ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

What Am I ?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
bloot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by bloot »

A courier or a postman .

Im starting to think I'm both !!
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

What Am I ?

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

Moved from Canteen - more traffic in here................. and it could get interesting.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

What Am I ?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers. :thumbdown
We are postmen, and postwomen. :thumbup
bloot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by bloot »

Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers. :thumbdown
We are postmen, and postwomen. :thumbup
hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion . :thumbup
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

What Am I ?

Post by k979aaa »

bloot wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers. :thumbdown
We are postmen, and postwomen. :thumbup
hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion . :thumbup
And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!
Chitchat
Posts: 366
Joined: 30 Jan 2013, 15:18
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by Chitchat »

k979aaa wrote:
bloot wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers. :thumbdown
We are postmen, and postwomen. :thumbup
hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion . :thumbup
And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!
Im pretty sure RM do count DSA. But hey i could be wrong
bloot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by bloot »

Chitchat wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
bloot wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers. :thumbdown
We are postmen, and postwomen. :thumbup
hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion . :thumbup
And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!


Im pretty sure RM do count DSA. But hey i could be wrong
I'm unsure about wether rm count dsa mail , if they make no money out of it it would seem logical to not count it so they can keep the dark cloud over your head about losing money and the decline in letters , but we still have to deliver it and as i see it trudging round every street on your duty with the the growth of packets and parcels on top off your mail is bloody hard work . It all adds time to allready large duties which allready cant be completed in the time .
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

What Am I ?

Post by k979aaa »

Chitchat wrote:
k979aaa wrote:
bloot wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:I always thought a courier to be a person that takes messages, letters, or parcels from one person or place to another, the implication being one message, letter or parcel at a time so I don't consider us or any of the parcel delivery companies we're competing against to be couriers. :thumbdown
We are postmen, and postwomen. :thumbup
hermes for example offer a job called a "lifestyle courier" which handles small packets and parcels delivered in the drivers local vacinity , yes they are self employed . They only deal with packets and parcels , what i'm getting at is with the growth of packets and parcels and may i hasten to add not only small packets and parcels but large ones too onto our duties is making things extremely tough on the postmen/women who dont just have to deliver possibly only one or two packets / parcels per street but also their mail . I dont agree that mail is decreasing , possibly stamped mail but franked mail , uk mail etc etc doesnt seem to have dropped .just my opinion . :thumbup
And you are quite right in that stamped mail is down but did you and everyone else know royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO it is some crazy s**t dreamed by Peter Manhandleson the sectary of state for business when NEW LABOUR was in charge or as I call them champagne socalights In it for themselfs!
Im pretty sure RM do count DSA. But hey i could be wrong
Not when it comes to mail volumes it does not I did a search on the internet and found that out for myself but how can mail volumes fall 5% a year for 10 years in 10 years time we would have no mail bull Its lost lots but contracts even more than that look at the top corner of the mail stamp. Mailsort is zilch even from 5 years ago yet you are carrying around a loss in profit how do royalmail address this make you take even more race to the bottom while others race to the top MOYA!
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by Creditshampoo »

You're a spoke in a large wheel with a puncture
bloot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by bloot »

Creditshampoo wrote:You're a spoke in a large wheel with a puncture
i'm guessing we all are :thumbup
jetblack
Posts: 974
Joined: 15 Apr 2011, 12:54
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by jetblack »

k979aaa wrote: .. royalmail don't count DSA mail as they don't earn anything from it. It costs royalmail more to deliver it than they make from it and it is subsidised by the price in parcels yet parcels are not in the USO yet other companies have access to our network via the USO
This is interesting. Can anyone corroborate it ?

Re. What am I ?

I'm pink therefore I'm spam.
Good security means trying to limit the damage a Trusted role can do
bloot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by bloot »

Re. What am I ?

I'm pink therefore I'm spam.[/quote]

:dance
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

What Am I ?

Post by Brandy »

You are hardworking people,out in all weathers,sometimes you are the only person especially the elderly and the lonely that they see,people smile at you and say hello Postie,you are sometimes bullied and spoken to appallingly by so called managers,even though you work hard,you feel undervalued a lot of the time,you are a pillar of the community,and its about time you were given the respect and appreciation from those up above,for without you they would not have a job.You are the Postie!!
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

What Am I ?

Post by k979aaa »

Brandy wrote:You are hardworking people,out in all weathers,sometimes you are the only person especially the elderly and the lonely that they see,people smile at you and say hello Postie,you are sometimes bullied and spoken to appallingly by so called managers,even though you work hard,you feel undervalued a lot of the time,you are a pillar of the community,and its about time you were given the respect and appreciation from those up above,for without you they would not have a job.You are the Postie!!
Thanks :Applause
bloot
Posts: 53
Joined: 08 Oct 2015, 20:57
Gender: Male

What Am I ?

Post by bloot »

Brandy wrote:You are hardworking people,out in all weathers,sometimes you are the only person especially the elderly and the lonely that they see,people smile at you and say hello Postie,you are sometimes bullied and spoken to appallingly by so called managers,even though you work hard,you feel undervalued a lot of the time,you are a pillar of the community,and its about time you were given the respect and appreciation from those up above,for without you they would not have a job.You are the Postie!!
and its so terrible that with the pressures with added workload and trying to complete that the days of the being polite and having a few mins to chat to the elderly/lonely/customers seems to be gradually dissappearing . All for profit .