ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Straining at the leash!

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
fly-catchers
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 573
Joined: 05 Oct 2008, 16:38
Gender: Male

Straining at the leash!

Post by fly-catchers »

I have always tended to get my delivery done in the correct delivery span. But because a younger "runner" does it on my day off I have had bits added on from two other rounds. Now when I get back barely on time (but I won't go over!) these people plus others are already ready to go home and as soon as I appear through the door the DOM shouts alright you can go now!! You get crushed in the rush to the exit even when there is still another 10-15 minutes left of the day! What a marvellous firm to work for!!
CPTNemoUK
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 707
Joined: 03 Oct 2013, 10:13
Gender: Male

Straining at the leash!

Post by CPTNemoUK »

Are you saying the dom keeps people back till everyone has completed if so :Applause
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Straining at the leash!

Post by Jpro747 »

Bet they were banging on the door to start early as well :roll:
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

Straining at the leash!

Post by aiden01 »

fly-catchers wrote:I have always tended to get my delivery done in the correct delivery span. But because a younger "runner" does it on my day off I have had bits added on from two other rounds. Now when I get back barely on time (but I won't go over!) these people plus others are already ready to go home and as soon as I appear through the door the DOM shouts alright you can go now!! You get crushed in the rush to the exit even when there is still another 10-15 minutes left of the day! What a marvellous firm to work for!!
So you must have finished early until you got those bits added on so what's your problem. take your time and hand some back saying you can't finish on time :thumbup
Jpro747
Posts: 1342
Joined: 23 Dec 2012, 10:22
Gender: Male

Straining at the leash!

Post by Jpro747 »

Who else thought this topic would be about dogs :chuckle
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Straining at the leash!

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Jpro747 wrote:Who else thought this topic would be about dogs :chuckle
I thought it would have been about the Runners who come in early to supposedly prep an extra duty & do IPS and just get their own duty ready. Then they're hassling the PHG to give them their Specials so they can get out on delivery early! God forbid if there's a WTLL session.... you'll really hear them whinge then. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)