ANNOUNCEMENT : ALL OF ROYAL MAIL'S EMPLOYMENT POLICIES (AGREEMENTS) AT A GLANCE (Updated 2021)... HERE
ANNOUNCEMENT : PLEASE BE AWARE WE ARE NOT ON FACEBOOK AT ALL!
1 in 6 Saturdays
-
Marke87
- Posts: 19
- Joined: 11 Sep 2015, 09:56
- Gender: Male
1 in 6 Saturdays
Is it national agreement that every employee should be entitiled to 1 in 6 Saturdays off even if they are reserve. If so, could someone direct me to where I can find the national agreement?
-
slinder123
- Posts: 261
- Joined: 25 Oct 2014, 14:44
- Gender: Female
1 in 6 Saturdays
its not so much finding the agreement its getting the backing of your fellow workers to make it happen which they will not do as long as they get theres thats the sad state of agreements they just dont work unless you pressurise the dom good luck 
-
woofwoof
- Posts: 1516
- Joined: 13 Apr 2007, 16:23
- Gender: Male
- Location: stinky land
1 in 6 Saturdays
http://www.royalmailchat.co.uk/communit ... =1&t=55259" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
-
POSTMAN
- SITE ADMINISTRATOR
- Posts: 32798
- Joined: 07 Aug 2006, 03:19
- Gender: Male
1 in 6 Saturdays
Get a seniority list of the reserves.
Go down the list so they reserves get the pick of what duties are available for the next week.
They should then in the interest of fairness...
Have the day off of the duty they are covering,if it's 'Bobs' duty and it's a Sat off then they have that.If 'Bob' was on it he would have that day off wouldn't he!
Get some kind of aggregate list,that way you can keep an eye on who's had Sat's off,if some,even if they are low on seniority in the list have not had a Sat off for a while then they get priority.
Go down the list so they reserves get the pick of what duties are available for the next week.
They should then in the interest of fairness...
Have the day off of the duty they are covering,if it's 'Bobs' duty and it's a Sat off then they have that.If 'Bob' was on it he would have that day off wouldn't he!
Get some kind of aggregate list,that way you can keep an eye on who's had Sat's off,if some,even if they are low on seniority in the list have not had a Sat off for a while then they get priority.
I Wrote-During Covid-Which is still relevant now
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
It's good to get these types of threads, the ridiculous my manager said bollox, so we can reassure ourselves that while the world is falling apart, Royal Mail managers are still being the low-life C***S they have always been.
My BFF Clash
The daily grind of having to argue your case with an intellectual pigmy of a line manager is physically and emotionally draining.
-
ScousePostie
- Posts: 273
- Joined: 29 Jan 2015, 12:26
- Gender: Male
1 in 6 Saturdays
I had a discussion with DOM a few weeks back about getting the Saturday and Monday off (long weekend). He said it is practically impossible to give reserves long weekends unless they are on the same duty the week after having Saturday off, or by coincidence you are on one walk one week with Saturday, then the next week on another duty with Monday off. He and union rep told me there is no national agreement on 1 in 6 Saturday's for reserves. Union rep did say the system needs to be fairer though.
It is probably worth me mentioning that I have no problems with the amount of Saturday's I have off. It is the Saturday/Monday long weekend that I had an issue with. I get a fair amount of Saturday's off over the year. Maybe not every 1 in 6 but over the course of the year I get the same if not more than everyone else in the office.
It is probably worth me mentioning that I have no problems with the amount of Saturday's I have off. It is the Saturday/Monday long weekend that I had an issue with. I get a fair amount of Saturday's off over the year. Maybe not every 1 in 6 but over the course of the year I get the same if not more than everyone else in the office.
-
Darren Bent
- Posts: 2150
- Joined: 05 Oct 2007, 15:38
- Gender: Male
- Location: Pride Park, Derby, DE24 8XL
1 in 6 Saturdays
Maybe you need a system to have
6 duty with SM, TW, TF then rotate.
6 duty with SM, TW, TF then rotate.
-
telithowitis
- Posts: 149
- Joined: 03 Aug 2016, 20:19
- Gender: Male
1 in 6 Saturdays
Rubbish you are entitled to Saturdays off your DOM is lying and as for the union rep well enough said
Put a formal grievance in. It's the only way othwise you will get a load of false promises
Frankly unfortunately the reason reserves don't get them in our DO is so many duty holders who already get them go sick on Saturdays.
Put a formal grievance in. It's the only way othwise you will get a load of false promises
Frankly unfortunately the reason reserves don't get them in our DO is so many duty holders who already get them go sick on Saturdays.
-
bmccoll
- Posts: 190
- Joined: 21 Sep 2015, 22:19
- Gender: Male
1 in 6 Saturdays
I've seen Inspectors put a reserve on a duty from M-W then change him on to another for the rest of the week so that he'd be off on the Thursday or Friday instead of Saturday. I challenged him about it but he shrugged his shoulders and said the order came from above him.
s**t always, always runs downhill.
I'm sure there was an agreement of sorts years ago that reserves would be due a long weekend every 6 weeks, but I don't think that held up to scrutiny the way staffing would work.
s**t always, always runs downhill.
I'm sure there was an agreement of sorts years ago that reserves would be due a long weekend every 6 weeks, but I don't think that held up to scrutiny the way staffing would work.