ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Is my office ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
comeracing
Posts: 806
Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by comeracing »

The weakest in the uk,ive heard some muppets saying im voteing no,saying they don't want to lose a days pay due to strike action and there are worse paid jobs,are these idiots or what, wish they would wake up and see the bigger picture :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
jack~jack
Posts: 62
Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 10:04
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by jack~jack »

You get these people all over, royal mail love them. Offer them a few peanuts and they dance to their tune.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Is my office ?

Post by k979aaa »

comeracing wrote:The weakest in the uk,ive heard some muppets saying im voteing no,saying they don't want to lose a days pay due to strike action and there are worse paid jobs,are these idiots or what, wish they would wake up and see the bigger picture :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Well at least they are voting if anything RM Campaign it has strengthened the turnout whatever they vote should be a valid vote but am sure will vote yes!
Mobey
Posts: 291
Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by Mobey »

You're never going to win with everyone when industrial action is threatened.
Spedley
Posts: 1209
Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
Location: Warwickshire

Is my office ?

Post by Spedley »

Does a spoiled paper count as turnout? It doesn't usually figure in the result (i.e. yes% + no% = 100%)

If so then persuade them to spoil their paper in protest and then send it in.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Is my office ?

Post by k979aaa »

Spedley wrote:Does a spoiled paper count as turnout? It doesn't usually figure in the result (i.e. yes% + no% = 100%)

If so then persuade them to spoil their paper in protest and then send it in.
Wrong call we need everyone to vote even if it is 52% yes and 48% no but most of all just VOTE!
Numberone63
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 621
Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by Numberone63 »

comeracing wrote:The weakest in the uk,ive heard some muppets saying im voteing no,saying they don't want to lose a days pay due to strike action and there are worse paid jobs,are these idiots or what, wish they would wake up and see the bigger picture :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh :arrrghhh
Everyone is entitled to have their OWN opinion and not be bullied into a yes or no. It's going to be a yes anyway. The bigger picture may not be very good in the end for us all anyway. I used to work for a very large well known company and this kind of thing was going on there.
The company wanting major changes and the union and staff fighting it. Then boom!!!! 90 days notice and we were T.U.P.E'd over to the new company. New terms and conditions etc. Got made redundant in the end. Now I'm a postman and I'm getting the same feeling about all this. Time will tell. I'm voting yes by the way. So no bullying comments please.
Justanotherstar
Posts: 351
Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by Justanotherstar »

lose a days pay and gain a decent pay rise or get paid for that day and have RM screw you over...choice is pretty simple for those with common sense :chuckle

If they're that worried about losing pay they should vote yes so the union have the backing to get the pay rise/fight the shitty changes and just scab...they still get paid and the union still have leverage, explain to them a yes vote don't mean they HAVE to strike
greengiant
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1268
Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by greengiant »

I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Is my office ?

Post by k979aaa »

greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
Bit like blowing both your feet of with a shotgun!
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12193
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by SpacePhoenix »

greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
:hmmmm Well they must be actually happy with the office rep, if they aren't, why hasn't anyone put themselves forward to be the new office rep?
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by aiden01 »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
:hmmmm Well they must be actually happy with the office rep, if they aren't, why hasn't anyone put themselves forward to be the new office rep?
maybe they are in the minority as rest of office think the rep does a good job.
glfp
Posts: 71
Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18

Is my office ?

Post by glfp »

[
The company wanting major changes and the union and staff fighting it. Then boom!!!! 90 days notice and we were T.U.P.E'd over to the new company. New terms and conditions etc. Got made redundant in the end. Now I'm a postman and I'm getting the same feeling about all this. Time will tell. I'm voting yes by the way. So no bullying comments please.[/quote]

I think this is where we are heading.

I think the final piece of the jigsaw is above.

Royal Mail we be broken up and sold off.

I have heard Terry |Pullinger say to logistics its important you vote to stop RM selling you off.
Parcelforce the same.
If they dont get the agreement they want they will do this.
The fact Moya Greene hasn't sent any top executives into the talks speaks volumes in my mind.
If they dont make an improved offer then my fears will mount.
If they desperately wanted to avert the strike you'd think at least the lump sum wouldn't be pro rata for PT to try and sway them.
We shall see.
awesomepenguin
Posts: 122
Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
Gender: Male

Is my office ?

Post by awesomepenguin »

SpacePhoenix wrote:
greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
:hmmmm Well they must be actually happy with the office rep, if they aren't, why hasn't anyone put themselves forward to be the new office rep?
I keep hearing on here people saying "why don't you put yourself forward to be new office rep?" if anyone voices a negative opinion towards their rep or CWU.

I think members are well within their rights to complain or not be satisfied with the representation they get from their union representative without being obliged to put themselves forward for the position if they do so. :hmmmm
MURPHYBROWN
Posts: 12
Joined: 02 Aug 2017, 18:35
Gender: Female

Is my office ?

Post by MURPHYBROWN »

glfp wrote:[
The company wanting major changes and the union and staff fighting it. Then boom!!!! 90 days notice and we were T.U.P.E'd over to the new company. New terms and conditions etc. Got made redundant in the end. Now I'm a postman and I'm getting the same feeling about all this. Time will tell. I'm voting yes by the way. So no bullying comments please.
I think this is where we are heading.

I think the final piece of the jigsaw is above.

Royal Mail we be broken up and sold off.

I have heard Terry |Pullinger say to logistics its important you vote to stop RM selling you off.
Parcelforce the same.
If they dont get the agreement they want they will do this.
The fact Moya Greene hasn't sent any top executives into the talks speaks volumes in my mind.
If they dont make an improved offer then my fears will mount.
If they desperately wanted to avert the strike you'd think at least the lump sum wouldn't be pro rata for PT to try and sway them.
We shall see.[/quote]

This.

It's coming.

May as well strike, then at least there will be no regrets that everything that could be done wasn't tried.