ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
Our office has made up 6 part timers up to 39 hours. I have no issue with this. I have missed out on the old bull of seniority. Regularly doing full time hours and above. This is where im thinking of putting in a grievance.
A few of the ones that have been made up are old timers who took BUY DOWNS. So firstly they chose to jump down to part time in the first time. They were financially rewarded for doing so and now have been financially rewarded yet again by getting the increase in hours back! To make it worse the union rep has had a hand in this. Ive voted yes but right now i couldnt careless about a strike. This whole thing stinks. What are my options?
Regular 50+ hours a week. Shafted on my rwo and leave weeks. The rage i feel is indescribable.
A few of the ones that have been made up are old timers who took BUY DOWNS. So firstly they chose to jump down to part time in the first time. They were financially rewarded for doing so and now have been financially rewarded yet again by getting the increase in hours back! To make it worse the union rep has had a hand in this. Ive voted yes but right now i couldnt careless about a strike. This whole thing stinks. What are my options?
Regular 50+ hours a week. Shafted on my rwo and leave weeks. The rage i feel is indescribable.
-
gb93
- Posts: 1462
- Joined: 29 Oct 2009, 16:25
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
Your options.
Carry on as you are doing voluntary overtime every week.
Work your contracted hours.
Carry on as you are doing voluntary overtime every week.
Work your contracted hours.
This ain't no baseball game, you get only one chance and you blew it.
-
Captain Scarlet
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
- Location: Fifer
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
Area Rep needs involvement in this.
I am sure this could be illegal as I am sure there has to be a certain period of time before you can increase back up and you may have to pay money back!
Anyone further down seniority should have been made up first, these people aren't mates of the Rep by any chance?
I am sure this could be illegal as I am sure there has to be a certain period of time before you can increase back up and you may have to pay money back!
Anyone further down seniority should have been made up first, these people aren't mates of the Rep by any chance?
-
DGH
- Posts: 710
- Joined: 13 Dec 2014, 18:04
- Gender: Male
- Location: Neither here nor there
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
It should be those regularly doing the hours who are offered the option of getting more contracted hours (and that could be done by seniority, fair enough).
What you describe is simply outrageous and the union should not support on condone it in any way.
What you describe is simply outrageous and the union should not support on condone it in any way.
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
I believe their 2 year window has just passed. It just stinks. A few wernt regularly doing VO either. The way i see it. They chose to drop their hours so get to the back of the queue.
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
DGH wrote:It should be those regularly doing the hours who are offered the option of getting more contracted hours (and that could be done by seniority, fair enough).
What you describe is simply outrageous and the union should not support on condone it in any way.
It should be the ones doing the grafting and putting the hours in 100%
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
But the agreed way, like on many things at RM (including annual leave pick until very recently), is purely down to seniority.panch1989 wrote:DGH wrote:It should be those regularly doing the hours who are offered the option of getting more contracted hours (and that could be done by seniority, fair enough).
What you describe is simply outrageous and the union should not support on condone it in any way.
It should be the ones doing the grafting and putting the hours in 100%
Not that I think that is always the correct way, but that is what is agreed at national level.
We had a number of part timers that used to regularly do full time hours or more, but then in the Delivery Methods revision, were told they would not get any increase in their contract hours. Some out of need continued doing lots of overtime (but got no extra payment thanks during holidays and/or sickness) out of need, others stopped almost doubling their contract hours.
So many part timers enrol and think they will get a significantly better contract deal by helping their depot clear day-in-day-out, regularly getting their linos/DOM out of the mire, but the reality in my experience is that RM has tried to exploit part timers for as little reward as possible over the last ~10 years.
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
If they were offered buy downs 2 years ago and are being offered increased contracts now, you have to wonder at the incompetence of those in charge.
If our future pay rises are to be linked to "efficiency savings" how are we ever going to see any money with such people in charge.
If our future pay rises are to be linked to "efficiency savings" how are we ever going to see any money with such people in charge.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
Postie 1 has been part- time for 15 years and only worked her contracted hours because she was the primary carer for her two children.DGH wrote:It should be those regularly doing the hours who are offered the option of getting more contracted hours (and that could be done by seniority, fair enough).
What you describe is simply outrageous and the union should not support on condone it in any way.
Postie 2 has been part-time for 10 years and has done 20 hours overtime a week because he's single and has no other commitments.
Who should the union support and why?
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
payetwhu
- Posts: 54
- Joined: 31 Aug 2013, 21:05
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
6 made up wow. Are you in london?
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 21:05, edited 1 time in total.
-
bigal383
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 492
- Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
Exactly same happened in my office went to the top od union they said senority is senority loolimg after there older men some even took 14k at ours one year later took olaces from us 24hr lads
-
97gaz
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1023
- Joined: 17 Dec 2008, 10:15
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
[
Last edited by 97gaz on 14 Dec 2019, 21:05, edited 2 times in total.
-
Glenno
- Posts: 1491
- Joined: 05 Jun 2007, 13:12
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
Have you recently gone thru some kind of revision, because that is a lot of people to be made up to full time if you havn't, so saying that P/Ters should have their contracts reviewed at least every 6 mnths, and if they are continually going over their contracted hrs the Local Rep should be making a case for them to be upgraded, this is the Nationally reccognised way to move things forward, failing that put in a Grievance to managementpanch1989 wrote:Our office has made up 6 part timers up to 39 hours. I have no issue with this. I have missed out on the old bull of seniority. Regularly doing full time hours and above. This is where im thinking of putting in a grievance.
A few of the ones that have been made up are old timers who took BUY DOWNS. So firstly they chose to jump down to part time in the first time. They were financially rewarded for doing so and now have been financially rewarded yet again by getting the increase in hours back! To make it worse the union rep has had a hand in this. Ive voted yes but right now i couldnt careless about a strike. This whole thing stinks. What are my options?
Regular 50+ hours a week. Shafted on my rwo and leave weeks. The rage i feel is indescribable.
-
panch1989
- Posts: 104
- Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
- Gender: Male
Is this right? I certainly know its not fair
I am going to ask the dom tomorrow if i will be getting any increase in my contract hours at all. I know 39 is hard to come by but you cant help but feel robbed by pro rata bonus and shares and pension when your contract says 20 but you're full time in every other essence but the one that matters. This whole time during the four pillars i thought maybe for once the union would look after part timers. It seems at local level you have to be the reps long serving pal.
Im sure there is a 6 month renewal agreement if working regular hours above your contract. Am i wrong or is this pathway just as useless and i may aswell just stick a grievence in and tell them obviously my extra hours on the job arent needed because they have brought in enough full timers now (which they havent)
Im sure there is a 6 month renewal agreement if working regular hours above your contract. Am i wrong or is this pathway just as useless and i may aswell just stick a grievence in and tell them obviously my extra hours on the job arent needed because they have brought in enough full timers now (which they havent)