ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Buying extra Holiday Leave

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
mal
Posts: 31
Joined: 08 Apr 2007, 23:29

Buying extra Holiday Leave

Post by mal »

Hi I was wondering if anyone could point me the direction of the policy document that allows Royal Mail staff to purchase extra leave or even the actual application form,or would this only be available from the local Resource Unit.
jack~jack
Posts: 62
Joined: 09 Mar 2014, 10:04
Gender: Male

Buying extra Holiday Leave

Post by jack~jack »

When this was first introduced many years ago. Our dom gave a team brief that anyone who purchased leave was an idiot and needed their head looking. Well ,straight after I went in his office and applied. It was one of the best things i've done at royal mail.Six weeks off a year. So just ask your manager to sort it out.
mal
Posts: 31
Joined: 08 Apr 2007, 23:29

Buying extra Holiday Leave

Post by mal »

Cheers for that jack-jack.I do not want to go near management,I don't actually need or want extra leave ,it's for a case and don't want to give them a headsup,i just want a copy of the policy.Should have said ,I only wanted to know if it is restricted to one extra week.
TrueBlueTerrier
FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
Posts: 72733
Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
Gender: Male
Location: On my couch

Buying extra Holiday Leave

Post by TrueBlueTerrier »

http://www.cwu.org/media/5718/the-way-f ... 015doc.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Page 18

Not much though.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

Buying extra Holiday Leave

Post by clashcityrocker »

mal wrote: I only wanted to know if it is restricted to one extra week.
It is up to 6 weeks.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
mal
Posts: 31
Joined: 08 Apr 2007, 23:29

Buying extra Holiday Leave

Post by mal »

Cheers for the replies clashcityrocker and Trueblue terrier ,I never even thought of looking at Way Forward,that answers my question.