ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

HGV Class C or C+E

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
abzyyy
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 01:16
Gender: Male

HGV Class C or C+E

Post by abzyyy »

Hi everyone, anybody know of any vacancies in the Yorkshire Area as a HGV Class 2 or HGV Class 1 driver.

Currently a postie in Bradford - looking to move on with my career.

Got my Class 2 at the moment - training and test Class 1 next month; in all honesty don't want to leave Royal Mail so would appreciate any vacancies at Leeds Mail Centre / YDC or even Manchester Mail Centre. Anything within 50 miles of Bradford is appealing.

Thanks for having a look. Cheersssss! :cuppa :cuppa :wave
Nick b
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 21:57
Gender: Male

HGV Class C or C+E

Post by Nick b »

The simple answer to your question is:. As you are in valley/north or south you will come under Leeds and yes vacancies do turn up, ydc Whitwood advertise through RM vacancies so check every day. Stourton has C class DVRs only. Also join DVR progression programme and speak to your line manager. At least he will be aware of your intentions. Good luck on your class one.
Nick b
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 32
Joined: 22 Jul 2017, 21:57
Gender: Male

HGV Class C or C+E

Post by Nick b »

One last thing, my last comment about talking to your line manager. Believe it or not if a manager is seen helping a postie achieve his aims it's a gold star for the manager in his superiors eyes as a postie myself on the DVRs progression ladder I speak with a little experience.
abzyyy
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 18
Joined: 29 Jul 2011, 01:16
Gender: Male

HGV Class C or C+E

Post by abzyyy »

Hi Nick thanks for the reply on my post. I'm a little confused with your post.

So just to respond - I'm based at Valley. I spoke to one of the drivers that brings our wave of mail in the morning - and as Leeds are going a revision they dont have any vacancies atm.

YDC Whitwood - I'm guessing thats the distribution centre? I do check vacancies quite often and have set up an alert but havent heard nothing for quite awhile.

DVR progression programme - I'm guessing thats the drivers progression programme - is that not only open in April/May.

Cheers!!