ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

backdated holiday entitlement

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
arycay
Posts: 1
Joined: 19 Apr 2010, 22:04
Gender: Male

backdated holiday entitlement

Post by arycay »

i have been a postie for 26 years, and left for a short while. when I came back to the job my holiday entitlement should have carried on from where it left off, but instead I was put back on 23days. I pushed to get it changed and have been offered 367 hours. was originally told I would be paid within 2-3 weeks but have now been told i have to take it as leave as that is company policy which I'm not keen to do as with holiday already booked between now and march I have to book 13 weeks which seems extreme.

Is there anyone who has had this that has been paid for something like this or anybody knows if this is actually company policy

thanks
Creditshampoo
Posts: 1189
Joined: 06 Oct 2014, 19:48
Gender: Male

backdated holiday entitlement

Post by Creditshampoo »

That sure will be hard. Take 13 weeks off and enjoy while we strike
aiden01
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 7001
Joined: 27 Feb 2013, 21:43
Gender: Male

backdated holiday entitlement

Post by aiden01 »

arycay wrote:i have been a postie for 26 years, and left for a short while. when I came back to the job my holiday entitlement should have carried on from where it left off, but instead I was put back on 23days. I pushed to get it changed and have been offered 367 hours. was originally told I would be paid within 2-3 weeks but have now been told i have to take it as leave as that is company policy which I'm not keen to do as with holiday already booked between now and march I have to book 13 weeks which seems extreme.

Is there anyone who has had this that has been paid for something like this or anybody knows if this is actually company policy

thanks
Was billy Hayes not paid his owed leave a few years ago. :hmmmm
fishtank
Posts: 19732
Joined: 28 Sep 2007, 17:22
Gender: Male

backdated holiday entitlement

Post by fishtank »

It's company policy that untaken leave cannot be taken as cash, it's stated in the way forward agreement however this is their mistake not yours and the resolution should be to your satisfaction.
good times, bad times you know I've had my share
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

backdated holiday entitlement

Post by clashcityrocker »

aiden01 wrote: Was billy Hayes not paid his owed leave a few years ago. :hmmmm
Billy Hayes didn't work for RM though did he?
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
sweepster70
Posts: 500
Joined: 24 Jul 2017, 23:16
Gender: Male

backdated holiday entitlement

Post by sweepster70 »

clashcityrocker wrote:
aiden01 wrote: Was billy Hayes not paid his owed leave a few years ago. :hmmmm
Billy Hayes didn't work for RM though did he?
Billy Hayes worked as a Postman for quite a while before moving up the Union ranks.