ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Am I missing something here?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

Ok so the company's propaganda machine is trotting out shite at full speed. Can somebody tell me how can RM threaten to withdraw some the protection of our terms in the 2013 agreement for growth etc because we are being balloted soon?
1, they want to stop the db pension?
2, they want to abolish legacy payments?
3,they want to change our sick pay arrangements?
4, they want to change the way we operate (start later) ?
Plus I'm sure there are more bits I am not too brushed up on, but all these changes are protected until 2019 in the agreement so how can they legally expect to inflict these draconian ideas on us until after 2019? As in the topic title it's a?????? From me
User avatar
POSTMAN
SITE ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 32798
Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by POSTMAN »

As Clash posted earlier...
7 Exceptional Circumstances

7.1 The Employer shall be entitled to notify the CWU at any time that any of the Protections will no longer continue, if any of the following exceptional circumstances apply:

e) if there is national-scale industrial action (in the form of a strike or action short of a strike) which has been authorised at national level by the CWU, namely industrial action which either (i) involves employees in the majority of operational workplaces across Royal Mail Group Limited; or (ii) involves employees in an integral part of the operation whereby taking action will have, or is reasonably likely to have, a similarly disruptive effect.
Plus it's their business and they can do what they want, it's only because of us sticking together and with the help of the union they don't do it willy nilly.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
ernieshoe
Posts: 117
Joined: 07 Dec 2016, 15:40
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by ernieshoe »

Jonesy 1971 wrote:Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
real life.
Ambition
Drive
or stay at the bottom of the heap
You made your bed
you can always leave ?
nobodies forcing you to stay !
:Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

And no one was asking you to comment........ not everyone is happy to just sit and take what's being offered without question like you obviously are!
panch1989
Posts: 104
Joined: 25 Jul 2014, 07:44
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by panch1989 »

Ignore ernieshoe. Must be an old timer whos almost out. Just wants to troll people here instead
BeamishStout
Posts: 387
Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by BeamishStout »

I suspect that RM would love to take on people on zero hour contracts as well. Employ more agency staff etc etc and basically drive the costs lower and lower. Of the 4 pillars (legal protections or rather their removal) this is possibly one that RM might have a field day with.
Jonesy 1971
Posts: 64
Joined: 14 Oct 2015, 14:06
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by Jonesy 1971 »

Panch-yeah yr probably right, Beamish-it seems that cost cutting is all they are interested in let's just hope there's a big enough yes vote.
30+YEARMAN
Posts: 253
Joined: 25 Nov 2010, 17:46
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by 30+YEARMAN »

panch1989 wrote:Ignore ernieshoe. Must be an old timer whos almost out. Just wants to troll people here instead
Perhaps he's not and never was a Postman :hmmmm
Aquarius
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 148
Joined: 20 Apr 2008, 11:40

Am I missing something here?

Post by Aquarius »

BeamishStout wrote:I suspect that RM would love to take on people on zero hour contracts as well. Employ more agency staff etc etc and basically drive the costs lower and lower. Of the 4 pillars (legal protections or rather their removal) this is possibly one that RM might have a field day with.
RM would 100% absolutely go that route if they could right now - make no mistake about that whatsoever

Zero hour contracts
Agency/Casual workers as the norm not the exception
Franchise Delivery/Operations

Slash and burn is the end game if they could get away with it.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Am I missing something here?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

ernieshoe wrote:
Jonesy 1971 wrote:Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
real life.
Ambition
Drive
or stay at of the bottom of the heap
You made your bed
you can always leave ?
nobodies forcing you to stay !
:Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
ernie,
Everyone else on here knows that a "yes" vote is the only way of preventing us dropping to "the bottom of the heap". :thumbup
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by sweepster70 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
ernieshoe wrote:
Jonesy 1971 wrote:Yep thanks POSTMAN I get that bit! but maybe I wasn't very clear in my post. Is it not because they are intending to shaft us in the first place that we are being balloted? Any ways it's a yes vote for me cos I can't get past the fact as previously referenced " Missing Moyà " thinks it's fair for her and her board get 20 odd % pay rises AND bonuses and we get Jack s**t!
real life.
Ambition
Drive
or stay at of the bottom of the heap
You made your bed
you can always leave ?
nobodies forcing you to stay !
:Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo! :Boo hoo!
ernie,
Everyone else on here knows that a "yes" vote is the only way of preventing us dropping to "the bottom of the heap". :thumbup
Good old ernie is just a wind up, he's not a Postman. From his posts, I can only speculate that he's a sad individual. Why else would someone post such contempt towards us.
The best thing to do is ignore him.
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by Dorset Plodder »

POSTMAN wrote:As Clash posted earlier...
7 Exceptional Circumstances

7.1 The Employer shall be entitled to notify the CWU at any time that any of the Protections will no longer continue, if any of the following exceptional circumstances apply:

e) if there is national-scale industrial action (in the form of a strike or action short of a strike) which has been authorised at national level by the CWU, namely industrial action which either (i) involves employees in the majority of operational workplaces across Royal Mail Group Limited; or (ii) involves employees in an integral part of the operation whereby taking action will have, or is reasonably likely to have, a similarly disruptive effect.
Plus it's their business and they can do what they want, it's only because of us sticking together and with the help of the union they don't do it willy nilly.
If I was into conspiracy theories I might think that Royal Mail Management was engineering a Strike just so they could end the current agreements 2 years early. :hmmmm But the only way to avoid that would be to vote against a Strike, which would play into their hands anyway. :d'oh! The question is do you think RM has the brains at the top to mastermind such a plan..... oh to be a fly on the wall at Moya's Board Meetings. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

Am I missing something here?

Post by fishtank »

Well Mr Pullinger stood up and told me personally in a room full of reps back in 2013 that the legal protections were in no shape or form a "no strike agreement" so it looks like his words will be tested.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
k979aaa
Posts: 12578
Joined: 03 Sep 2007, 19:14
Gender: Male
Location: THE NORTH

Am I missing something here?

Post by k979aaa »

fishtank wrote:Well Mr Pullinger stood up and told me personally in a room full of reps back in 2013 that the legal protections were in no shape or form a "no strike agreement" so it looks like his words will be tested.
Well would it have got to this point without Royalmail riding rough shot over everything from day one sooner or later the legal protections are only as good as the paper they are written on and the courts in the land and that's changed since last year. For too long Royalmail has pushed us all now we should push back before we are but slaves with an less than fair master stand now or repent in an existence instead of a life worth living. We should have pensions healthcare education and a right not to be forced to work in any conditions just because somebody wants it to be mega rich god is £2 million not enough probably don't even pay tax on it Well I do and am proud of it! Enough is Enough time to fight time to pick sides!