ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
-
gerrys
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 16:15
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
Put on walk today ,never done before ....got well a truly lost ended up going around in circles for about 15 mins, stressed me out BIGTIME!,never been coached on new PDAs so how do you get the navigation system on your PDA & more importantly how do you turn it off because that voice never seems to stop talking!cheers
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
3 little bars top right corner hit it then a drop down box opens Phone Sat Nav etc.
-
gerrys
- Posts: 33
- Joined: 03 Sep 2011, 16:15
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
Thanks for quick reply will check it out tomorrow, kindest regards
-
blisterfeet
- Posts: 103
- Joined: 13 Jun 2012, 18:48
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
Swap you for mine, I can never turn the damn thing offgerrys wrote:Put on walk today ,never done before ....got well a truly lost ended up going around in circles for about 15 mins, stressed me out BIGTIME!,never been coached on new PDAs so how do you get the navigation system on your PDA & more importantly how do you turn it off because that voice never seems to stop talking!cheers
-
Janet Brum
- Posts: 886
- Joined: 28 Sep 2016, 19:52
- Gender: Female
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
You can turn it off by removing the battery 
-
Nigel1505
- Posts: 409
- Joined: 10 Jun 2010, 08:24
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
Put in your pocket, then after a while it will tell you every drive is a restricted road. Don't you just love it. 
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
I use Nav when I get a Parcel Van Duty and I find it very useful. I had no training on how to use it just spent a bit of time finding my way around it. I have used various Sat Nav systems in the past, so I have a bit of knowledge on how they work.
When on a van duty, I add all the addresses in, I normally split it into groups of 20-30 addresses and it then optimize route and it sorts them out into a logical order, without doing U turns.
I find on the main menu in Nav make sure its on Drive and when on Walk the unit just freezes up and doesn't really work. I also make sure the Recent destinations is emptied, as that seems to make it work a little better.
The easiest way to turn it off, if the back button (curved arrow button on lower left) doesn't work, press the main power button on top to put unit into standby then pressed power button again then it goes back to main screen and press "Outdoor" again, to get back to Scanning screen, and the voice doesn't keep disturbing your sleep........
When on a van duty, I add all the addresses in, I normally split it into groups of 20-30 addresses and it then optimize route and it sorts them out into a logical order, without doing U turns.
I find on the main menu in Nav make sure its on Drive and when on Walk the unit just freezes up and doesn't really work. I also make sure the Recent destinations is emptied, as that seems to make it work a little better.
The easiest way to turn it off, if the back button (curved arrow button on lower left) doesn't work, press the main power button on top to put unit into standby then pressed power button again then it goes back to main screen and press "Outdoor" again, to get back to Scanning screen, and the voice doesn't keep disturbing your sleep........
-
Kings Norton
- Posts: 320
- Joined: 20 Nov 2012, 17:20
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
It would be fine if you could turn the volume down but I can't find that option. Cheap crap again. Yodel have a small lookalike phone lot better.
-
elteleltel
- Posts: 120
- Joined: 16 Oct 2009, 17:27
- Gender: Male
- Location: Hertfordshire
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
I like putting in a random destination and hearing the voice saying "take the next left on ....rd " etc Often seems to want to take me down some very random rds
-
Stewface
- Posts: 47
- Joined: 01 Feb 2015, 18:12
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
I've not found a way to adjust the volume. I don't think there is a way, as I've spent a lot of time messing around with PDA and Nav. I think it can do a lot more than we have access to, again RM don't trust us.......Kings Norton wrote:It would be fine if you could turn the volume down but I can't find that option. Cheap crap again. Yodel have a small lookalike phone lot better.
-
sussexlad
- Posts: 161
- Joined: 28 Oct 2013, 21:52
- Gender: Male
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
Tap on the circle button which is at the bottom on the right hand side, this brings up the volume menu which you can expand by tapping on the little arrow at the bottom of the menu. Here you can change a range of volume settings like how loud the PDA beeps when you scan something , so just find the slider control to reduce the overall volume which should reduce the satnav volume.Stewface wrote:I've not found a way to adjust the volume. I don't think there is a way, as I've spent a lot of time messing around with PDA and Nav. I think it can do a lot more than we have access to, again RM don't trust us.......Kings Norton wrote:It would be fine if you could turn the volume down but I can't find that option. Cheap crap again. Yodel have a small lookalike phone lot better.
-
crazyshrew
- Posts: 584
- Joined: 19 Jun 2011, 16:58
- Gender: Female
- Location: Coastal, South West
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
How do you access the navigation mode on PDA?
Completly by accident, somehow switches itself on. The first I know about it is when my bag starts screaming at me, usually telling me off for being on a restricted use road/path.
Completely shutting the program down is the challenge I face. Every time I think I've managed it, its only 5 minutes before I'm getting yelled at again.
Completly by accident, somehow switches itself on. The first I know about it is when my bag starts screaming at me, usually telling me off for being on a restricted use road/path.
Completely shutting the program down is the challenge I face. Every time I think I've managed it, its only 5 minutes before I'm getting yelled at again.