Hi all,
I am on a twenty hour contract, Wednesday to Saturday. I have read on here that if you attend work for four or more days per week, you are entitled to all of the bank holidays. Is this correct? If so, would that mean 5 hours worth of entitlement for a bank holiday? Even though my contract states that I am Wednesday to Saturday?
I have been regularly working full time hours.
Thanks
ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Annual leave entitlement
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Annual leave entitlement
Yes - the number of hours used for holiday purposes would be the contractual hours for that particular day or Leiu day.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
tapnam
- Posts: 2
- Joined: 24 Aug 2017, 15:17
- Gender: Female
Annual leave entitlement
Thank you very much for that. If I have been working 40+ hours per week, would that entitle me to the full time hours for the bank holiday? Or does it just go by my contractual hours?
Thanks again
Thanks again
-
joewyan
- Posts: 382
- Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
- Gender: Male
Annual leave entitlement
Holiday is based only on your contracted hours. Therefore you wouldn't get paid anything. I'm not sure on how it works if Monday is usually your day off though, I think you might be entitled to a different day off that week instead?tapnam wrote:Thank you very much for that. If I have been working 40+ hours per week, would that entitle me to the full time hours for the bank holiday? Or does it just go by my contractual hours?
Thanks again
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Annual leave entitlement
tapnam wrote:Thank you very much for that. If I have been working 40+ hours per week, would that entitle me to the full time hours for the bank holiday? Or does it just go by my contractual hours?
Thanks again
At the moment contractual.
However, with recent tribunal rulings and the CWU in discussion over this exact issue (average holiday pay from previous 12 weeks) it may change in the next few years.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
TrueBlueTerrier
- FORUM ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 72733
- Joined: 30 Dec 2006, 10:29
- Gender: Male
- Location: On my couch
Annual leave entitlement
joewyan wrote:Holiday is based only on your contracted hours. Therefore you wouldn't get paid anything. I'm not sure on how it works if Monday is usually your day off though, I think you might be entitled to a different day off that week instead?tapnam wrote:Thank you very much for that. If I have been working 40+ hours per week, would that entitle me to the full time hours for the bank holiday? Or does it just go by my contractual hours?
Thanks again
Correct. You would be entitled to a Lieu day if you were not due to work on the BH day itself.
All post by me in Green are Admin Posts.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
Any post in any other colour is my own responsibility.
If you like a news story I posted please click the link to show support Any news stories you can't post - PM me with a link
My sharing of news articles should not be interpreted as an endorsement or condemnation of any particular viewpoint or the issues presented. I share them solely for informational purposes.
-
IloveMYredTROLLEY!
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 1923
- Joined: 02 Apr 2010, 06:54
- Gender: Male
Annual leave entitlement
If you don't want the lieu day for a bank holiday falling on your scheduled day off, because actually getting to use those lieu days is like waiting for hell to freeze over (in my depot anyway), you can claim "b/h excess" overtime instead. Presuming your 20 hour week is split evenly, you could claim 5 hours "b/h excess."
My understanding is that taking the lieu day or getting the overtime is your choice, not your lino's and/or not your DOM's. You choose what suits you.
My understanding is that taking the lieu day or getting the overtime is your choice, not your lino's and/or not your DOM's. You choose what suits you.
-
peshwaarinaan
- Posts: 381
- Joined: 29 May 2015, 11:35
- Gender: Female
Annual leave entitlement
I work Wednesday to Saturday too so get the full entitlement. The person that does the leave just adds the days to my holiday entitlement in one block so I end up with two week's extra holidays.
-
notgoodanymore
- Posts: 16
- Joined: 13 Dec 2016, 11:55
- Gender: Female
Annual leave entitlement
Thanks guyspeshwaarinaan wrote:I work Wednesday to Saturday too so get the full entitlement. The person that does the leave just adds the days to my holiday entitlement in one block so I end up with two week's extra holidays.