early on a Saturday morning they can go and whistle. Some mad man threatened to separate my head from the rest of my body the last time I did that!!!! .it was nearly 10 oclock too not half 8. Take em back
miles_peters
Posts: 298
Joined: 19 Jul 2014, 12:29
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by miles_peters »

she should be done for harassment. if she does it again report her.
simonj12
PARCELFORCE
Posts: 29
Joined: 13 Oct 2009, 21:16
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by simonj12 »

Or you get asked to go back and collect from the neighbour and redeliver to the original address because they've fallen out :arrrghhh
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Just make sure if you have a parcel for one her neighbours and they ain't in. Make sure you knock on her house and see if she will take it :left:
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by Justanotherstar »

How's she gonna prove you didn't try a neighbour? :roll:

Tell her to jog on.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Trying a neighbour???

Post by clashcityrocker »

peshwaarinaan wrote: Left a docket for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked).
So you would have left a packet in an unsecured porch which is a breach of the mail integrity but you didn't try a neighbour which is now standard operating procedure?
I can't wait until we all start doing the job properly. :crazy:
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
WOBBLY
Posts: 362
Joined: 27 Apr 2012, 13:19
Gender: Male

Trying a neighbour???

Post by WOBBLY »

clashcityrocker wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote: Left a docket for a packet and didn’t try a neighbour (yes got a porch but locked).
So you would have left a packet in an unsecured porch which is a breach of the mail integrity but you didn't try a neighbour which is now standard operating procedure?
I can't wait until we all start doing the job properly. :crazy:
Try a neighbour, only if you feel it's safe to do so!