ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Not prepped !!!!!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by MissKazzyB »

Morning everyone

So I'm supposed to start work at 9.00.
Gone to my frame & my re-directions arnt done.
Went to floor manager & told him, so now he's got someone to finish it off.

So im now waiting for it to be done.
So now I'm gonna get out later
So I'm not gonna be able to complete within my contracted hours.

It's so annoying. This happened last week & the packets wernt marked up so I had a little moan & it got sorted for afew days & now we're back to square one.

And to top it off.....It's pissing down with rain out there lol

Have a good day peeps
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by greengiant »

MissKazzyB wrote:Morning everyone

So I'm supposed to start work at 9.00.
Gone to my frame & my re-directions arnt done.
Went to floor manager & told him, so now he's got someone to finish it off.

So im now waiting for it to be done.
So now I'm gonna get out later
So I'm not gonna be able to complete within my contracted hours.

It's so annoying. This happened last week & the packets wernt marked up so I had a little moan & it got sorted for afew days & now we're back to square one.

And to top it off.....It's pissing down with rain out there lol

Have a good day peeps
There's been a few times I'd be happy if it was just redirections needing done, and not my frame overflowing onto the floor with manual & flats, second wave, umpteen packet bags of packets mixed between the paired walks, and finishing off prepping the lapsing half of the paired walks when I come in at my start time of 8:30! :arrrghhh

Good luck!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by CPTNemoUK »

In the 4 years I have been with RM. I have only ever come into a fully prepped frame once. Fair play to you for sticking to your guns, we need more posties like you :Applause
Acca Dacca
Posts: 3221
Joined: 16 Aug 2009, 17:13
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by Acca Dacca »

In our office PT are supposed to do own redirections and packets
If you tolerate this, then your paid break will be next
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by POSTMAN »

Thus would vary from office to office, hourly contract to hourly contract.
s**t bag fulltimers to s**t bag full timers...
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by wacko74 »

Yep, I'm supposed to have all my mail thrown in but regularly come in on heavy days to find the full time double preppers bundling their walks up whilst 2 trays of IPS mail are left sat on my frame, I just show the DOM and inform him I'll be going (even more) over.
korky
Posts: 797
Joined: 30 Dec 2007, 09:28

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by korky »

i'm ft and today had to prep the lapsed duty to a full inc d2ds and part of another before i get to whatever i'm on.
then do both duties packets and tie both up of on frames i don't know very well and then prep more d2ds because whoever was on it earlier couldn't be bothered,
told them i won't be taking our lapsing, got asked why, i just said to let those who were out on delivery 90 mins before me do it.
worked out better as 30 minutes less walking and the rain had just about stopped when we got out, the runners will have got drenched :left:
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by joewyan »

MissKazzyB wrote:Morning everyone

So I'm supposed to start work at 9.00.
Gone to my frame & my re-directions arnt done.
Went to floor manager & told him, so now he's got someone to finish it off.

So im now waiting for it to be done.
So now I'm gonna get out later
So I'm not gonna be able to complete within my contracted hours.

It's so annoying. This happened last week & the packets wernt marked up so I had a little moan & it got sorted for afew days & now we're back to square one.

And to top it off.....It's pissing down with rain out there lol

Have a good day peeps
Are you seriously saying you waited for someone else to do your redirections for you rather than just doing them yourself?
Yes, maybe they should be done for you but there have been many times I've gone in and had to prep a lot of Mail or even all of it!
If you did them yourself and then went out late because you had to take a couple of minutes then you could use that if you needed to cut off/claim excess. Waiting for someone else to do it I can't understand.
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by MissKazzyB »

Hi Joewyan

Your right, I could've helped do the re-directions but because it's not my frame all the time, I don't know where everything is.
I feel I just get in the way, where as, they know it well do can do it in 5-10 minutes.
Also if I start doing it, then they're expect it all the time.
I'm not willing to do it as it should be done for when I get in. If I do, it'll take so much longer & then it takes my time up & then I'm expected to complete the walk. I'm already going over my hours as it is to complete it.
Janet Brum
Posts: 886
Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
Gender: Female

