ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
What Am I ?
-
bloot
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
A courier or a postman .
Im starting to think I'm both !!
Im starting to think I'm both !!
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
What Am I ?
Moved from Canteen - more traffic in here................. and it could get interesting.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
Lounge Lizard
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 9458
- Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54
What Am I ?
I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers.
We are postmen, and postwomen.
We are postmen, and postwomen.
-
bloot
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion .Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers.![]()
We are postmen, and postwomen.
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
What Am I ?
And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!bloot wrote:hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion .Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers.![]()
We are postmen, and postwomen.
-
Chitchat
- Posts: 366
- Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
Im pretty sure RM do count DSA. But hey i could be wrongk979aaa wrote:And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!bloot wrote:hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion .Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers.![]()
We are postmen, and postwomen.
-
bloot
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
I'm unsure about wether rm count dsa mail , if they make no money out of it it would seem logical to not count it so they can keep the dark cloud over your head about losing money and the decline in letters , but we still have to deliver it and as i see it trudging round every street on your duty with the the growth of packets and parcels on top off your mail is bloody hard work . It all adds time to allready large duties which allready cant be completed in the time .Chitchat wrote:k979aaa wrote:And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!bloot wrote:hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion .Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers.![]()
We are postmen, and postwomen.
Im pretty sure RM do count DSA. But hey i could be wrong
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
What Am I ?
Not when it comes to mail volumes it does not I did a search on the internet and found that out for myself but how can mail volumes fall 5% a year for 10 years in 10 years time we would have no mail bull Its lost lots but contracts even more than that look at the top corner of the mail stamp. Mailsort is zilch even from 5 years ago yet you are carrying around a loss in profit how do royalmail address this make you take even more race to the bottom while others race to the top MOYA!Chitchat wrote:Im pretty sure RM do count DSA. But hey i could be wrongk979aaa wrote:And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!bloot wrote:hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion .Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers.![]()
We are postmen, and postwomen.
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
You're a spoke in a large wheel with a puncture
-
bloot
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
i'm guessing we all areCreditshampoo wrote:You're a spoke in a large wheel with a puncture
-
jetblack
- Posts: 974
- Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
This is interesting. Can anyone corroborate it ?k979aaa wrote: .. royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO
Re. What am I ?
I'm pink therefore I'm spam.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
-
bloot
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
Re. What am I ?
I'm pink therefore I'm spam.[/quote]

I'm pink therefore I'm spam.[/quote]
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
What Am I ?
You are hardworking people,out in all weathers,sometimes you are the only person especially the elderly and the lonely that they see,people smile at you and say hello Postie,you are sometimes bullied and spoken to appallingly by so called managers,even though you work hard,you feel undervalued a lot of the time,you are a pillar of the community,and its about time you were given the respect and appreciation from those up above,for without you they would not have a job.You are the Postie!!
-
k979aaa
- Posts: 12578
- Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
- Gender: Male
- Location: THE NORTH
What Am I ?
ThanksBrandy wrote:You are hardworking people,out in all weathers,sometimes you are the only person especially the elderly and the lonely that they see,people smile at you and say hello Postie,you are sometimes bullied and spoken to appallingly by so called managers,even though you work hard,you feel undervalued a lot of the time,you are a pillar of the community,and its about time you were given the respect and appreciation from those up above,for without you they would not have a job.You are the Postie!!
-
bloot
- Posts: 53
- Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
- Gender: Male
What Am I ?
and its so terrible that with the pressures with added workload and trying to complete that the days of the being polite and having a few mins to chat to the elderly/lonely/customers seems to be gradually dissappearing . All for profit .Brandy wrote:You are hardworking people,out in all weathers,sometimes you are the only person especially the elderly and the lonely that they see,people smile at you and say hello Postie,you are sometimes bullied and spoken to appallingly by so called managers,even though you work hard,you feel undervalued a lot of the time,you are a pillar of the community,and its about time you were given the respect and appreciation from those up above,for without you they would not have a job.You are the Postie!!