ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE

ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!

Getting a transfer

Postal workers discussion forum. Discuss the day to day life in a Blue Shirt.
Reo
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by Reo »

Anyone got a transfer to another office ? Who did you contact ?
I haven't mentioned it to my manager yet as I know he won't want me to go as I know all the routes , want to know how I go about it without going directly through my Dom

Cheers
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by lightningpostman »

Reo wrote:Anyone got a transfer to another office ? Who did you contact ?
I haven't mentioned it to my manager yet as I know he won't want me to go as I know all the routes , want to know how I go about it without going directly through my Dom

Cheers
apply online you bypass the dom and headache completly
Reo
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by Reo »

Thanks mate , sorry to sound dumb where do I do this ?
lightningpostman
Posts: 271
Joined: 22 Apr 2015, 20:54
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by lightningpostman »

Reo wrote:Thanks mate , sorry to sound dumb where do I do this ?
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;



if a DO has a job advertised you can apply
Reo
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by Reo »

Thanks , do you know if you keep your senority
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by woopesh »

https://www.myroyalmail.com/working-royal-mail/careers" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

This is better. Click the current vacancies box for successfactors. The successfactors site is for staff only and you should be able to see jobs there before its posted to the public. I heard (no doubt trueblue will correct if wrong) that jobs have to be here for two weeks before being made public.

The careers page listed below is public.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
bigal383
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 492
Joined: 11 Dec 2012, 16:20
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by bigal383 »

Talk to your union rep about it. Get the offices job vacancy number and give it your dom if theres a vacancy they have to let you leave
joewyan
Posts: 382
Joined: 28 Jun 2016, 22:56
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by joewyan »

Reo wrote:Thanks , do you know if you keep your senority
Yes you keep you seniority.
SpacePhoenix
MAIL CENTRES/PROCESSING
Posts: 12193
Joined: 12 Nov 2008, 17:03
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by SpacePhoenix »

Might also be worth contacting the DOM of the DO that you're thinking of transfering to
Lou84
Posts: 162
Joined: 09 May 2012, 21:42
Gender: Female

Getting a transfer

Post by Lou84 »

Contact the office you want to go to and sort it out yourself, managers are lazy and won't do anything for you !
Reo
Posts: 9
Joined: 08 Aug 2013, 15:15
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by Reo »

Cheers everyone
Lounge Lizard
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 9458
Joined: 06 Aug 2007, 21:54

Getting a transfer

Post by Lounge Lizard »

woopesh wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/working-royal-mail/careers

This is better. Click the current vacancies box for successfactors. The successfactors site is for staff only and you should be able to see jobs there before its posted to the public. I heard (no doubt trueblue will correct if wrong) that jobs have to be here for two weeks before being made public.

The careers page listed below is public.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've not looked on there before but now see that we're told "Our colleagues are at the forefront of our ambition to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe".
What I would like to know is if we are not "recognised as the best delivery company in the UK" then who is ? :crazy:
woopesh
EX ROYAL MAIL
Posts: 230
Joined: 30 Dec 2015, 22:02
Gender: Male

Getting a transfer

Post by woopesh »

Lounge Lizard wrote:
woopesh wrote:https://www.myroyalmail.com/working-royal-mail/careers

This is better. Click the current vacancies box for successfactors. The successfactors site is for staff only and you should be able to see jobs there before its posted to the public. I heard (no doubt trueblue will correct if wrong) that jobs have to be here for two weeks before being made public.

The careers page listed below is public.
https://jobs.royalmailgroup.com/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
I've not looked on there before but now see that we're told "Our colleagues are at the forefront of our ambition to be recognised as the best delivery company in the UK and across Europe".
What I would like to know is if we are not "recognised as the best delivery company in the UK" then who is ? :crazy:
Yodel?