ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

I started just over two years ago. Have tried to order replacement items online but it won't let me. I thought you could after two years. Anyone?
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by Creditshampoo »

Get your manager to do it
deltaforce
Posts: 778
Joined: 01 Jan 2009, 15:29
Gender: Male

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by deltaforce »

Any above allocation has to be authorised by line manager.
madmax1
Posts: 72
Joined: 01 Sep 2015, 14:39
Gender: Male

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by madmax1 »

peshwaarinaan wrote:I started just over two years ago. Have tried to order replacement items online but it won't let me. I thought you could after two years. Anyone?
I started same time. Also couldn't re-order uniform online automatically. When I looked into it I think the 2 years is from when you were allowed to put your main order in, which was about 4-6 weeks after starting. I think the 2 years must be from that date maybe?
peshwaarinaan
Posts: 381
Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
Gender: Female

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by peshwaarinaan »

madmax1 wrote:
peshwaarinaan wrote:I started just over two years ago. Have tried to order replacement items online but it won't let me. I thought you could after two years. Anyone?
I started same time. Also couldn't re-order uniform online automatically. When I looked into it I think the 2 years is from when you were allowed to put your main order in, which was about 4-6 weeks after starting. I think the 2 years must be from that date maybe?
Yes I started in the July and it's two years since I received my uniform. I'll ring Dimensions as I'd rather order it myself.
centenaryman
Posts: 512
Joined: 12 Jan 2010, 20:31
Gender: Male

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by centenaryman »

online on the dimension site under documents is the entitlement.....

ie coat every 3 years......cagoule every 2 years.

should be done under trades description....it does say stormproof coat....ive been out in heavy rain several times this week and soaked through.
Ahh my fault....heavy rain isn't a storm.....silly me
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by clashcityrocker »

deltaforce wrote:Any above allocation has to be authorised by line manager.
No it doesn't. When you get to the final page there is a box where you can write why you need to reorder a particular item.
This is then reviewed by the uniform team.
If they refuse the item(s) then you have to get your manager to contact them and authorize it.
I frequently reorder shoes and I am continually over my allocation but I have never needed a manager to authorize them.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
knockoffnigel
Posts: 16
Joined: 26 Mar 2010, 20:03
Gender: Male

How often can you re-order uniform items?

Post by knockoffnigel »

I went onto the website to order some uniform and trainers at the weekend, even though I hadn't ordered anything for ages, it came up as "exceeded allowance" on everything, when I went to "view basket" everything I had tried to order was there, with a green tick against it, so I submitted the order, received confirmation by email, and trainers arrived today!!
There seems to be a glitch on the site!!!