ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Good deal
-
unionjack0
- Posts: 65
- Joined: 11 Oct 2007, 21:50
Good deal
So just interested to no what you lads and lasses on here would regard as a good deal; as with all disputes there will have to be a bit of give and take from both sides to get any sort of resolution and surely no-one is naive enough to think we will get it all our on way.
I personally would settle for the cwu pension proposal and a no strings attached inflation pay rise; as unpalatable as it is I think we may have to concede some ground regarding the later start times.
I personally would settle for the cwu pension proposal and a no strings attached inflation pay rise; as unpalatable as it is I think we may have to concede some ground regarding the later start times.
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Good deal
What about a unified pension so DC members get an improved pension??feduppostie wrote:I would take no pay rise and my pension protected
controversial maybe but 20 odd years in my pension is my main concern and I stood to lose 3 grand a year under the proposals
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
feduppostie
- Posts: 947
- Joined: 24 Jun 2007, 19:46
Good deal
yes sorry I should have clarified the same pension for all no matter length of serviceAcca Dacca wrote:What about a unified pension so DC members get an improved pension??feduppostie wrote:I would take no pay rise and my pension protected
controversial maybe but 20 odd years in my pension is my main concern and I stood to lose 3 grand a year under the proposals
-
Acca Dacca
- Posts: 3221
- Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
- Gender: Male
Good deal
feduppostie wrote:yes sorry I should have clarified the same pension for all no matter length of serviceAcca Dacca wrote:What about a unified pension so DC members get an improved pension??feduppostie wrote:I would take no pay rise and my pension protected
controversial maybe but 20 odd years in my pension is my main concern and I stood to lose 3 grand a year under the proposals
So many in my office don't even know we currently have two different schemes!
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
-
JKSmudge
- Posts: 395
- Joined: 26 Mar 2015, 13:39
- Gender: Male
Good deal
No late starts ( working in the dark in winter and the hottest part of the days in summer - how can that be safe ? )
A guaranteed 2% minimum payrise ( inc. RRIS Del Supp etc ) this year and next with no strings attached. Plus framework/formula for future pay negotiations to be sorted BEFORE April each year.
Any productivity increases to be additional to the minimum pay rise.
Pension - not bothered as I'm already on the crap DC scheme ( and knew this when I started ) and they aren't going to improve it much, so it's a waste of time arguing about it - the union rolled over regarding new starters on DC , so that argument was lost long ago.
Agree to trials of 'route ownership' but would have to safeguard extra payments if having to cover absent colleagues - we're not doing extra hours for no pay !
As an aside - how about £90 per year footwear allowance and then RM can shove their crap, ill-fitting shoes and we can actually buy suitable footwear :)
A guaranteed 2% minimum payrise ( inc. RRIS Del Supp etc ) this year and next with no strings attached. Plus framework/formula for future pay negotiations to be sorted BEFORE April each year.
Any productivity increases to be additional to the minimum pay rise.
Pension - not bothered as I'm already on the crap DC scheme ( and knew this when I started ) and they aren't going to improve it much, so it's a waste of time arguing about it - the union rolled over regarding new starters on DC , so that argument was lost long ago.
Agree to trials of 'route ownership' but would have to safeguard extra payments if having to cover absent colleagues - we're not doing extra hours for no pay !
As an aside - how about £90 per year footwear allowance and then RM can shove their crap, ill-fitting shoes and we can actually buy suitable footwear :)
-
Burghboy
- Posts: 224
- Joined: 21 Oct 2013, 09:19
- Gender: Male
Good deal
Any deal needs to include a fairer way forward for part time workers. Average holiday pay in line with the new laws and any pro rata agreements also on average pay. The company has exploited part timers for too long and if we are to secure more full time positions long term then we must take the action now.
-
geordieboy123
- Posts: 384
- Joined: 06 Nov 2014, 17:35
- Gender: Female
Good deal
It's important not to lose sight of what conceding to later start times means it means one wave comes in and the resulting office closures and wholesale job losses and don't forget colleagues who have to pick up the kids from school etc and don't forget the security risks of working in the dark. Some of my Colleagues male and female are worried about being on certain council estates in the dark ,we have an outstanding result on our side we have to take advantage of that because if the tables were turned and they won it they wouldn't give two hoots about compromiseing.unionjack0 wrote:So just interested to no what you lads and lasses on here would regard as a good deal; as with all disputes there will have to be a bit of give and take from both sides to get any sort of resolution and surely no-one is naive enough to think we will get it all our on way.
I personally would settle for the cwu pension proposal and a no strings attached inflation pay rise; as unpalatable as it is I think we may have to concede some ground regarding the later start times.
-
banner
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:38
Good deal
I would like to see no automatic pay rise and that to be offset against the promise that the cwu scheme will be introduced for all. There should be a promise there will never be executive action around the pension and that any future changes must be agreed to first.
I am okay with any other pay rise separate to this to be linked to productivity alone.
I'm really not sure about any kind of walk ownership whilst we have the USO as it is, it will result more work overload onto postal workers to maintain the level of service.
Later starts has to be based on workability being at the top of the agenda. The cwu could agree to trials providing there are a great number of hoops that have to be jumped through with the understanding that the final outcome may be vastly different to the RM vision.
I want to see the different shift patterns maintained and extended.
I am okay with any other pay rise separate to this to be linked to productivity alone.
I'm really not sure about any kind of walk ownership whilst we have the USO as it is, it will result more work overload onto postal workers to maintain the level of service.
Later starts has to be based on workability being at the top of the agenda. The cwu could agree to trials providing there are a great number of hoops that have to be jumped through with the understanding that the final outcome may be vastly different to the RM vision.
I want to see the different shift patterns maintained and extended.
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12193
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Good deal
One wave? dream on, there's no way that one wave will ever work, especially if RM move the pipeline back a couple of hours. Some DOs wouldn't get any work until 2-3pm, probably later on a busy day and there's no way that you'd physically get it all on one lorrygeordieboy123 wrote:It's important not to lose sight of what conceding to later start times means it means one wave comes in and the resulting office closures and wholesale job losses and don't forget colleagues who have to pick up the kids from school etc and don't forget the security risks of working in the dark. Some of my Colleagues male and female are worried about being on certain council estates in the dark ,we have an outstanding result on our side we have to take advantage of that because if the tables were turned and they won it they wouldn't give two hoots about compromiseing.unionjack0 wrote:So just interested to no what you lads and lasses on here would regard as a good deal; as with all disputes there will have to be a bit of give and take from both sides to get any sort of resolution and surely no-one is naive enough to think we will get it all our on way.
I personally would settle for the cwu pension proposal and a no strings attached inflation pay rise; as unpalatable as it is I think we may have to concede some ground regarding the later start times.
-
cloherty1976
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 1236
- Joined: 11 Mar 2010, 12:16
- Gender: Male
- Location: The south
Good deal
Realistic but pension will keep changing if you have more than 10 years to go I would think.comeracing wrote:22 years service so want pension sorting 2 % pay rise. And they can ram later start times unless we went to mon- Fri working.if we do go later start times 35 hour week a must