ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting a run tested

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
stephen.cal87
Posts: 72
Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
Gender: Male

Getting a run tested

Post by stephen.cal87 »

can I get a delivery route tested by a union rep? Someone who has no links to my D.O & therefore impartial in the task at hand.
osgoody1970
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 360
Joined: 21 Jun 2011, 13:44
Gender: Male

Getting a run tested

Post by osgoody1970 »

i did, got two area reps out and it was my day off, so I popped out, area reps could not believe how fast there were!!! still went over, I think 50-60mins, nothing got done about it, if I recall!!!
Dorset Plodder
Posts: 4351
Joined: 29 Apr 2009, 20:05
Gender: Male

Getting a run tested

Post by Dorset Plodder »

Very difficult indeed Stephen87. I've managed to get a duty checked once and an Assistant DOM from our nearby Office came out with me and sat in the van. Wasn't very successful...... he asked about an hour before the finish how much did I have left and knocked off. :thumbdown

I keenly awaited his verdict only to be told, "He say's it's OK, you should be able to do it in time". I was bloody fuming :mad but nothing ever got changed. I suggest you do what I ended up doing: Use the over running procedure and leave enough mail in the frame to enable you to finish on time (if that's what the DOM agrees to). The DOM didn't like it but there wasn't anything they could do about it. All they asked me was if they couldn't get that section delivered could I take it the following day and leave another section. Just to make sure those same roads didn't dip out on their mail several days running. It worked, as after several weeks of this they took some delivery points of the duty and put it on another one. :cuppa
Like all Wage Slaves, he had two crosses to bear: The people he worked for and the people he worked with! (Stephen Vizinczey.)