i have been a postie for 26 years, and left for a short while. when I came back to the job my holiday entitlement should have carried on from where it left off, but instead I was put back on 23days. I pushed to get it changed and have been offered 367 hours. was originally told I would be paid within 2-3 weeks but have now been told i have to take it as leave as that is company policy which I'm not keen to do as with holiday already booked between now and march I have to book 13 weeks which seems extreme.
Is there anyone who has had this that has been paid for something like this or anybody knows if this is actually company policy
thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
backdated holiday entitlement
-
Creditshampoo
- Posts: 1189
- Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
- Gender: Male
backdated holiday entitlement
That sure will be hard. Take 13 weeks off and enjoy while we strike
-
aiden01
- MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
- Posts: 7001
- Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
- Gender: Male
backdated holiday entitlement
Was billy Hayes not paid his owed leave a few years ago.arycay wrote:i have been a postie for 26 years, and left for a short while. when I came back to the job my holiday entitlement should have carried on from where it left off, but instead I was put back on 23days. I pushed to get it changed and have been offered 367 hours. was originally told I would be paid within 2-3 weeks but have now been told i have to take it as leave as that is company policy which I'm not keen to do as with holiday already booked between now and march I have to book 13 weeks which seems extreme.
Is there anyone who has had this that has been paid for something like this or anybody knows if this is actually company policy
thanks
-
fishtank
- Posts: 19732
- Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
- Gender: Male
backdated holiday entitlement
It's company policy that untaken leave cannot be taken as cash, it's stated in the way forward agreement however this is their mistake not yours and the resolution should be to your satisfaction.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
backdated holiday entitlement
Billy Hayes didn't work for RM though did he?aiden01 wrote: Was billy Hayes not paid his owed leave a few years ago.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
sweepster70
- Posts: 500
- Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
- Gender: Male
backdated holiday entitlement
Billy Hayes worked as a Postman for quite a while before moving up the Union ranks.clashcityrocker wrote:Billy Hayes didn't work for RM though did he?aiden01 wrote: Was billy Hayes not paid his owed leave a few years ago.