ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
I'm here :-D
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
I'm here :-D
Ha ha first week under my belt.
Not seen a vehicle check, not had meal relief.
Overtime requested first day and lapsing second day onward.
First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
Can't say I wasn't forewarned lol.
At least my body is coping, no protest there lol
Here's to week two . . . . . cheers
Not seen a vehicle check, not had meal relief.
Overtime requested first day and lapsing second day onward.
First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
Can't say I wasn't forewarned lol.
At least my body is coping, no protest there lol
Here's to week two . . . . . cheers
-
robbertwhitton
- Posts: 1132
- Joined: 30 Aug 2010, 19:06
- Gender: Male
I'm here :-D
Suck it up buttercup!!! Ha enjoy ,the management culture of fear will pay you a visit soon
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
I'm here :-D
I am sucking it up lol cheersrobbertwhitton wrote:Suck it up buttercup!!! Ha enjoy ,the management culture of fear will pay you a visit soon
-
world class male
- Posts: 903
- Joined: 03 Jul 2013, 15:29
- Gender: Male
I'm here :-D
make notes of your days off, tuesday are usually shorts so you will end up working for free without knowingAngwyn wrote: First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
i've never heard a rep flag this practice up
-
Interested-seeker
- Posts: 442
- Joined: 20 Feb 2017, 11:50
- Gender: Female
I'm here :-D
hi, good luck with it allAngwyn wrote:Ha ha first week under my belt.
Not seen a vehicle check, not had meal relief.
Overtime requested first day and lapsing second day onward.
First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
Can't say I wasn't forewarned lol.
At least my body is coping, no protest there lol
Here's to week two . . . . . cheers
-
clashcityrocker
- Posts: 16700
- Joined: 22 Sep 2009, 13:50
- Gender: Male
- Location: strummerville
I'm here :-D
That is because not all offices work longs and shorts.world class male wrote:make notes of your days off, tuesday are usually shorts so you will end up working for free without knowingAngwyn wrote: First rest day . . . . a Tuesday.
i've never heard a rep flag this practice up
The societies of consumption and squandering of material resources are incompatible with the idea of economic growth and a clean planet.
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
I'm here :-D
Thanks. I'm enjoying ithi, good luck with it all
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
I'm here :-D
Just while I get up to speedFAB wrote:Why no meal relief?
A bit slow with the prep so eager to crack on, I do get to sit in the van for 10 mins
-
Postie45
- Posts: 2160
- Joined: 21 Aug 2012, 23:05
- Gender: Male
I'm here :-D
in no way is that a break away from your work station, i know youre probably kidding, but just in case....
-
Angwyn
- Posts: 76
- Joined: 04 Sep 2015, 09:39
- Gender: Female
I'm here :-D
ThanksPostie45 wrote:in no way is that a break away from your work station, i know youre probably kidding, but just in case....
-
yellowbelly
- Posts: 3727
- Joined: 23 Jun 2015, 15:51
- Gender: Male
I'm here :-D
Although you will see lots of debate on here about when you can take your break and how much you can/should takeAngwyn wrote:ThanksPostie45 wrote:in no way is that a break away from your work station, i know youre probably kidding, but just in case....![]()
in one go, make sure you are adding the break you are not taking on the time sheet. I've been on a HCT round
where it is impossible to take a break, all housing, no pubs, cafe's, toilets or park seats so in this case I DO book
it all at the end of a shift.
So if you get back to the office at say 1500, you've had a 10 minute 'break' in the van you should still be entitled
to a further 20 minutes (for 5-7 hours but it depends on your hours). So your final finish time should be at least 1520.
Also don't forget to account for time booking parcels back in, handing vehicle keys/PDA back,
doing kill offs and all the other niff naff at the end of the shift.
-
Brandy
- EX ROYAL MAIL
- Posts: 729
- Joined: 12 Sep 2011, 21:03
- Gender: Female
I'm here :-D
Hope you still feel so keen after a few months,good luck .Angwyn wrote:Thanks. I'm enjoying ithi, good luck with it all
-
stephen.cal87
- Posts: 72
- Joined: 19 May 2016, 12:59
- Gender: Male
I'm here :-D
The novilty soon wears off... christmas is coming 