ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Take This with a pinch of salt

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Gangham_style14 »

A line manager who is a total tool was trying to tell people today that he's been told that big bosses want to implement pipeline and new ways of working during the Christmas period with the new starters,
As I said it's come from someone who doesn't really have the respect of posties in our office so whether he was trying to wind people up who knows ..... he did get stick back with people telling him we will be striking soon anyhow, it does make me think how sneaky RM are as a company ......the big bosses need to do a week out on delivery I doubt a 3 bundle
System would come into play then .....
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Creditshampoo »

Well we know Royal Mail want to have new starters come in and work until 5pm there are job vacancies online which say they’re needed between 8 and 6. Some are even for full time contracts
the cheshire elf
Posts: 21
Joined: 01 Dec 2016, 19:05
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by the cheshire elf »

I went on line to find out about job vac and every office in my area are recruiting staff also to my surprice I noticed royal mail where adverticing for owner driver with own tran it van to work on ad hoc basic I think they are preparing for the forthcoming strikes
Glenno
Posts: 1491
Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Glenno »

Creditshampoo wrote:Well we know Royal Mail want to have new starters come in and work until 5pm there are job vacancies online which say they’re needed between 8 and 6. Some are even for full time contracts
Message of warning: Any Rep who has information regarding the above post must lodge a Disagreement as this is totally against the Agenda for Growth Agreement
If it comes up at your local resource meeting, contact your Area Rep & lodge a local Disagreement simples :wave :wave
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Creditshampoo »

https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/Royal%2 ... 351928001/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by wacko74 »


Interesting to note. not only the 09.00-17.00 hours, but also ''you will be working as part of a team''... sounds like the team working/owning the workload etc
Nickvilla20
Posts: 788
Joined: 13 May 2013, 07:30
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Nickvilla20 »

That’s my local DO which used to be a mail centre.

I know there really struggling for staff there as I see managers out on a daily basis.

They actually could be some kind of hybrid duty will have to ask my rep to talk to the area rep about it.
Danelectro
Posts: 1058
Joined: 13 Apr 2008, 01:02

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Danelectro »

The basic pay we receive which is supposed to be far more handsome than our minimum wage competitors is a myth.Yodel n 2016 said they pay their couriers £9.58 before expenses and a DPD courier as quoted in the Guardian in May of this year can earn £200 a day.Where they lose out is T&C hence why both of these companies have been taken to court in the last 2 years over working conditions and self employed status.
DiamondSmiles
Posts: 498
Joined: 05 Feb 2009, 20:03
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by DiamondSmiles »

wacko74 wrote:

Interesting to note. not only the 09.00-17.00 hours, but also ''you will be working as part of a team''... sounds like the team working/owning the workload etc
They do like to tell us we are part of a 'team' now anyway to be honest. The only 'team' I'm in is team 'me'!
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Gangham_style14 »

Just going back to my original post, it seems RM have a hidden agenda up their sleeve, I think regardless of the strikes they will force this upon us, not tried or tested in our busiest period, there is no way we will Finnish at 5 during Xmas period !!! Something else I picked up on the job advertisement:


We are looking to offer Permanent contracts
Full time, 39 hours per week, working 5 days across Monday - Saturday (rotating day off)

This role may include collections duties.

Rotating day off ? Correct me if I'm wrong I didn't read anything about rotational week off ?
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by wacko74 »

DiamondSmiles wrote:
wacko74 wrote:

Interesting to note. not only the 09.00-17.00 hours, but also ''you will be working as part of a team''... sounds like the team working/owning the workload etc
They do like to tell us we are part of a 'team' now anyway to be honest. The only 'team' I'm in is team 'me'!

I've previously seen other ads for OPG positions where they refer to the ability to work alone and unsupervised, so it's quite telling that they're now making a specific point about working as part of a team.
postslippete
Posts: 4196
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by postslippete »

Royal Mail managers spend months planning for Xmas taking on additional temps and asking staff if they would like to do parcel deliveries with the minimum of vans that are available; I would suspect that managers have got more things to worry about in the run up to Xmas than implementing grand new pipelines which have not even been trialled.
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by joewyan »

Gangham_style14 wrote:Just going back to my original post, it seems RM have a hidden agenda up their sleeve, I think regardless of the strikes they will force this upon us, not tried or tested in our busiest period, there is no way we will Finnish at 5 during Xmas period !!! Something else I picked up on the job advertisement:


We are looking to offer Permanent contracts
Full time, 39 hours per week, working 5 days across Monday - Saturday (rotating day off)

This role may include collections duties.

Rotating day off ? Correct me if I'm wrong I didn't read anything about rotational week off ?

Rotating DAY off, that's what happens in our office, day off changes every week so everyone has 1 in 6 Saturdays off. What's wrong with that?
Gangham_style14
Posts: 105
Joined: 15 Feb 2017, 19:12
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Gangham_style14 »

joewyan wrote:
Gangham_style14 wrote:Just going back to my original post, it seems RM have a hidden agenda up their sleeve, I think regardless of the strikes they will force this upon us, not tried or tested in our busiest period, there is no way we will Finnish at 5 during Xmas period !!! Something else I picked up on the job advertisement:


We are looking to offer Permanent contracts
Full time, 39 hours per week, working 5 days across Monday - Saturday (rotating day off)

This role may include collections duties.

Rotating day off ? Correct me if I'm wrong I didn't read anything about rotational week off ?

Rotating DAY off, that's what happens in our office, day off changes every week so everyone has 1 in 6 Saturdays off. What's wrong with that?

We have rotation week off ? I'm trying to figure out whether this will be scrapped now due working a 5 day week ???
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

Take This with a pinch of salt

Post by Creditshampoo »

Some offices are 1 day off in 6 and some have a week off instead.
Royal Mail wants no rotational weeks, only rotational days off.