ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Massive yes vote
-
tonytucker
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 06 Aug 2009, 18:20
- Gender: Male
- Location: Essex now
Massive yes vote
From seeing how low are office morale is and neighbouring offices,and even the usual strike breakers not happy this time got feeling going to be 80% plus yes
BRING IT BACK BRING IT BACK
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Massive yes vote
Probably nearer 90%.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Massive yes vote
Hope so , my vote is in , Royal Mail needs to hear the voice of the workforce and understand their propaganda is a waste of time .
-
Grinder64
- Posts: 245
- Joined: 28 Oct 2009, 17:54
- Gender: Male
Massive yes vote
I'd go as far to say that the sheer onslaught of relentless repetitive puerile claptrap in the form of postcards, PDA prompts and WTL condescension has massively backfired in RM's campaign to win over the usual waverers; even the most intransigent of fence-sitters in our office have had enough of it day in, day out. You can lead a horse to water... 
You do the work, they get the loot. The men with the smiles and the 3 piece suits.
-
banner
- Posts: 125
- Joined: 04 Jun 2007, 16:38
Massive yes vote
I think it will be a massive yes vote but the real question will be how many have the stomach for a protracted strike. I'm willing and able to go all out but how many others will be in a position to do this as well?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Massive yes vote
I would hope it will be in the region of 85 to 90 percent. That's certainly the feeling locally.
I also hope that if they get it, they use that high percentage to push for a full all-out strike, not this rolling one-day-at-a-time malarkey that just drags on.
I reckon with the new shareholder pressure which hasn't been a problem for RM before that they would fold on day three if faced with a full all-out strike approaching cyber week.
I also hope that if they get it, they use that high percentage to push for a full all-out strike, not this rolling one-day-at-a-time malarkey that just drags on.
I reckon with the new shareholder pressure which hasn't been a problem for RM before that they would fold on day three if faced with a full all-out strike approaching cyber week.
-
chickenwittle
- Posts: 2095
- Joined: 15 Nov 2009, 09:43
- Gender: Male
Massive yes vote
Royal Mail will be dreading strikes leading up to xmas so pressure is all on them but a long drawn out strike is in no ones interest at the end of the day .
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Massive yes vote
Yes, massively backfired.Grinder64 wrote:I'd go as far to say that the sheer onslaught of relentless repetitive puerile claptrap in the form of postcards, PDA prompts and WTL condescension has massively backfired in RM's campaign to win over the usual waverers; even the most intransigent of fence-sitters in our office have had enough of it day in, day out. You can lead a horse to water...
I remember nearly thirty years ago travelling ninety miles to address a meeting of a group of people intending not to accept what was proposed. I knew, and thought it common sense, NOT to sell my case too hard or be repetitive but to remain calm.
I can't believe that Royal Mail haven't had the sense to act in a similar way. RM have well paid people for communicating with the workforce, and they could afford to bring consultants in if necessary, so how could they possibly not realise that far too many badly worded scarcely believable utterances could only boost the CWU's cause not theirs ?
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Massive yes vote
Traditional phrase is: Slowly, slowly, catch the monkey.
RM's version is: Shout at the monkey louder and louder the same thing over and again. That's gotta work, eh....
RM's version is: Shout at the monkey louder and louder the same thing over and again. That's gotta work, eh....
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
Massive yes vote
Yes, indeed, Slowly, slowly, catch the monkeywannabeek wrote:Traditional phrase is: Slowly, slowly, catch the monkey.
RM's version is: Shout at the monkey louder and louder the same thing over and again. That's gotta work, eh....
And I've realised that for years now pairs of Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses at your door have the sense not to act like Donald Trump and they don't put one leaflet trough the door each week all through the summer.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Massive yes vote
Be careful what you wish forwannabeek wrote:I would hope it will be in the region of 85 to 90 percent. That's certainly the feeling locally.
I also hope that if they get it, they use that high percentage to push for a full all-out strike, not this rolling one-day-at-a-time malarkey that just drags on.
I reckon with the new shareholder pressure which hasn't been a problem for RM before that they would fold on day three if faced with a full all-out strike approaching cyber week.
-
wannabeek
- Posts: 996
- Joined: 27 Apr 2011, 00:49
- Gender: Male
Massive yes vote
Not wishing for it. Ready for it, fully prepared for it should it come, but not wishing for it.
-
britwrit
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 966
- Joined: 22 Apr 2007, 15:12
Massive yes vote
The thing is, I'm sure RM could've had everything they wanted - with the exception of the pension changes - if they'd changed it slowly.Lounge Lizard wrote:Yes, indeed, Slowly, slowly, catch the monkeywannabeek wrote:Traditional phrase is: Slowly, slowly, catch the monkey.
RM's version is: Shout at the monkey louder and louder the same thing over and again. That's gotta work, eh....
And I've realised that for years now pairs of Mormons or Jehovah's Witnesses at your door have the sense not to act like Donald Trump and they don't put one leaflet trough the door each week all through the summer.
Shift the dispatch times MC by MC. Offer new recruits the option of working from 9 to 5. Etc. Etc. By the time the frog realizes that the pot has come to a boil, it's too late.
-
Tman
- Posts: 4145
- Joined: 21 Oct 2007, 09:57
Massive yes vote
Think you're being well over-optimistic there.Lounge Lizard wrote:Probably nearer 90%.
Anything over 65-70% would be good.