ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Is my office ?
-
comeracing
- Posts: 806
- Joined: 28 Nov 2010, 20:58
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
The weakest in the uk,ive heard some muppets saying im voteing no,saying they don't want to lose a days pay due to strike action and there are worse paid jobs,are these idiots or what, wish they would wake up and see the bigger picture

-
jack~jack
- Posts: 62
- Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 10:04
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
You get these people all over, royal mail love them. Offer them a few peanuts and they dance to their tune.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Is my office ?
Well at least they are voting if anything RM Campaign it has strengthened the turnout whatever they vote should be a valid vote but am sure will vote yes!comeracing wrote:The weakest in the uk,ive heard some muppets saying im voteing no,saying they don't want to lose a days pay due to strike action and there are worse paid jobs,are these idiots or what, wish they would wake up and see the bigger picture![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
-
Mobey
- Posts: 291
- Joined: 26 Jul 2016, 11:54
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
You're never going to win with everyone when industrial action is threatened.
-
Spedley
- Posts: 1209
- Joined: 16 Jul 2007, 17:32
- Location: Warwickshire
Is my office ?
Does a spoiled paper count as turnout? It doesn't usually figure in the result (i.e. yes% + no% = 100%)
If so then persuade them to spoil their paper in protest and then send it in.
If so then persuade them to spoil their paper in protest and then send it in.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Is my office ?
Wrong call we need everyone to vote even if it is 52% yes and 48% no but most of all just VOTE!Spedley wrote:Does a spoiled paper count as turnout? It doesn't usually figure in the result (i.e. yes% + no% = 100%)
If so then persuade them to spoil their paper in protest and then send it in.
-
Numberone63
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 621
- Joined: 05 Sep 2017, 18:38
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
Everyone is entitled to have their OWN opinion and not be bullied into a yes or no. It's going to be a yes anyway. The bigger picture may not be very good in the end for us all anyway. I used to work for a very large well known company and this kind of thing was going on there.comeracing wrote:The weakest in the uk,ive heard some muppets saying im voteing no,saying they don't want to lose a days pay due to strike action and there are worse paid jobs,are these idiots or what, wish they would wake up and see the bigger picture![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
![]()
The company wanting major changes and the union and staff fighting it. Then boom!!!! 90 days notice and we were T.U.P.E'd over to the new company. New terms and conditions etc. Got made redundant in the end. Now I'm a postman and I'm getting the same feeling about all this. Time will tell. I'm voting yes by the way. So no bullying comments please.
-
Justanotherstar
- Posts: 351
- Joined: 28 Dec 2012, 10:43
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
lose a days pay and gain a decent pay rise or get paid for that day and have RM screw you over...choice is pretty simple for those with common sense
If they're that worried about losing pay they should vote yes so the union have the backing to get the pay rise/fight the shitty changes and just scab...they still get paid and the union still have leverage, explain to them a yes vote don't mean they HAVE to strike
If they're that worried about losing pay they should vote yes so the union have the backing to get the pay rise/fight the shitty changes and just scab...they still get paid and the union still have leverage, explain to them a yes vote don't mean they HAVE to strike
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
Is my office ?
Bit like blowing both your feet of with a shotgun!greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
-
SpacePhoenix
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 12193
- Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
maybe they are in the minority as rest of office think the rep does a good job.SpacePhoenix wrote:greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...Well they must be actually happy with the office rep, if they aren't, why hasn't anyone put themselves forward to be the new office rep?
-
glfp
- Posts: 71
- Joined: 16 Jan 2008, 14:18
Is my office ?
[
The company wanting major changes and the union and staff fighting it. Then boom!!!! 90 days notice and we were T.U.P.E'd over to the new company. New terms and conditions etc. Got made redundant in the end. Now I'm a postman and I'm getting the same feeling about all this. Time will tell. I'm voting yes by the way. So no bullying comments please.[/quote]
I think this is where we are heading.
I think the final piece of the jigsaw is above.
Royal Mail we be broken up and sold off.
I have heard Terry |Pullinger say to logistics its important you vote to stop RM selling you off.
Parcelforce the same.
If they dont get the agreement they want they will do this.
The fact Moya Greene hasn't sent any top executives into the talks speaks volumes in my mind.
If they dont make an improved offer then my fears will mount.
If they desperately wanted to avert the strike you'd think at least the lump sum wouldn't be pro rata for PT to try and sway them.
We shall see.
The company wanting major changes and the union and staff fighting it. Then boom!!!! 90 days notice and we were T.U.P.E'd over to the new company. New terms and conditions etc. Got made redundant in the end. Now I'm a postman and I'm getting the same feeling about all this. Time will tell. I'm voting yes by the way. So no bullying comments please.[/quote]
I think this is where we are heading.
I think the final piece of the jigsaw is above.
Royal Mail we be broken up and sold off.
I have heard Terry |Pullinger say to logistics its important you vote to stop RM selling you off.
Parcelforce the same.
If they dont get the agreement they want they will do this.
The fact Moya Greene hasn't sent any top executives into the talks speaks volumes in my mind.
If they dont make an improved offer then my fears will mount.
If they desperately wanted to avert the strike you'd think at least the lump sum wouldn't be pro rata for PT to try and sway them.
We shall see.
-
awesomepenguin
- Posts: 122
- Joined: 14 Sep 2016, 20:14
- Gender: Male
Is my office ?
I keep hearing on here people saying "why don't you put yourself forward to be new office rep?" if anyone voices a negative opinion towards their rep or CWU.SpacePhoenix wrote:greengiant wrote:I've heard folk say they'll vote no, because they don't like the office union rep...Well they must be actually happy with the office rep, if they aren't, why hasn't anyone put themselves forward to be the new office rep?
I think members are well within their rights to complain or not be satisfied with the representation they get from their union representative without being obliged to put themselves forward for the position if they do so.
-
MURPHYBROWN
- Posts: 12
- Joined: 02 Aug 2017, 18:35
- Gender: Female
Is my office ?
I think this is where we are heading.glfp wrote:[
The company wanting major changes and the union and staff fighting it. Then boom!!!! 90 days notice and we were T.U.P.E'd over to the new company. New terms and conditions etc. Got made redundant in the end. Now I'm a postman and I'm getting the same feeling about all this. Time will tell. I'm voting yes by the way. So no bullying comments please.
I think the final piece of the jigsaw is above.
Royal Mail we be broken up and sold off.
I have heard Terry |Pullinger say to logistics its important you vote to stop RM selling you off.
Parcelforce the same.
If they dont get the agreement they want they will do this.
The fact Moya Greene hasn't sent any top executives into the talks speaks volumes in my mind.
If they dont make an improved offer then my fears will mount.
If they desperately wanted to avert the strike you'd think at least the lump sum wouldn't be pro rata for PT to try and sway them.
We shall see.[/quote]
This.
It's coming.
May as well strike, then at least there will be no regrets that everything that could be done wasn't tried.