ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Missing Mail .

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
pompeyminky
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 5
Joined: 19 Oct 2009, 00:06
Gender: Male

Missing Mail .

Post by pompeyminky »

Hi guys, after you bit of advice. Over the past month or so I have had personal items of mail ( Bank card & tickets) disappear/not delivered on at least 3 occassions . I don't want to point the finger at anyone in particular at the moment but this has happened over the summer leave period , so not always my usual postman . As an employee I have a wage slip delivered weekly , so 'whoever ' would see I'm an employee even if not in their delivery office. What is most annoying is that someone could possibly be stealing from one of their own which if true, is pretty low. Theft is bad enough and something we should all try to prevent. Any advice would be appreciated many thanks.
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Missing Mail .

Post by k979aaa »

pompeyminky wrote:Hi guys, after you bit of advice. Over the past month or so I have had personal items of mail ( Bank card & tickets) disappear/not delivered on at least 3 occassions . I don't want to point the finger at anyone in particular at the moment but this has happened over the summer leave period , so not always my usual postman . As an employee I have a wage slip delivered weekly , so 'whoever ' would see I'm an employee even if not in their delivery office. What is most annoying is that someone could possibly be stealing from one of their own which if true, is pretty low. Theft is bad enough and something we should all try to prevent. Any advice would be appreciated many thanks.
Send yourself two or three envelopes with folded cardboard in so they look like birthday cards use the stamps you get at Christmas should only cost you the price of an envelope but do it on different days. It could be the postman/woman is crap and your letters have been miss delivered but if the so called card's don't turn up you need to put a complaint in.