ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
CWU
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
CWU
I'm finding it a bit worrying really. People in my office haven't really got a clue about the talks that have been going on and what are the main sticking points from the CWU perspective. Today one guy (30 years service) who has always been a union member and supported all strikes said to me " there won't be a strike - the workforce won't vote for it as nowadays people don't want to go out especially over little things". I started to put him right on why I think there will be a strike and what the big sticking points are. I think he was a bit taken aback and this isn't down to him being a company man etc just purely down to how poorly things have been communicated out at local level. We've had no visit from an area rep to explain what's going on and what it is that we stand to lose if RM get their way. Surely our office can't be the only one in the country where no one is talking about what's going on. When I mention what's going on and the talks between RM and CWU people join in and ask what it's about and say they haven't heard anything about it or anything about ballots and strikes. If the CWU decide to ballot they are going to have to do a lot of work in communicating the fight or we will lose before we start, not through peoples' lack of will but because they don't understand what is happening. I come on here but most people don't come home from work and get onto RM or CWU social media to catch up with stuff so it needs to be communicated through traditional methods.
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
CWU
Royal Mail's proposals : CWU Four Pillars of Security Campaign
Latest news and discussion on the 2017 talks...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... m.php?f=62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Latest news and discussion on the 2017 talks...
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... m.php?f=62" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
GRS
- Posts: 826
- Joined: 15 Jun 2015, 18:38
- Gender: Female
- Location: South West
CWU
As I said that is the same in our place. Maybe the bigger offices are getting the word around but our's is a small office and there has been zilch. Need to up their game because people aren't realising how big and important this is.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
CWU
This is exactly what is happening here. The first CWU communication went up on the board at the beginning of the week, although I have to admit I only saw it for the first time today. It was trying to address reasons NOT to come in early. It was along the lines of if x amount of colleagues in our office come in 30 minutes early, cut corners, don't take their break, that's 400 hours every week worked for free. The union rep backs it, and rightly so. Although some part timers pull the wool over their own eyes... several through the doors at 7:30 this morning. On our office that's only an hour into a full timers prep, and an hour early for the part timer.Jpro747 wrote:Small office here - we are constantly being bombarded with RM propaganda - courier newsflash, WTL videos, PDA messages, etc. Virtually nothing seen or heard from the COMMUNICATION workers union to counter their arguments.
-
smok3y666
- Posts: 753
- Joined: 21 Dec 2008, 10:47
- Gender: Male
CWU
Just had a look at those CWU bulletins. In our office i've seen 2, maybe 3 of them floating around upstairs on the tables where people have breaks although most people won't see them as they work through their break and knock off early.
Infact I've probably found out more about what the strike is about by watching the RM prapaganda videos than what I have from the union rep.
2nd edit. I'd even go so far as to say most people in the office I work in don't know the full extent of what the strike is about other than RM wants to take stuff off them.
Infact I've probably found out more about what the strike is about by watching the RM prapaganda videos than what I have from the union rep.
2nd edit. I'd even go so far as to say most people in the office I work in don't know the full extent of what the strike is about other than RM wants to take stuff off them.
Last edited by smok3y666 on 16 Aug 2017, 22:53, edited 1 time in total.
-
Edward Hunter
- Posts: 680
- Joined: 23 May 2007, 22:30
CWU
You will find that alot of small offices dont even go out on strike. Its always the mail centers and big city DOs that are the vanguard of industrial action. I used to work at a London DO and we were always 90% solid during IA. Whilst on strike i used to take my kids into school near a smallish office in the suburbs. ALL working as normal. I am now working out in the sticks and whilst the message has been put out there because we have a decent rep, still heard some one say the other day that "whatever the national vote, we will then do our own vote to see if WE go out!" 