ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

I'm here :-D

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

I'm here :-D

Post by Angwyn »

Ha ha first week under my belt.
Not seen a vehicle check, not had meal relief.
Overtime requested first day and lapsing second day onward.
First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
Can't say I wasn't forewarned lol.
At least my body is coping, no protest there lol
Here's to week two . . . . . cheers
robbertwhitton
Posts: 1132
Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
Gender: Male

I'm here :-D

Post by robbertwhitton »

Suck it up buttercup!!! Ha enjoy ,the management culture of fear will pay you a visit soon
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

I'm here :-D

Post by Angwyn »

robbertwhitton wrote:Suck it up buttercup!!! Ha enjoy ,the management culture of fear will pay you a visit soon
I am sucking it up lol cheers :crazy:
world class male
Posts: 903
Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
Gender: Male

I'm here :-D

Post by world class male »

Angwyn wrote: First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
make notes of your days off, tuesday are usually shorts so you will end up working for free without knowing
i've never heard a rep flag this practice up
Interested-seeker
Posts: 442
Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
Gender: Female

I'm here :-D

Post by Interested-seeker »

Angwyn wrote:Ha ha first week under my belt.
Not seen a vehicle check, not had meal relief.
Overtime requested first day and lapsing second day onward.
First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
Can't say I wasn't forewarned lol.
At least my body is coping, no protest there lol
Here's to week two . . . . . cheers
hi, good luck with it all :wave
clashcityrocker
Posts: 16700
Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
Gender: Male
Location: strummerville

I'm here :-D

Post by clashcityrocker »

world class male wrote:
Angwyn wrote: First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
make notes of your days off, tuesday are usually shorts so you will end up working for free without knowing
i've never heard a rep flag this practice up
That is because not all offices work longs and shorts.
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
FAB
Posts: 234
Joined: 06 May 2017, 22:57
Gender: Male

I'm here :-D

Post by FAB »

Why no meal relief?
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

I'm here :-D

Post by Angwyn »

hi, good luck with it all :wave
Thanks. I'm enjoying it :Very Happy
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

I'm here :-D

Post by Angwyn »

FAB wrote:Why no meal relief?
Just while I get up to speed :wink:
A bit slow with the prep so eager to crack on, I do get to sit in the van for 10 mins :thumbup
Postie45
Posts: 2160
Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
Gender: Male

I'm here :-D

Post by Postie45 »

in no way is that a break away from your work station, i know youre probably kidding, but just in case....
Angwyn
Posts: 76
Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
Gender: Female

I'm here :-D

Post by Angwyn »

Postie45 wrote:in no way is that a break away from your work station, i know youre probably kidding, but just in case....
Thanks :wink: :thumbup
yellowbelly
Posts: 3727
Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
Gender: Male

I'm here :-D

Post by yellowbelly »

Angwyn wrote:
Postie45 wrote:in no way is that a break away from your work station, i know youre probably kidding, but just in case....
Thanks :wink: :thumbup
Although you will see lots of debate on here about when you can take your break and how much you can/should take
in one go, make sure you are adding the break you are not taking on the time sheet. I've been on a HCT round
where it is impossible to take a break, all housing, no pubs, cafe's, toilets or park seats so in this case I DO book
it all at the end of a shift.

So if you get back to the office at say 1500, you've had a 10 minute 'break' in the van you should still be entitled
to a further 20 minutes (for 5-7 hours but it depends on your hours). So your final finish time should be at least 1520.
Also don't forget to account for time booking parcels back in, handing vehicle keys/PDA back,
doing kill offs and all the other niff naff at the end of the shift.
Brandy
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 729
Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
Gender: Female

I'm here :-D

Post by Brandy »

Angwyn wrote:
hi, good luck with it all :wave
Thanks. I'm enjoying it :Very Happy
Hope you still feel so keen after a few months,good luck . :hmmmm
stephen.cal87
Posts: 72
Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
Gender: Male

I'm here :-D

Post by stephen.cal87 »

The novilty soon wears off... christmas is coming :cry