ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Orthotic Insoles?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Can anyone recommend any good insoles please? I have a heel spur and collapsed arches and my feet have been killing me today :sad: .
paulblues111
Posts: 10
Joined: 08 Oct 2009, 19:09
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by paulblues111 »

I have tried all sorts..... get referred to a hospital and have them made to your feet
and don`t forget you can get £30 towards shoes if you struggle with RM shoes :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

paulblues111 wrote:I have tried all sorts..... get referred to a hospital and have them made to your feet
and don`t forget you can get £30 towards shoes if you struggle with RM shoes :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
Have the insoles from hospital but they are too severe paulblues111. I submitted a claim for footwear in May. Still haven't received payment. Typical shitty RM.
theargyspy
Posts: 252
Joined: 23 Apr 2007, 17:02
Gender: Male
Location: UK

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by theargyspy »

I have been suffering with plantar fasciitis for a while, could hardly walk, one of my colleagues recommended these

https://sole-mates.eu/

Only got them today so early days but a huge improvement already

handy thing is they have a return policy if you don't get on with them
"Never have I known an employee so keen to employ you, then so eager to get rid of you!"
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by aiden01 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:
paulblues111 wrote:I have tried all sorts..... get referred to a hospital and have them made to your feet
and don`t forget you can get £30 towards shoes if you struggle with RM shoes :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
Have the insoles from hospital but they are too severe paulblues111. I submitted a claim for footwear in May. Still haven't received payment. Typical shitty RM.
Again put your claim in again you are entitled to that £30 always get mine within 10 days.
Pidleypoo
Posts: 705
Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by Pidleypoo »

I have to have my own made by the NHS, and as they've worn out and I need new ones the pain in my feet is unreal.
It doesn't help that R.M footwear is so bad ( especially the clown shoes ) it's making things even worse.
So I can't really help you, but I feel your pain.
kingeric
Posts: 133
Joined: 12 Jan 2013, 13:45
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by kingeric »

http://orthosole.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
answer=42
Posts: 64
Joined: 16 Jun 2012, 07:44
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by answer=42 »

Orthotic insoles Full length with arch supports, metatarsal and heel Cushion for plantar fasciitis treatment
by Pro11 Wellbeing
Find them on Amazon. I had plantar fascitis unbelievable, thought I was done. Got these, got better. Can't praise them enough and wouldn't (daren't!) be without them again.
HarryPoorer
Posts: 112
Joined: 06 Jul 2011, 21:07
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by HarryPoorer »

my quack had a friend in Spire (was bupa) took a footprint scan and made me some, great but now worn after 5 years and i have changed my quack. :cry p.s. don't they just look like clown shoes! :Very Happy
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

Thanks for all your replies. Some great suggestions thank you.
bertieboy
Posts: 56
Joined: 25 Jul 2010, 19:53
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by bertieboy »

paulblues111 wrote:I have tried all sorts..... get referred to a hospital and have them made to your feet
and don`t forget you can get £30 towards shoes if you struggle with RM shoes :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
Is it limited to £30 per annum?
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by fly-catchers »

bertieboy wrote:
paulblues111 wrote:I have tried all sorts..... get referred to a hospital and have them made to your feet
and don`t forget you can get £30 towards shoes if you struggle with RM shoes :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
Is it limited to £30 per annum?
£30 every 6 months. Though I did read somewhere that with RM offering other shoes the £30 to help buy your own was being dropped. Hope not but will find out in November when I put in for my next pair!
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by fly-catchers »

I am still suffering badly from Metatarsalgia. I was off sick for a week during which a podiatrist made some supports for my current insoles. And said I have hammer toes. But now I have been back at work for a week the pain is just as bad. Just numbing down after a few hours once I get home! And them back once I am about halfway through my delivery..
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by aiden01 »

fly-catchers wrote:
bertieboy wrote:
paulblues111 wrote:I have tried all sorts..... get referred to a hospital and have them made to your feet
and don`t forget you can get £30 towards shoes if you struggle with RM shoes :thumbup :thumbup :thumbup
Is it limited to £30 per annum?
£30 every 6 months. Though I did read somewhere that with RM offering other shoes the £30 to help buy your own was being dropped. Hope not but will find out in November when I put in for my next pair!
you get £30 when whatever trainers\ shoes you require are done have a look in downloads no timeframe when they are done they are done very simple..
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

Orthotic Insoles?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

How is the £30 paid? I also claimed £10 for my GP's note so I'm waiting for £40.