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by Janet Brum »

While you were waiting for some poor sod to do the redirections on your walk, you could have used that time to do them yourself :)
It takes 1-2 minutes to screen the frame and it`s not that hard, you have to try it and not rely on onthers.
I`m on different walks each day and I don`t wait for someone else to do my job, if you go over, claim overtime as it is, with 5 minutes more or less, you`ll get there anyway :wave
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by yellowbelly »

joewyan wrote:
MissKazzyB wrote:Morning everyone

So I'm supposed to start work at 9.00.
Gone to my frame & my re-directions arnt done.
Went to floor manager & told him, so now he's got someone to finish it off.

So im now waiting for it to be done.
So now I'm gonna get out later
So I'm not gonna be able to complete within my contracted hours.

It's so annoying. This happened last week & the packets wernt marked up so I had a little moan & it got sorted for afew days & now we're back to square one.

And to top it off.....It's pissing down with rain out there lol

Have a good day peeps
Are you seriously saying you waited for someone else to do your redirections for you rather than just doing them yourself?
Yes, maybe they should be done for you but there have been many times I've gone in and had to prep a lot of Mail or even all of it!
If you did them yourself and then went out late because you had to take a couple of minutes then you could use that if you needed to cut off/claim excess. Waiting for someone else to do it I can't understand.
Perhaps the manager should clarify whose job it is to do the redirs. If it's supposed to be done before Kazzy comes in, why should Kazzyb have to
cut off/claim excess if it's someone else's job to prep the frame to a required standard. If the prepping postie didn't know then the manager
needs to 'manage' :roll: and make sure the prepping posties know up to what stage the frame needs to be prepped.

If it was only going to take a couple of minutes to do the redirs, why didn't the postie who put the last letter in do them if it's part of their task?
If he/she couldn't afford the extra couple of minutes why didn't he/she cut off/claim excess instead of letting the crap trickle further down to Kazzy?

What would it be the next time - a box of flats not prepped into the frame and then another and another....

Make it the manager's issue - that's what they get paid for. Nothing annoys me more than solving manager's issues for them, I don't get paid for that.

The further up the job processes we say 'No' because of under resourcing the better off we might be - more jobs and/or more hours for
P/T'ers that want them - dream on......

Not trying to be antagonistic but just trying to see it from Kazzy's point of view.
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by MissKazzyB »

It's not actually my job to do it.
If your part time, then it should all be thrown up, all the re-directions done & packets marked.
It should all be tied up too & put in the barrel so when I come in at 9, I can get my barrel & go.

So in fact, I'm helping by tying up myself & loading the barrel.
MissKazzyB
Posts: 80
Joined: 22 Mar 2017, 21:50
Gender: Female

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by MissKazzyB »

EXACTLY Yellow Belly!!!!

:-)

Certain posture will get walked over by not speaking up for themselves but I'm sorry & afraid to say, I'm not one of them !!!
mark.cup
Posts: 303
Joined: 14 Mar 2010, 20:54
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by mark.cup »

Always 2 sides to this sort of thing?

I am full time and work with a part timer who comes in just gone 8 I have to prep both frames including door to doors and do IPS so I make sure both frames get up to the same stage religiously then when the part timer comes in he is on duty as far as I'm concerned and does whatever tasks are needed...

I'm not saying the OP is wrong or wright just saying if my part timer came in and said I'm not doing this or that we wouldn't be going anywhere
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Not prepped !!!!!

Post by joewyan »

MissKazzyB wrote:It's not actually my job to do it.
If your part time, then it should all be thrown up, all the re-directions done & packets marked.
It should all be tied up too & put in the barrel so when I come in at 9, I can get my barrel & go.

So in fact, I'm helping by tying up myself & loading the barrel.
That's fair enough if it's not your job to do it. It for the sake of redirections they take 2 minutes whether you know the frame or not that was my point. I'm part time but when I get in I have to finish prepping my job for the day but everyone part time is on different hours etc so I understand that.
Fair enough stand your ground to make sure things are done (I make it known if things are prepped as much as they should be!) but a few redirections would have been quicker for you to do that get someone else to come and do them.