ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
Getting a run tested
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
Getting a run tested
can I get a delivery route tested by a union rep? Someone who has no links to my D.O & therefore impartial in the task at hand.
-
osgoody1970
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 360
- Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
- Gender: Male
Getting a run tested
i did, got two area reps out and it was my day off, so I popped out, area reps could not believe how fast there were!!! still went over, I think 50-60mins, nothing got done about it, if I recall!!!
-
Dorset Plodder
- Posts: 4351
- Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
- Gender: Male
Getting a run tested
Very difficult indeed Stephen87. I've managed to get a duty checked once and an Assistant DOM from our nearby Office came out with me and sat in the van. Wasn't very successful...... he asked about an hour before the finish how much did I have left and knocked off.
I keenly awaited his verdict only to be told, "He say's it's OK, you should be able to do it in time". I was bloody fuming
but nothing ever got changed. I suggest you do what I ended up doing: Use the over running procedure and leave enough mail in the frame to enable you to finish on time (if that's what the DOM agrees to). The DOM didn't like it but there wasn't anything they could do about it. All they asked me was if they couldn't get that section delivered could I take it the following day and leave another section. Just to make sure those same roads didn't dip out on their mail several days running. It worked, as after several weeks of this they took some delivery points of the duty and put it on another one. 
I keenly awaited his verdict only to be told, "He say's it's OK, you should be able to do it in time". I was bloody fuming
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)