ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Moya must go?

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by rambo1 »

When a football team get relegated, normally the manager is looking for another job. Now we're out of the ftse100 and into the 250 is Moya going to fall on her sword? My guess is she won't like not being one of six female bosses in the 100 so will be flying over to Easy jet and back into the 100. Just a guess.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

rambo1 wrote:When a football team get relegated, normally the manager is looking for another job. Now we're out of the ftse100 and into the 250 is Moya going to fall on her sword? My guess is she won't like not being one of six female bosses in the 100 so will be flying over to Easy jet and back into the 100. Just a guess.
She will get a nice bonus more like it :arrrghhh
wacko74
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 1572
Joined: 04 Apr 2009, 20:35
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by wacko74 »

Moya and the Board have completely failed to move the business forward and challenge the competition with new and innovative products and services, instead they've done little more than act as asset strippers would do with a failed business, whilst rewarding themselves very generous pay and bonus packages.

They've proved they're completely out of their depth, clueless and incompetent.

I've said before, it takes a very special kind of incompetence for a CEO and Board to piss off the employees AND customers AND shareholders of a company.. but Moya and her board have achieved that dubious distinction.

The only thing preventing widespread shareholder revolt (just yet) is the reasonable divi, which will still keep many income investors satisfied, but if that gets reduced then there will be blood!
TheTrolleyMan
Posts: 776
Joined: 13 Mar 2017, 15:39
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by TheTrolleyMan »

Ive heard Phillip Green is looking for new staff
worktotime
Posts: 2866
Joined: 14 May 2010, 20:47
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by worktotime »

wacko74 wrote:Moya and the Board have completely failed to move the business forward and challenge the competition with new and innovative products and services, instead they've done little more than act as asset strippers would do with a failed business, whilst rewarding themselves very generous pay and bonus packages.

They've proved they're completely out of their depth, clueless and incompetent.

I've said before, it takes a very special kind of incompetence for a CEO and Board to piss off the employees AND customers AND shareholders of a company.. but Moya and her board have achieved that dubious distinction.

The only thing preventing widespread shareholder revolt (just yet) is the reasonable divi, which will still keep many income investors satisfied, but if that gets reduced then there will be blood!
well said :Applause :Applause
Darren Bent
Posts: 2150
Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
Gender: Male
Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL

Moya must go?

Post by Darren Bent »

Problem is who can fire her ?
rubberbond
Posts: 1497
Joined: 24 Aug 2014, 16:03
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by rubberbond »

Darren Bent wrote:Problem is who can fire her ?
The shareholders.
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by CPTNemoUK »

rubberbond wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Problem is who can fire her ?
The shareholders.
I think 90% of the work force would like to do the honours :cuppa
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by Jpro747 »

CPTNemoUK wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Problem is who can fire her ?
The shareholders.
I think 90% of the work force would like to do the honours :cuppa
Well we are shareholders (those who haven't sold), so what are we waiting for :thumbup
postslippete
Posts: 4196
Joined: 14 Jul 2014, 16:27
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by postslippete »

She's been quite savvy as she already has one foot in another door. CEOs seem to move around different companies with relative ease anyway. I think she has outlived her usefulness
On the face of it, shareholder value is the dumbest idea in the world.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Moya must go?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

Jpro747 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Problem is who can fire her ?
The shareholders.
I think 90% of the work force would like to do the honours :cuppa
Well we are shareholders (those who haven't sold), so what are we waiting for :thumbup
I might own a few shares, not that I really wanted them, but that doesn't make me think of myself as a shareholder. :thumbdown
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by bigal383 »

Maybe the union should hold these strikes also to get rid of her as shes f****d canada post up no doubt she wants to cost us all our jobs one way traffic with her incharge get rid!!!
eastie
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 2234
Joined: 16 Jun 2011, 15:32
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by eastie »

Jpro747 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Problem is who can fire her ?
The shareholders.
I think 90% of the work force would like to do the honours :cuppa
Well we are shareholders (those who haven't sold), so what are we waiting for :thumbup
We can every year when they get voted in at the AGM but most posties just throw the letter in the bin when asked to vote :roll:
rambo1
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 3266
Joined: 12 Jun 2013, 20:00
Gender: Male

Moya must go?

Post by rambo1 »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Problem is who can fire her ?
The shareholders.
I think 90% of the work force would like to do the honours :cuppa
Well we are shareholders (those who haven't sold), so what are we waiting for :thumbup
I might own a few shares, not that I really wanted them, but that doesn't make me think of myself as a shareholder. :thumbdown
For starters, why didn't you want the shares, btw, you had chance to opt out, and why do you not think of yourself as a shareholder? People on this forum throw the word shareholders around like its a dirty word.
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Moya must go?

Post by Lounge Lizard »

rambo1 wrote:
Lounge Lizard wrote:
Jpro747 wrote:
CPTNemoUK wrote:
rubberbond wrote:
Darren Bent wrote:Problem is who can fire her ?
The shareholders.
I think 90% of the work force would like to do the honours :cuppa
Well we are shareholders (those who haven't sold), so what are we waiting for :thumbup
I might own a few shares, not that I really wanted them, but that doesn't make me think of myself as a shareholder. :thumbdown
For starters, why didn't you want the shares, btw, you had chance to opt out, and why do you not think of yourself as a shareholder? People on this forum throw the word shareholders around like its a dirty word.
For starters I didn't want the shares because I had no interest in being a shareholder. :sad:
Maybe I had a chance to opt out but I couldn't be bothered just like I couldn't now be bothered to even open the Courier.
I don't think of myself as a shareholder because I think of shareholders as having some influence in the company which I don't.
People on this forum throw the word shareholders around like its a dirty word because it means f**k all to them.