ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Forgot to scan an international special
-
Flora
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 09:25
- Gender: Female
Forgot to scan an international special
Got an international small packet from the lock up today along with 3 other before 1pm specials. I now can't remember scanning the international one.
I may have done, but If I didn't scan it and just posted it through the persons letterbox what will happen. Will my manager get an alert that it wasn't scanned??? I usually write SD on international packets, but for some reason today I forgot 
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
Forgot to scan an international special
Nah be fine mate
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Forgot to scan an international special
I admire your commitment. 7:15 on a Saturday night and not scanning a packet is weighing on your mind. And the bosses think we're all lazy useless workshy idiots.
Realistically, don't worry about that. If there's a scan fail you may get asked about it, and you can say you remember posting it but you may have missed scanning it.
Most likely in my experience, nothing would get mentioned at all unless the recipient phones up and complains it hasn't arrived. That could be a problem because there's no scan to prove that it did.
This is unlikely I think because the vast majority of these international 'specials' seem to be cheap tat, according to the customs sticker.
Realistically, don't worry about that. If there's a scan fail you may get asked about it, and you can say you remember posting it but you may have missed scanning it.
Most likely in my experience, nothing would get mentioned at all unless the recipient phones up and complains it hasn't arrived. That could be a problem because there's no scan to prove that it did.
This is unlikely I think because the vast majority of these international 'specials' seem to be cheap tat, according to the customs sticker.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Forgot to scan an international special
Always mark mine so I know what I get from the locker if it helps anyone. 
-
Jpro747
- Posts: 1342
- Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
- Gender: Male
Forgot to scan an international special
Anyone know why we get some international items mixed in with the specials?
-
Flora
- Posts: 36
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 09:25
- Gender: Female
Forgot to scan an international special
thanks everyone, I've just recently transfered to my current delivery office and only been there 3 weeks, don't want to pulled for making a silly mistake.
Will definately be marking all future international specials. Can sleep better now
.
-
LaggyBand
- Posts: 1065
- Joined: 29 Jun 2015, 14:07
- Gender: Male
Forgot to scan an international special
Because RM don't get paid if the "delivered" scan doesn't occur, so treating them as specials is their solution to getting us to scan them.Jpro747 wrote:Anyone know why we get some international items mixed in with the specials?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Forgot to scan an international special
I've heard this but I find it hard to believe. So many of these international specials have customs value of a dollar or so, according to the sticker. Are they really paying more than pennies to give these packets a priority service?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Forgot to scan an international special
Do international specials have to be delivered by 1pm?
-
Cedar_Room
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 31 Aug 2007, 14:09
Forgot to scan an international special
NoInterested-seeker wrote:Do international specials have to be delivered by 1pm?
“Shorts,in this weather?!”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
“If they’re bills I don’t want ‘em!”
“What’s she been ordering now?”
-
Max Jaffa
- Posts: 14
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 20:01
Forgot to scan an international special
Done the same myself.Nothing came of it.Don't think they are massively important.
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Forgot to scan an international special
I scan the barcode in the morning and see what it says about needing a signature.
If it needs a signature then I'll put it safely away but if it doesn't, it goes in the bundle / bag.
Special deliveries from international aren't 9 am or 1 pm specials. I've often wondered if they are put in with the other specials so they can keep their numbers up!
If it needs a signature then I'll put it safely away but if it doesn't, it goes in the bundle / bag.
Special deliveries from international aren't 9 am or 1 pm specials. I've often wondered if they are put in with the other specials so they can keep their numbers up!
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Forgot to scan an international special
Thanks for the succinct reply.Cedar_Room wrote:NoInterested-seeker wrote:Do international specials have to be delivered by 1pm?
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
Forgot to scan an international special
Good tip :)Mobey wrote:I scan the barcode in the morning and see what it says about needing a signature.
If it needs a signature then I'll put it safely away but if it doesn't, it goes in the bundle / bag.
Special deliveries from international aren't 9 am or 1 pm specials. I've often wondered if they are put in with the other specials so they can keep their numbers up!
-
wacko74
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1572
- Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
- Gender: Male
Forgot to scan an international special
It's ridiculous that we have to treat these international (mostly Chinese) items as Specials... I had one the other day, didn't require a signature but still had to go 15 minutes off route to be there before 1pm.
The customer laughed at me when I got there and I said I hope he appreciated the trouble I'd gone to... he told me it was a 3 pack of underpants that cost a fiver off Ebay with free delivery, so god knows why it had been sent as an International Special.
The customer laughed at me when I got there and I said I hope he appreciated the trouble I'd gone to... he told me it was a 3 pack of underpants that cost a fiver off Ebay with free delivery, so god knows why it had been sent as an International Special.