ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
2pm til 9pm.
-
templar
- Posts: 17
- Joined: 08 Mar 2011, 16:52
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Keep hearing that ultimately this is Royal mail's preferred delivery duty structure.
Our dim is convinced this will be here within 5 years.
What a complete turnaround from the hours we first joined up for.
Of all the many issues that the four pillars campaign are trying to address, this (pipeline) in my mind; is the most important. A complete lifestyle change would be required. Many now working in delivery would never have entered into the job if they were the advertised hours.
I've done a fair few years so I appreciate that for many young guns it's the pension that matters most, but for me this would mean the end of the road in this company.
Which I suppose, is what they want.
Our dim is convinced this will be here within 5 years.
What a complete turnaround from the hours we first joined up for.
Of all the many issues that the four pillars campaign are trying to address, this (pipeline) in my mind; is the most important. A complete lifestyle change would be required. Many now working in delivery would never have entered into the job if they were the advertised hours.
I've done a fair few years so I appreciate that for many young guns it's the pension that matters most, but for me this would mean the end of the road in this company.
Which I suppose, is what they want.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Outside of the office, I enjoy working for RM. But if we moved to 2-9pm, I'd be looking for another job.templar wrote:Keep hearing that ultimately this is Royal mail's preferred delivery duty structure.
Our dim is convinced this will be here within 5 years.
What a complete turnaround from the hours we first joined up for.
Of all the many issues that the four pillars campaign are trying to address, this (pipeline) in my mind; is the most important. A complete lifestyle change would be required. Many now working in delivery would never have entered into the job if they were the advertised hours.
I've done a fair few years so I appreciate that for many young guns it's the pension that matters most, but for me this would mean the end of the road in this company.
Which I suppose, is what they want.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Surely that would just be packets/parcels like other couriers.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
I would hope so. Although many part-time contracts don't state fixed set of hours so with notice my hours can be changed and there's probably very little we can do about it. The only thing I can think of here is that RM will employ a new set of parcel delivery people who will solely deliver parcels between these hours.POSTMAN wrote:Surely that would just be packets/parcels like other couriers.
-
Pidleypoo
- Posts: 705
- Joined: 17 Dec 2014, 10:05
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
If that happens, prepare for a mass exodus.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
I'm not going to do 9-5 or 10-6 or whatever they're proposing.
It is just far too much of a change and would lead to us having virtually no life outside of work.
-
Captain Scarlet
- Posts: 322
- Joined: 02 Jul 2007, 15:23
- Location: Fifer
2pm til 9pm.
Royal Mail could impose these hours if they tore up our current contracts using TUPE rules and regs, then it would be up to you if you accepted new hours of work and there would have to be a change to the USO 
-
BeamishStout
- Posts: 387
- Joined: 19 Sep 2012, 14:42
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Which is why the pillar 'An extension to our legally binding agreements' is something that the CWU must achieve in the outcome.Captain Scarlet wrote:Royal Mail could impose these hours if they tore up our current contracts using TUPE rules and regs, then it would be up to you if you accepted new hours of work and there would have to be a change to the USO
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
2pm til 9pm.
Captain Scarlet wrote:Royal Mail could impose these hours if they tore up our current contracts using TUPE rules and regs, then it would be up to you if you accepted new hours of work and there would have to be a change to the USO
I may be wrong but I don't think there has to be a change to the USO. That only requires 1 delivery per day, there is no time limit imposed by the regulator. The current last letter is a Royal Mail target nothing else.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
arnold cheshire
- Posts: 5309
- Joined: 14 Oct 2010, 21:28
- Gender: Male
- Location: england
2pm til 9pm.
No football on Saturdays
-
greengiant
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1268
- Joined: 24 Mar 2014, 19:40
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Delivering letters at 9pm on a dark winters night? 
-
LouBarlow
- Posts: 4709
- Joined: 15 Oct 2007, 18:56
2pm til 9pm.
I wish I worked in an office where that was a possibility now. 3pm has been our Saturday finish time for years. I think some of you are in for a shock no matter what eventually happens in this dispute.arnold cheshire wrote:No football on Saturdays
-
malcolm3011
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 303
- Joined: 05 Aug 2010, 18:42
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
How could you possibly deliver mail for almost 5 hours in the dark, surely this is a H&S issue 
-
Ozzvaldo
- Posts: 476
- Joined: 15 Jul 2012, 20:35
- Gender: Female
2pm til 9pm.
Non at my office since park and loop was introduced 6 years ago. When I'm on holiday I usually chat with the local posties I bump into and I'm amazed at the number who finish at 1.30pm or earlier. They are equally amazed when I tell them about our wagon arrival times (last one at 8.30am), first letter in (usually about 10.15-10.30am and, more importantly, 3pm (or later) finishing time. Some of our rurals have a finishing time of 5pm. This is with "normal" levels of mail.arnold cheshire wrote:No football on Saturdays
-
TheTrolleyMan
- Posts: 776
- Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
Roll on late shift allowance !
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
2pm til 9pm.
A later than 2pm finish is out for me, family reasons, and I'm in over 30 years so I'd be looking to get out.